Home

Things You'd Like to See in KotOR III.

Revan_Pwn_Malak

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number 1 on my list: Divergent storylines. One for Jedi/Republic; one for Sith. I'm fed up with the only real difference to the story being the texture of your face...TSL was the worst in that respect.

Number 2: More customisation options - face, hair, unique robes/capes, sabre hilts, etc.

Number 3: CORUSCANT!!

Number 4: A better ship!:xp:

That's all for now...

1: Take it out of Obsidian's hands, at least until Obsidian makes a game that actually has a satisfactory ending without a sequel or expansion pack.

2: Improve Blasters.

3: Either make the turret minigame fun, or remove it. Right now, it's just irritating. TSL was a great improvement in this regard.

4: Quit wanking to Revan. TSL was ludicrous in this regard. The Heart of the Force? Come on. Why don't you make him a little bit more of a Mary-Sue?

5: If you want a plot twist, make it a good one. Kreia is EVIL is not a good plot twist, that was obvious after about the third time she opened her mouth.

6: Stop revisiting planets we've already been to before. There are more than twenty planets in Star Wars.

It would be better if they actually added more planets to the game. I for one would like to see a KotOR game with the story depth and length of Final Fantasy - it gets boring when you can easily enough complete it within a couple of days...

Star Wars Galaxies is also a RPG(sort of). It has space combat.

You can do a very good SPRPG or a very good space simulation but not both. Not even EA has the resources to do it.

It would be better if they actually added more planets to the game. I for one would like to see a KotOR game with the story depth and length of Final Fantasy - it gets boring when you can easily enough complete it within a couple of days...

I rather see different planets with good stories.

1: Take it out of Obsidian's hands, at least until Obsidian makes a game that actually has a satisfactory ending without a sequel or expansion pack.

2: Improve Blasters.

3: Either make the turret minigame fun, or remove it. Right now, it's just irritating. TSL was a great improvement in this regard.

4: Quit wanking to Revan. TSL was ludicrous in this regard. The Heart of the Force? Come on. Why don't you make him a little bit more of a Mary-Sue?

5: If you want a plot twist, make it a good one. Kreia is EVIL is not a good plot twist, that was obvious after about the third time she opened her mouth.

6: Stop revisiting planets we've already been to before. There are more than twenty planets in Star Wars.

1) There was nothing wrong with the ending of TSL. My only problem with the game was no party characters on Malachor V except Mira. The entire TSL story is very similar to Planscape: Torment.

2) Agreed

3) You can skip the mini-games in TSL

4) Agreed

5) TSL was about a lot of small plot twists instead of the OMG plot twist.

6) Agreed

I've added my ideas to these threads several times before, so I'll see what I can remember this time around.

1. Kreia's Force Ghost, somewhere in the game.

2. Most of the previous main characters having cameos or small roles.

3. Player not being the Exile or Revan.

4. Revan and Exile appearing in-game. Their alignment, gender, and so on being specified by the player in the same manner as with Revan in KOTOR 2.

5. Have a reasonable explanation for why the Jedi Order still exists circa 4,000 years later... as of TSL, there's no way of knowing how they still could, since the entire Jedi Council is dead, and it's not likely that any other masters survived the Purge, taking into account the information given in KOTOR 2.

6. Leave out the following planets:

Α - Dantooine. We've been there twice before. It was different the second time around, but in all likelihood a third time would just be more of the same.

Β - Manaan should not appear anywhere in KOTOR 3 unless it includes the complete and absolute genocide of every Selkath on its surface. And for good measure, all content involving Manaan being cut from the game.

Γ - Tatooine is overused in Star Wars very, very badly. Besides, visiting there again won't give the player anything new to experience.

Δ - Taris. I'm only mentioning it because some people have mentioned it before, so I'll say it out loud: The surface of Taris is destroyed. Everyone there is dead. There's nothing left except endless piles of wreckage and corpses. Nobody survived. It took the planet millennia to recover, so no big progress will have been made in the years between KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 3.

Ε - Kashyyyk - There's nothing of potential interest there. Just a bunch of big trees. I don't want to revisit the "Wookiees vs Slavers" plot, which by the way, had been used several times in Star Wars before KOTOR 1 came around.

Ζ - Korriban - Like Dantooine, we've visited it twice before. The first time was good, the second was different and a little disappointing (probably tons of stuff there got cut that none of us will ever hear of), and revisiting it will not give us anything other than what we got with KOTOR 2.

Η - Telos, because any planet associated with Carth Onasi automatically flunks in my book. Serves it right to get the Base Delta Zero treatment from Malak and Saul.

If I can remember anything else later, I'll add it to the thread.

On a side-note...

I didn't know Kreia being evil was supposed to be a plot twist.

If Kreia being Evil wasn't supposed to be a plot twist, why was her Force Alignment arbitrarily locked at Absolute Neutrality despite the fact that THAT is a total crock? Maybe it's just because you're arbitrarily made incapable of preparing for Kreia's betrayal, say, by having Atton inject a small thermal detonator into her bloodstream...

Bah.

