Home

Inverted Saber Mod

Well, I started this back in 2006, I stopped development on it due to aggravation of my (at the time) lack of modelling knowledge.

The mod is now complete and overwrites the short lightsabers. Remember to read the readme, especially the bug section.

Readme:

Name: [TSL] Inverted Saber Mod

Author: Master Zionosis

Date: 31/08/08

E-Mail: See Readme

Contents:

1 Description

2 Installation

3 Uninstallation

4 Future Releases

5 Bugs

6 Acknowledgements

7 Permissions

8 Website

9 Disclaimer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Description

---------------

This mod will change all Short Lightsabers to inverted sabers (like Adi Galia's from Jedi Power Battles, or more recently the Secret Apprentice)

2 Installation

-----------------

Simply run the TSL Patcher to install the mod.

3 Uninstallation

-----------------

Just remove all the files from the relevent folder in your TSL directory.

4 Future Releases

--------------------

No future releases currenty planned.

5 Bugs

------

There is slight clipping with some party members hands, this is uncorrectable due to the short saber's hilt thickness, the hilts fit properly in the Exile's hands and Visas's hands. the hilts don't properly fit in the Handmaiden's hands, nor Kreia's. I couldn't check other party members as I didn't have a save game with them being Jedi.

6 Acknowledgements

------------------

A boatload of thanks to Fred Tetra for creating the awesome and simple to use kotor editing tool.

And a very appreciative thanks to the many friendly and informative people at the Lucasforums Holowan Laboratories board who have shown and or helped me to learn how to do stuff like this.

And to Inyri, for her helpful modeling advice.

7 Permissions

-------------------

This mod may only be used/modified with my consent.

8 Website

-------------------

Visit my website to see what other mods I have created and what I will be doing in the future.

http://masterzionosiskotorsite.com

9 Disclaimer

-------------------

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES.

USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Download:

Here

KotOR Files link will be available soon.

Screenshots:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
pic1.bmp

Show spoiler
pic2.bmp

Show spoiler
pic3.bmp

Show spoiler
pic4.bmp

Show spoiler
sabers.bmp

~MZ

I agree with DI. The lightsaber in the off-hand seems to be placed a little more awkward, though. It's like his hand isn't griping it at all. Maybe a little revision is needed there.

Anyway, great idea, I personally like that "Secret Apprentice" style of holding a lightsaber, so maybe I'll give it a shot. :)

I had to sacrifice hilt placement accuracy for realism, it sounds awkward... If it were placed directly in the hand you'd end up chopping both your arms of, as it is, you only scrape the skin :p.

Plus, I had a little trouble getting the hilt in place anyway, first couple of goes, the hilt was 3 yards in front of the exile lol.

Thanks for the comments guys.

• 5 months later...

Archived