Home

Reasons why you play Kotor over and over again?

Knight Of Honor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have played this game 30 times through. So many different DS/LS/NPC permutations to go through! I've had this game since '04 and only recently realized how much banter there is between Bastila and Carth. Always something new to discover.

TSL bites the big one. This game is so much better. It satisfies all my kotor needs.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess that I just I have played it 20+ times because it is a fun game. You get a pretty good glimpse of what the Star Wars galaxy was like at that time. You learn a lot. It also has a pretty good storyline...

I don't think that I am addicted though. I haven't played KotOR in several months. I have had K1 & K2 for about 2 years...so ya...

I'm really not a Star Wars person. Yeah, I watch the movies. Sure, I've played a few of the more popular games (Battlefront, Lego, Unleashed, etc.), but the franchise has never really wrapped me in to the point of obsession. KotOR is different. I don't know if its the d20 system, which appeals to the PnP geek in me, or if it's just the fact that I love Jennifer Hale to death. The story is intriguing, the characters have depth, and the plot twists for both games were original and pleasing. It might have something to do with Bioware, too. Second only to Square, I adore most, if not all, of their games. They're the only reason why I'd ever give the new MMO a chance. Whatever the reason, I can't help but indulge my occasional desire to play these games, whether I play it until the end, or I just finish Peragus and Telos.

Unlike you Rev...I am addicted to kotor. The graphics...the storyline...the heroes and the villians..the romance...the redemptions...it all makes a beautiful game that is really hard to stop playing. i played it for two and a half days straight once.

addicted.jpg

Yes, my friend, you are. :nod:

• 2 months later...

Ok, the reason that I play it is because it is like you are actually in one of George Lucas' movies (though Lucas didn't write this story I don't think). That is what is fun. That and just the fact that it is Star Wars and you can be a Jedi, who by the way, is tempted

Ok, the reason that I play it is because it is like you are actually in one of George Lucas' movies (though Lucas didn't write this story I don't think).

Lucas didn't write the storyline of Kotor. One of the writers (I cannot remember his name at the moment) wrote the storyline

The entire look and feel of Kotor appeals to me the most. It actually does feel like a star wars movie. Down to the music and characters

• 3 weeks later...

I played kotor many a time, because of the sheer fun of it. And isn't drew karpyshyn the one who wrote a lot of the story? well he wrote darth bane: path of destruction and darth bane: rule of two. which are amazing novels and i have read them both as much as i have played kotor, if you haven't haerd of them. Look them up

I play Knights of the Old Republic over and over again first and foremost because it is fun.

I've played it good, evil, as I would make the choices (realistic!? ...if such a word has any meaning in a Star Wars game), as a man, a woman, a Zabrak (mods can be fun). I've tried to make friends with all the NPCs, to make enemies of all the NPCs, to recruit a large party, to kill off as many party members as I can...

...just play with it to see what it can do. And I must admit, I'm pretty impressed with it. I think Knights of the Old Republic is better than The Sith Lords because it can be played good or evil. Even when I play The Sith Lords as a good guy, it still "feels" dark somehow. I can't explain it any better than that; it's just a feeling.

• 1 month later...
I must admit I could have written a better script for Kotor, the only humor that was involved was with the droid.

I enjoyed the KotOR storyline perfectly well - that, alongside the customisation options, was one of the main reasons I kept going back to it.

And by 'the droid' I presume you mean HK?He's very amusing indeed, but I always thought Jolee was the best in that respect! Though, they all have nice comic moments...except T3 I suppose (in the first one).

As I hinted at there, one of the main reasons I still go back to KotOR is the customisation. When a new skin comes out, or a weapon, etc. I usually prefer to use it from the start of a new game or a very early save, to get some use out of it! Of course, the result is that I very rarely complete it, but that just ends the fun! :xp:

• 8 months later...

I've played KOTOR so many times... I don't even know how many anymore. The first time I ever played it, I was so completely blown away. I thought the graphics were gorgeous, the gameplay addictive and the characters endearing. There wasn't a single complaint I had about it at all... other than the fact that I couldn't have all of the "posse" with me at once and I had to choose who to come with me!

The first time I played as LS, then the second time as DS. Since then, I've fired it up on many occasions when there's been a new major mod that I really want to play, and sometimes just for laughs. Ages ago, I decided I was getting a bit old for gaming all the time and sold off/gave away most of my PC games. The only ones I couldn't bear to part with were KOTOR 1 & 2, and the King's Quest collection (on the possibly misguided principle that they'd be great fun/learning for my boys when they grew up).

I guess to make some mods one day. Have some minor little things right now--nothing special or noteworthy enough to release to public.

The games are also just too awesome. K1 is the hero story with a familiar vader esque character, while 2 is that great mystery.

K1: Just legendary. If a tad more scripted.

K2: Still testing things out to see what random loot I get.

Archived