Home

What new lightsaber types should be in the game?

Darca Lar

What new lightsaber type should be included next?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What new lightsaber type should be included next?

• Lightsaber Whip
    • Ring saber
    • neither
    • both
    • other

I could see a lightspear/pike/lance, a long stave 4-10 ft. with a 1-2 ft. saber blade at the end, having practical use as a battlefield weapon for footsoldiers.

Sabers that came out of bracers on one's forearms, like Protoss energy blades, and used with punches, swings, and swipes of the the entire arm would make some sense as weapons.

I'm quite content with what we have though--with the exception that I'd like to see a few unique sabers dropped by "bosses" or as special treasure. A "longsaber" dropped by a larger opponent like a Malak or Nihilus that provided an innate additional strength bonus to one's attacks, a larger critical chance/damage, and/or a chance to knockback at the cost of only being able to mono-wield it would be a nice changeup.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Lightwhip, I've seen enough of it in action (Jedi vs Sith, Lumiya, Legacy, etc) to know it has some degree of potential. If the ring saber is anything like Tira's blade from SCIII then I'd imagine you'd need special acrobatic training to the extent of being Darth Maul incarnate just to avoid cauterizing yourself.

Sharrak, please, do not use a word unless you know what it means. Cauterization is burning a part of a body to remove it or seal it, typically referring to burning a wound to stop bleeding. The word you're looking for is 'cutting'.

Anyway, you'd need special training with a lightwhip, too. Try using a real whip without touching yourself with it ever. You'll have a bloody hard time.

At any rate, Lightwhips are a pretty horrifyingly stupid idea, it's just asking for you to accidentally kill yourself.

A lightsabe whip is THE lamest idea ever no offense it like saying light can move like a snake. Same with something like a Saber AXE or Saber Hammer I dont think its possible to manipulate the energy that way. Maybe that type of saber that is similar to the energy sword seen in Halo 1,2,3 There have been many mods on it. Or maybe a Saber disk just a disk that admits the energy around it so it can be used like frisby or what the Predator uses in Predator 1, 2 AvP 1, 2 Predator, AvP comics etc.

See now I think if we can send a strong laser through a dylithium crystal, then we could get a finite beam that would end at a predictable point. Unfortunetly we don't have access to dylithium crystals yet.

Dilithium Crystals?

I thought those were for Warp Speed :xp:

Put me down for an emphatic "neither".

And I'll now post my obligatory "GIMIC!"

QFT. I really don't see the applicable use (other than self mutilation) for all of these new "shiny bits" ideas of lightsaber weaponry. I mean.. Light-whip or *groan* light-nunchuks.. yeah... gimic. The "tonfas" in TFU are bad enough without adding to the insult :xp:

Sharrak, please, do not use a word unless you know what it means. Cauterization is burning a part of a body to remove it or seal it, typically referring to burning a wound to stop bleeding. The word you're looking for is 'cutting'.

Anyway, you'd need special training with a lightwhip, too. Try using a real whip without touching yourself with it ever. You'll have a bloody hard time.

At any rate, Lightwhips are a pretty horrifyingly stupid idea, it's just asking for you to accidentally kill yourself.

If a lightsaber (or in this instance a light-ring) were to cut through the wielder it would cauterize the gash, as lightsabers have done before: Sion Vs Kreia, Dooku vs Anakin, Vader vs Luke (Cloud City) so thus the wielder would 'cauterize himself'. The "where" is a different story entirely, being dependent on what part of the body the slash hit.

I like the tonfa sabers. I think they look really, really cool in a clip I saw where Maris Brood was about to kick the rear of a certain Secret Apprentice...

Lightwhips are stretching it a bit, but I wouldn't mind having them. It would take a WHOLE lot of concentration and skill to keep from hitting yourself, but it would look cool if someone who actually knew how to use them was coming at you. Wait, let me think about that...

Well, anyway, enough of that gruesome train of thought :eyepop:yelhelp:. When I picture a lightwhip in use, I think about that guy in Underworld...whatever his name was...Soren? Well, we all know how well that turned out...but add the Force and you got it! ;)

I'd like to have the option of tonfas and saberstaffs. Another little item I think would be really awesome is saber gauntlets, kinda like Batman or the Green Goblin (Junior). Three or four really short blades on each arm, maybe staggered for additional damage. Or perhaps Wolverine-type "lightknuckles?"

Lightwhips sound really cool, but I'm kinda wondering just how far you can take Star Wars physics. (Though when a solar sail can take you halfway across the Galaxy and a laser stops at a defined distance, I'm ready to believe anything.):lol:

Ringsabers sound a little far-fetched, but not that bad. Maybe a really hard boss can fight with them. I see them being really hard to block , especially when thrown.

Andurilblade, you watch too many 'supermen' movies. :lol: As far as the ring sabers go, it would be really hard to dodge them, more so than normal lightsabers. However, I think that throwing would be their only real use, and it would be impractical to carry around a saber just for throwing when you can carry a saber for melee fighting, IMO. :)

X-Men, actually. :) Sorry, it was late and I had just watched X-Men. The lightknuckles idea was the product of a mind of already-questionable stability pumped up on too much coffee and too little sleep. :coffee:

Though I still think the gauntlets idea isn't that bad. Batman used them and they didn't seem to cramp his style any. :bat1:

Sharrak, you do not 'cauterize' yourself. You cut yourself, and then the lightsaber cauterizes the wound. You're writing like Paolini.

Sorry, that was a little harsh.

At any rate, at least Lightknuckles you wouldn't be in as much danger from your own weapon, it at least makes logical sense. I think it'd be a bad idea, but then, I'd be perfectly happy if they removed Double-Bladed. I certainly don't want to see any more stupid Lightsaber types added, next thing you know they'll make a Chainlightsaber or a gun that shoots lightsabers.

I'd be perfectly happy if they removed Double-Bladed. I certainly don't want to see any more stupid Lightsaber types added, next thing you know they'll make a Chainlightsaber or a gun that shoots lightsabers.

Remove double-bladed? There the only saber's I use, if they remove it I won't play it :carms:

What's wrong with a lightsaber-shooting gun? They should make a lightcar, a car, that's made out of lightsabers! :xp:

Archived