At any rate, I'd like to see KotoR III be totally unrelated to the events of KotoR I and II, actually. Frankly, I see KotoR II as being some extremely poor design choices. They tacked on an arbitrary new threat despite the fact that at the end of KotoR, there was no need for a direct sequel, basically turned Revan into a gigantic Mary-Sue instead of just a capable strategist who found a nice piece of tech.

However, at this stage, it would be effectively impossible to end the storyline without a backlash from the majority of fans who do not feel about TSL the way I do. However, I hope they wrap up this storyline with KotoR III and then continue to make games. There's a roughly four thousand year period they can use KotoR games for, with plenty of stories that can be told. It's a bit Final Fantasy, but that could be a good thing.

At any rate, since KotoR III should take place exclusively within the Unknown Regions, no planet that has ever been mentioned during KotoR should feature in it. However, I wouldn't be averse to seeing such things as the Chiss or Vagaari, both of which could make interesting allies or enemies.

Not sure that I agree that no planet ever mentioned should be featured. Just because it was unknown back then, doesn't mean that 5000 years later, it's still unknown. Seems to me like it's just am area of the outer rim that hasn't been explored yet, possibly due to "The True Sith" discouraging such exploration with varying degrees of force(so to speak).

I said never mentioned in KotoR, not never mentioned ever. If you read my post, you'll see I mention the Chiss and Vagaari, both of which have been featured previously. If you were running into Chiss and Vagaari, you'd probably be somewhere in the vicinity of Csilla.

However, I'd prefer most of the worlds to be ones that have never been featured before. Especially if Obsidian is designing it. Then maybe they can put their creative juices to good use instead of just pretentiousness.

Alderaan? lol no j/k.

1. I want new planets as well, they are butchering the planets by repeating them.

I definatly want to see Coruscant in the game.

2.Returning characters. To be specific HK-47

3. A decent storyline that is easy and fun to follow, and ends...actually ends.

4. BIOWARE!!!! :)

That's about all I ask, better blasters would be nice, and total customization.

7. Have a decent amount of endings. By "endings", I mean endings that are actually different. People complain about KOTOR 2 not having an ending, which is true, but I don't think KOTOR 1 had much of one either. In KOTOR 2, you kill the last enemy, escape, and the game immediately ends. In KOTOR 1 you kill the last enemy, escape, and get to listen to a speech from Master Vandar that has more ham than a Christmas banquet before the game immediately ends. I don't see much of a difference.

I want true, genuine diversity in the endings. In KOTOR 2, obviously, there is no difference whatsoever between the two alignment-based endings, and throughout the game you do basically the same things when you're dark-sided as when you're light. KOTOR 1 is just as bad, except you get one major difference in the ending cutscene. Both KOTOR games have very weak endings, consisting of a rapid drop in the number of story choices and dialogue, followed by a series of immense areas which contain literally nothing except more enemies to kill, with no breathing room given in between fights. It was even worse in KOTOR 1, where the enemies on the Star Forge actually did continually respawn. It's basically one huge fight, broken in K2 by a long conversation with Darth Traya at the end, but despite the much vaster amount of dialogue in K2, they both manage to turn out equally vague. K2's ending copied K1's, and even in KOTOR 1, which is for some reason considered to have a "real" ending, there's no diversity in the two endings except for a different ending cutscene (which even K2 has one tenth of) and some tweaked dialogue with the characters. I consider the light and dark endings of K1 to count as approximately one and a fourth endings, at most. Not only would I like KOTOR 3 to have complete endings, but I'd also like the endings to have actual differences between them. That aside, why are endings always decided by being light or dark, why not some other factors, too?

How about optional planets?

For instance, you need to do such and such to defeat Darth xyz. But there are different ways you could do it, and different places it could be done.

I would prefer that as opposed to being forced to visit planets because they're the only ones to do it on.

How about optional planets?

For instance, you need to do such and such to defeat Darth xyz. But there are different ways you could do it, and different places it could be done.

I would prefer that as opposed to being forced to visit planets because they're the only ones to do it on.

So kind of like Mass Effect, in the snese there were lots of planets but you didn't have to go to them?

I actually really like that idea, have like 2 or 3 you have to go to for storyline purposes and like 7 or 8 more you can go to if you want.

I think much harder gameplay, a much longer storyline, being able to continue playing the game after the main storyline is completed (Like being able to still go to the planets and use the party members) and multiplayer

What would be cool is like a system what Fable 2 is using where you can join your friends games and where they are. But maybe like during the story quests they cannot access it.

So kind of like Mass Effect, in the snese there were lots of planets but you didn't have to go to them?

I actually really like that idea, have like 2 or 3 you have to go to for storyline purposes and like 7 or 8 more you can go to if you want.

Similar yes, but not the same.

Let's say that there's are a multitude of things to be done to defeat said enemy - one of those things could be done on either Korriban or Ziost, for instance - and you simply choose which one - of course, there'll be different quests for each planet, so it's not just a simple terrain change.

Definitally different planets. Returning characters from 1 & 2. More personal custimazation options (facial hair, eye color, ect.). I want to know what happened to Revan and the exile. You could determine their alignment during the game, and then go to wherever they are and kill them, join them, save them, whatever.

Archived