Home

The Dark Side leads to Hair Loss....

Maphisto86

:xp: This is kind of a joke topic actually but it really struck me a few weeks ago that many Dark Jedi and especially Sith characters seem to either shave their heads or lack hair on their heads.

I could make a list but here are a few that instantly come to mind: Darth Vader (post Mustafar), Darth Bandon, Darth Malak, Darth Bane, Asajj Ventress (the only woman I could think of) Jorak Uln, Uthar Wynn, Darth Sion and Jerec. Just to name a few.

Of course many Jedi also are bald such as Mace Windu, Jolee Bindo and Yoda but they are either old or in the case of Windu choose to shave their head. Yet more Jedi characters have head hair then Sith or other darksiders. Is it a big coincidence or are the people over at Lucasfilm, Lucas Arts, Dark Horse, Wizards of the Coast, etc implying that bald = evil? ;)

What are your thoughts fellow fans?

Well, some shaved heads can be easily explained. Vader has no hair after the Mustafar duel, he barely has his head. Similar thing can be said of Sion, which also has such a splintered body that I doubt he has hair on any place. Malak and Uthar probably did so to decorate their heads with tatoos. Bandon probably was the next on line.

Jerec and Jorak weren't completely bald, seeming something that derived from their advanced age, and the Rattataki, Ventress species', are naturally bald.Bane, though, seems legitimately bald without excuses.

Sideous / Emporer Palaptine had hair.. at least until his fight against Windu... who had no hair.. wait a minute...

Baldness is contagious in the Star Wars. :p

Anyways, I think that most baldness in the Dark Side characters is because when you get submersed in the Dark Side, you start to look older, and your body changes... your body starts to lose its hair...

Meh.

Well I knew Vader was understandable and Darth Maul's sub-species do not have hair. I find it strange though to look at a picture of Darth Malak, Darth Sion and Darth Bane at the same time and see the striking similarity in appearance between the three. Though, as was already said, bald = awesome... I guess. :D:lol:

o rly? How come Dooku still had hair? I might also mention that Dooku did not have the 'physical' deformities you're claiming.[/Quote]

That's because of Christopher Lee's pure awesomeness. He doesn't need make-up, and it's been against international law to shave his head since 1957. :lol:

That, and he'll drink your blood if you even try.

Actually from what I have read some Zabraks have hair. It's just that the majority apparently has horns. Though I could be wrong

Female Zabraks have hair, or at least they do in Jedi Academy.

look at a picture of Darth Malak, Darth Sion and Darth Bane at the same time and see the striking similarity in appearance between the three.

As I said, Malak is a tribal tatoos fan and he needed somewhere to put his. Sion got so much of a splintered body that I doubt hair grows anywhere on him.

Archived