Home

Reasons why you play Kotor over and over again?

Knight Of Honor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the original KotOR will always be the best, it was so different compared to other star wars games, more user friendly, i always suck at those real time combat (jedi knight series)

always play 3 times...

1st time, light side

2nd time, dark side

usually once male, once female

and the 3rd time, i will pay with a walkthrough.

then if i play again it will be for trying other stuff... like using blasters instead of lightsabers.

• 7 months later...

Initially Because It tied in with the Tales of The Jedi comics, which to me is the best of all Star Wars, the whole era to me, including pre- 5000 BBY, was just perfect, Its basically what kept me involved with Star Wars between trilogies... But now of course with the mods, the comics, and now "The Old Republic" (Although a lot of the Stylistic decisions, ie; Clothing and equipment ships etc in tOR are leaving behind what made that era cooler...) its its own Beast, so I need not concern myself with George Lucas and His Retcon and Cartoon Hijinx lol! but yea, It (KotOR I) felt like Star Wars did when I was a Kid... you know, not just "Well, I had to go back and explain how the Force worked, and edit in more aliens" its was Classic SW and Storytelling for a reason :)

I played kotor many a time, because of the sheer fun of it. And isn't drew karpyshyn the one who wrote a lot of the story? well he wrote darth bane: path of destruction and darth bane: rule of two. which are amazing novels and i have read them both as much as i have played kotor, if you haven't haerd of them. Look them up

Amazing page-turners indeed. I'm in the middle of Rule of Two, and look forward to read Dynasty of Evil when I'm finished. :D

Anyway, I loved KOTOR from the very night I tried it for the first time, to this date. The story, characters, dialogues and atmosphere make want to play this classic again and again. I also discover new things I overlooked on previous playthroughs. This will always be my favorite Star Wars game. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived