Home

Storm Commando vs. Republic Commando

Jurrassco

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...couldn't some of the storm commandos also have been clone commandos??

Anyway I think clone commandos form the (close to end) part of the clone wars due to having so much experience. The only way that storm commandos could have any chance would be if they were part of the 501st or had been in a lot of tough situations (like fighting a rouge elite squad of jedi). Otherwise the clone commandos would probably win.

actually omega and delta arent reallt elite or anything they just are the ones meantiontioned in the books/game but i agree clone commandos would win they also have another advantage some of them are pod brothers meaning that they were raised together trained together life together and ie together so that helps

Firstly, what's the point of the question when everyone always agrees with each other?

Now, let's look at the options:

Republic Commandos:

Trained to an extensive degree in small unit tactics, stealth operations and special operations.

Equipment: 'Katarn' Armour with concealable blade. Modular DC-17 rifle, varying array of grenades.

Storm Commandos

Trained to an extensive degree in small unit tactics, stealth operations and special operations.

Equipment: Reflec-coated stealth armour with sound dampening field, E-11 blaster rifles, Thermal detonators (including a concealed, anti-capture or last resort device).

What can we get from that? That both groups are pretty much the same - they are both well-trained, hardened battle-forces.

So who would win? I don't know, but the Storm Commandos would have a definate advantage due to their armour, which acts in a similar fashion to a cloaking device.

Firstly, what's the point of the question when everyone always agrees with each other?

because we like to dicuss our opinions on the topic

Now, let's look at the options:

Republic Commandos:

Equipment: 'Katarn' Armour with concealable blade. Modular DC-17 rifle, varying array of grenades.

actually in True Colors Atin and Ad'en use the sound dampering cloaked armor at the end of the book also, Republic Commamdos are trained to also used whatever they can find if need be

Storm Commandos

Equipment: Reflec-coated stealth armour with sound dampening field, E-11 blaster rifles, Thermal detonators (including a concealed, anti-capture or last resort device).

What can we get from that? That both groups are pretty much the same - they are both well-trained, hardened battle-forces.

So who would win? I don't know, but the Storm Commandos would have a definate advantage due to their armour, which acts in a similar fashion to a cloaking device.

also RC's had a sense of family and brothership between them they also had Kal'buir, Walon Vau, Tur Mukan Etain, and Bardan Jusik.

actually in True Colors Atin and Ad'en use the sound dampering cloaked armor at the end of the book also, Republic Commamdos are trained to also used whatever they can find if need be[/Quote]

Ah, but that technology would be several years out of date compared to the Storm Commando equipment.

also RC's had a sense of family and brothership between them they also had Kal'buir, Walon Vau, Tur Mukan Etain, and Bardan Jusik.

And that is the same for any soldiers who fight together - a sense of brotherhood and cameraderie develops between any soldiers.

So what about those people? the Storm Commandos had Crix Madine. But those names are all irrelevant considering this is a fight between basic squads.

Or are you that desperate to prove that RCs are superior?

no im not desprete but what i meant is that most squads were pod brothers literal brothers born and raised togther.

They're clones. Any notion of family instilled on them was likely genetically engineered into them by the Kaminoans - they do admit to tampering with genetic structures, so it's likely the same thing.

because we like to dicuss our opinions on the topic

actually in True Colors Atin and Ad'en use the sound dampering cloaked armor at the end of the book also, Republic Commamdos are trained to also used whatever they can find if need be

it would be interesting to see what happens to bard'ika and etain once order 66 happens. i dont think omega would turn against them, but im not so sure about delta.

it would be interesting to see what happens to bard'ika and etain once order 66 happens. i dont think omega would turn against them, but im not so sure about delta.

Traviss has already confirmed Jusik survives. He moves to Mandalore and lives with an infant who he trains in the ways of the force. Together they become Mandalorian Mercenaries.

Jaina Solo meets him in the penultimate book in the Legacy of the Force series.

God forbid she kills off her characters. :carms:

They're clones. Any notion of family instilled on them was likely genetically engineered into them by the Kaminoans

actually the sense of family wasnt engineered, they had Kal'buir(Papa Kal in Mando'a) and he taught them about Mando culture and family/clanship,but i dont know where delta got there clanship because Vau brutally beat them into hardened soldiers

they do admit to tampering with genetic structures, so it's likely the same thing.

yes they did mess with the genes but that was just the "working well with others" gene Jango was more of a "lone wolf" type of guy so they fixed that

Well, everyone seems to agree that RC's would win - personaly I think they'd be equally matched, but Storm Commandos, after reading Astor's equipment list, I think SCs would have a tactical advantage - they wouldn't give a flying thermal detanator about their 'brothers'. RCs care about their brothers, as highlighted in the game, whereas Stormies would probably leave their comrades to die, unless there was a tactical or physical inconveiniance, such as being outnumbered, outgunned or outmaneuvored. Storm Commandos and Storm Troopers, come to that, (in battle, anyway) seem to fight alone, not in squads or groups, mainly squashing Rebel Scum with their E-11's alone. Republic Commandos are less effective alone ;). oh, and does anyone have a picture of a Storm Commando? Google didn;t give much, just pictures of Dark Troopers. Weird.

Archived