Home

New player with a couple of questions

Scars Unseen

OK, so I'm trying out the trial. I had an account pre-NGE, but not long enough to consider myself a veteran. I'm playing a commando on starsider with the intent to RP a mando. Anyway, enough intro, on with the questions.

1) What controllers do most of you use for space combat? I am currently using a 360 controller, but I've noticed a distinct lack of roll control and see no way to correct that. I have a Saitek X45 gathering dust that I could pull out. Perhaps that would fare better.

2) Are the low levels something to be grinded out of as soon as possible in this game, or is there actually something worth taking the time to enjoy? If it's the former, I'm not sure what the point of a trial is to begin with.

3) Is there any advantage to be had in going independent? I can see some obvious advantages in siding with the rebels or imperials(as well as oppurtunity for good RP PvP), but what if you would rather not side with either on a permanent basis?

Thanks in advance for help you can give me.

1) I honestly use a mouse and keyboard and do fine. The mouse allows much more exact aiming.

2) Legacy quest, follow it til the themepark quests and Kashyyyk, and do 9 quests from a mission terminal everyday. For the first 9 you get an xp bonus and pretty much you can level up 1 and 1/2 levels everyday just from those and it's nice credits.

3) It doesn't matter, but it's more fun rp/pvp with either Rebel or Imp imo.

1) I get the best out of a joystick. I have an old Microsoft sidewinder that works great and allows movement in all directions pretty smoothly.

2) I agree with Tomak. Definitely the best way to go but be sure and look around too. You get badges for visiting different locations that you know well from the movies. It's fun to see them in game.

3) The best part about being an independent is the master ship is a Millenium Falcon type. Make another character and play rebel or imperial to get the pvp experience too. You get two characters per server.

Best thing is to have fun and play the game however and whatever way you want to do. SWG allows for that type of freedom.

• 5 weeks later...

I am new here too and I figured it wouldn't be too smart to make a new topic so I hope you don't mind me adding some of my questions to yours.

First off I am curious about the 14-day free trial download: how many times can you redownload it?

Second: I also have a 14-day trial disc. If I use one or the other will it cancle out the other one?

Guest DarthMaulUK

You dont need to download the trial again, as you just need the trial key to play. However, this can form part of the entire download. :(

Once downloaded, you will need to create a new account each and every time. This means that you will need to start a new character.

Since you're on Starsider, if you need anything look me up (Arev Basten) or Rogue15 (Kioet').

To clarify a few things - No, it is generally not recommended that you go Undeclared because you'll be missing SOE's carrot for grinding Galactic Civil War (GCW) Points, which include buffs, armor, and weapons. However, if you're an RPer (like I am), then Neutral offers more RP potential, generally speaking. Datary is wrong, any Declared faction member can join either a Freelance pilot squadron or one of their faction's pilot squadrons. However, an Undeclared cannot join a Faction Squadron.

Archived