Home

Is this the right tool for the job?

sld123

I'm new at networking and I want to start making my own network wires/cables for my office. I ordered this crimping tool from http://www.lducompany.com (crimper should be here in a few days) and I wanted to learn if there are any other kinds of network cat5 wire crimping tools out there that would work better? http://www.liangdianup.com/inventory/459901.htm is the location for the crimp plires on thier website, those are the ones that I bought. Funny that it says Germany on the handle of the plires but I would gues they are made in China since the company I bought them from is in China. If you know of a name of a certin cat 5 wire crimper that would be better for me to use then please post it here. Thank you :)

i agree with rayston use unsecure wifi with mac filtering and then make everyone ssh into one awesome server with only port 80 open and use lynx to browse the internet and bam secure network (because all the clients are running freebsd 7 and only have port 22 open and the users only have permission to execute cat and ssh because that's all you need to be truly productive unless you SUCK)

Yeah, but wireless LANs can be annoying too. Like my PS3 that sits just far enough away to make my connection to my wireless slow and crappy.

And then theres different hardware. My Wii gets a wireless signal perfectly, sitting right next to the PS3. And my laptop, which seems like it could recieve a wireless signal from the moon and still download fast.

And my other computer, which sits closer than the PS3, and gets half the strength of the Wii.

Sometimes I just like crawling around in the attic crimping cables and running them down the walls of the house.

• 1 month later...

Archived