Home

What new lightsaber types should be in the game?

Darca Lar

What new lightsaber type should be included next?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What new lightsaber type should be included next?

• Lightsaber Whip
    • Ring saber
    • neither
    • both
    • other

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly is a ring saber?

Its a saber that has a blade thats in a circle, loop, round thing, ect...

EDIT: Continuing from my first post:

You should choose what kind of saber you want before you start. And, if you want a double blade (or any other saber that utilizes 1+ blades) you should choose if it will be one with 1 color, or one with 2 colors (1 end blue, 1 end red, ect...)

Who ever said it needed to be comfortable? :xp:

I mean, there's a lightwhip too. It can wrap around people, but it won't cut them into pieces. Maybe a lower power source or something (Lumiya). A ring saber (with perhaps some sort of gloves) could work under the same idea.

Myself though, I'm all for single saber. But with better design choices, like the flamish aura and the archaic sabers (the wire ones). We are after all talking about a Kotor era. There must be some antique old lightsaber loot somewhere :)

You should choose what kind of saber you want before you start. And, if you want a double blade (or any other saber that utilizes 1+ blades) you should choose if it will be one with 1 color, or one with 2 colors (1 end blue, 1 end red, ect...)

The infamous rainbow saber, purely aesthetical and pointless...

The infamous rainbow saber, purely aesthetical and pointless...

I agree with you, but people still won't realise it, unfortunately.

QFE

The ring saber is on bloody spaceballs lol. Use the Schwartz!

Yes, the schwartz is in you, as we all no everything in Spaceballs shall immediatly be incorporated into every good starwars game yes?

I kinda liked Githany's lightwhip in Path Of Destruction (It's not meant to be as good as a saber, but it's meant to confuse those who don't know the style), though of the basic three the single-saber style is probably my favourite for the aesthetics that go with wielding it.

Well, until they invent a lightrapier and I can go Inigo Montoya on everyone's asses.

You can do that with an ordinary saber - look at Dooku!

He can wield an ordinary saber with extreme skill - a master fencer!

It's just not the same without a lightrapier! The blade must be thinner, for stabbing over slashing.

(Well, it's that or they implement saber styles with differing animations. There must be a super-duper-awesome fencing style out there somewhere.)

(Well, it's that or they implement saber styles with differing animations.[/Quote]

Definately agree with that - that's the problem with TSL- you can use a new style, you just can't see it.

There must be a super-duper-awesome fencing style out there somewhere.)

There's Makashi, the style that Dooku uses, which is built solely for lightsaber fencing and combat.

It's just not the same without a lightrapier! The blade must be thinner, for stabbing over slashing.

(Well, it's that or they implement saber styles with differing animations. There must be a super-duper-awesome fencing style out there somewhere.)

You're forgetting the physics, rapiers are made like that to lessen the counter-weight since its metal and make the strike faster. With a lightsaber you have no counter-weight so there isn't much of a point other than the look.

Archived