Home

Things You'd Like to See in KotOR III.

Revan_Pwn_Malak

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Grey Jedi: I think Jedi like Bindo were really Grey but not "neutral." I think Grey is still good or bad: Bindo was grey/good Kreia was, I think at one point, grey/evil. But neither one would do things like give away the Ebon Hawk or adhere strictly to the Jedi Code, nor would they kill in cold blood. I think it would be cool to have a "grey" side: but it isn't neutral, it is still good or evil, merely less idealogical.

What should be in Kotor III: I like a lot of your various ideas, but just remember that Kotor II seemed to try to do too much and had to get cut down. It could have been better plotwise if they had been less ambitious about putting in all the bells and whistles. Kotor I with a new good plot is my idea of a good new game.

See, there's a flaw in that. Jolee Bindo was, alignment meter not withstanding, pretty clearly Light-Sided. He had a few screws loose, just a wee bit bonkers, but he was still Light-Sided.

Kreia, on the other hand, was using an ability those of us familiar with DND would know as 'Alignment Undetectable'.

I am familiar with the Potentium. It's incorrect. Which is a pity, because I find the idea far more interesting than Light/Dark Sides, neither of which really ever made any sense. It's out-and-out stated to be a corrupting path by 'Path of the Jedi'. I find that to be a load of crap, but it's canon.

Actually, there is. It's a view that the Jedi opposed called the Potentium. Here's a link to an article on the Force, and it has a whole section on it.

First off, there is no gray side. There's [the] light and dark [sides], with their own powers and specific emotions related to them. Nowhere does that article (or any Star Wars material, canon or non-canon) mention a "gray side". Furthermore, nowhere is Potentium called the "gray philosophy".

I am familiar with the Potentium. It's incorrect. Which is a pity, because I find the idea far more interesting than Light/Dark Sides, neither of which really ever made any sense. It's out-and-out stated to be a corrupting path by 'Path of the Jedi'. I find that to be a load of crap, but it's canon.

If I may quote someone else on this:

The Potentium heresy is heresy for a reason. Channeling the Dark Side ultimately corrupts you. It's incompatible with the Light Side. Palpatine used the Potentium heresy to attempt to lure Anakin in Ep III (the scene where Anakin tells Palpatine that Obi-Wan's engaged Grievous). Vergere, a fallen Jedi who came under instruction of Palpatine, used the Potentium heresy to lure Jacen, who ultimately fell to the Dark Side, believing he could master both sides. Yoda hunted down Potentium heretics at some point because of the danger of the Potentium theory in luring people to the Dark Side. Looking further back, there were the examples of Ulic Qel-Droma, Kreia, and even Revan.

The Potentium isn't even a philosophy. It's just a bunch of in-universe characters splitting hairs about evil being within people instead of the Force (like that makes any difference) so the authors can ignore the corrupting effects that the dark side has demonstrated pretty much since the beginning, and allow Jedi to use Force lightning (for example) in their writing. Potentium doesn't add anything new to the story as people seem to think it would. Worse yet, Potentium has (as Endorenna, along with numerous other people have demonstrated) given birth to numerous unsupported fanon theories about the Force having a third side instead of just two, a concept which Potentium never even hints at.

Thanks for correcting me. I'm not really into the Star Wars novels, so I can't quote what they say in them. When I read the Potentium theory, I thought it was supported by the Legacy series (from the mention of Vergere), which is considered canon.

Vergere is ultimately revealed to be a Sith, so there's your reason why she would support such heresy.

1) In kotor 2 you were always forced to have a defined alignment. Kreia wouldn't learn you stuff or let you progress unless you were either bad or good. I would like that neutralism also be a variant. That means separate ending :D

2) Kotor 2 revolves a lot on being a jedi. K1 isn't like that at least in beginning. I would like the main character to have a the choice of how long he will stay as a soldier/scoundrel/scout. But both soldier and jedi guardian to be equilibrated. Cause in K1/2 if you let a soldier and a jedi guardian fight, both with auto level up at highest level, the jedi guardian will win...

3) HUGE BATTLE! Like to have several HUGE battles. Skirmishes. Yeah, maybe a side quest in wich you must aid... some army in some battles. But big ones. With like (if it's possible :p ) hundreds of NPCs holding their line, in a fortified position. And you can call air support and things like that!

4) Improved combat engine. Yeah... At least for blasters. I don't want it to exactly be a shooter. But something mixed. Like let you aim and fire and there should be like an auto aim, but not that aimish, so you can also have parts of it, and if you have specific attributes high ( like strength) and feats, your chances of hit and you auto aim will increase.

And as for melee, something similar to Oblivion, but modified in slightly more RPGish.

5) Like, the party member selection screen not to be hardcoded, so we can have mods that let you have all the party members with ya xD.

6) Revan and The Exile in your party through the ends of the game.

7)A larger plot, larger quests, larger dialogs, and an overall improvement at the game's feeling.

1) In kotor 2 you were always forced to have a defined alignment. Kreia wouldn't learn you stuff or let you progress unless you were either bad or good. I would like that neutralism also be a variant. That means separate ending :D

Being neutral won't get you anywhere. And you aren't FORCED to have an alignment. It's just helpful if you do have one.

2) Kotor 2 revolves a lot on being a jedi. K1 isn't like that at least in beginning. I would like the main character to have a the choice of how long he will stay as a soldier/scoundrel/scout. But both soldier and jedi guardian to be equilibrated. Cause in K1/2 if you let a soldier and a jedi guardian fight, both with auto level up at highest level, the jedi guardian will win... [/Quote]

You could hardly call the games Knights of the Old Republic if the main part wasn't about Jedi.

3) HUGE BATTLE! Like to have several HUGE battles. Skirmishes. Yeah, maybe a side quest in wich you must aid... some army in some battles. But big ones. With like (if it's possible :p ) hundreds of NPCs holding their line, in a fortified position. And you can call air support and things like that! [/Quote]

That sounds... like too much. I'd much rather stick with the smaller conflicts.

4) Improved combat engine. Yeah... At least for blasters. I don't want it to exactly be a shooter. But something mixed. Like let you aim and fire and there should be like an auto aim, but not that aimish, so you can also have parts of it, and if you have specific attributes high ( like strength) and feats, your chances of hit and you auto aim will increase.

And as for melee, something similar to Oblivion, but modified in slightly more RPGish. [/Quote]

No. It wouldn't be Kotor if they changed the system. It's based on D20 rules, and that's how it should stay.

5) Like, the party member selection screen not to be hardcoded, so we can have mods that let you have all the party members with ya xD.

Why?

6) Revan and The Exile in your party through the ends of the game.

Big, super-duper NO on that one. I dislike Revan, and I don't want him getting in the way of the game.

7)A larger plot, larger quests, larger dialogs, and an overall improvement at the game's feeling.

Saving the Universe isn't enough?

And as for melee, something similar to Oblivion, but modified in slightly more RPGish.

I've had my say on Kotor combat system so many times... I surely wished the d20 was extinct, but not if it's replaced by the Oblicion one, ugh. I've said and repeated, FFXII would be the way to go.

In KOTOR 3 I'd like to see things that point towards images of the future. Meaning beginnings of work on making republic soldiers super. To point towards clone troopers. Beginnings of technology in laser developement on destroying cities and work towards expanding that to destroying planets.

Basically signs and images the characters see in the game that elude towards the current star wars movies. And the ability to effect that future. Since in KOTR 1 you were able to effect the future so much I think if Bioware does that game they should revive that theme in KOTOR 3. I think it should be of next gen technology and of course Revan should return. :)

• 2 weeks later...

stuff i'd like to see:

1.after all this waiting, i want a GOOD STORY! as good or better than k1!

2.animations, animations, and MORE animations! i'd like to see uncountable, different animations in there. i find the same movements in dialogue again and again kinda boring. there should be special animations that are, only used once and the like. and especially in combat. each character having different fighting styles. y'know, keep it 'fresh'. imagine playing the game for ages and then seeing animations you havnt seen before? it would make battles so much better to watch.

3. i want to find out what happens to revan and exile. it would be great IMO if we saw characters from the previous games.

4.customizable ships! the ebon hawk was nearly totaled on malachor, and IMO instead of scrapping it, i'd like to build it! change it's look! as much customization as weapons in k2, maybe more! (imagine 'need for speed level' customization...:D) and maybe even get a different ship if you want, like zonama sekot ships! (if they are around back then) and meditation spheres.

Number 1 on my list: Divergent storylines. One for Jedi/Republic; one for Sith. I'm fed up with the only real difference to the story being the texture of your face...TSL was the worst in that respect.

Number 2: More customisation options - face, hair, unique robes/capes, sabre hilts, etc.

Number 3: CORUSCANT!!

Number 4: A better ship!:xp:

That's all for now...

A must.

• 4 weeks later...

Some things that would fix the mistakes it's older brothers made:

1 - As said before, the same planets are boring. And I will not buy the game if there is no Coruscant (this could be a jk)

2 - No main villians following you around until they reveal themselves in a final boss battle followed by their apprentices (I'm looking at you, Kreia)

3 - Please (oh plz!) don't have you're party members knocked out at a crucial moment, leaving you to escape a Sith base while dragging your unconscious teammates to safety and/or fight a super tough Mark III droid with dozens of gadgets when you're only at level 2

4 - No old man, no humor. Keep it real

5 - Don't stick us on a planet at the beginning of the game that takes 2 weeks to beat to get the ship and visit other planets (Example: Taris, Peragus Mining Facility :swear: )

That is all

• 2 weeks later...

More lightsaber combat things as well as powers. Left handedness.

Customizable character body and apparel (smackdown to MK/Soul Caliber)

More hand to hand. More melee.

Elaborate on the past 2 a little while somehow drawing the series to a clean playthrough.

A Dignified conclusion to the series as well as having a story all its own.

More lightsaber combat things as well as powers. Left handedness.

Customizable character body and apparel (smackdown to MK/Soul Caliber)

More hand to hand. More melee.

Elaborate on the past 2 a little while somehow drawing the series to a clean playthrough.

A Dignified conclusion to the series as well as having a story all its own.

Something like a seamless movement transition for the D20 engine?

Archived