Home

TSL - Dustil Onasi

MajinMikeyX

Anyone else here wish Dustil made his way into the final version of TSL? What I read about his role in it wasn't big, but it was really interesting and just...too bad they didn't even make the voiceovers for him for TSL so the TSLRP could restore that. But look at one of the corpses in the Tomb inside the Shyrack Caves, and you'll see a resemblance to Dustil in one of them

Dustil is Atton Rand. Anyone who's played the game would know that. Sure, his backstory is different, but who's mouth does it come from? That's right, it’s Atton's. This explains quite a few things, namely; why the Twi'leks say he isn't Atton at all, why Dustil was "cut" from TSL, and why his backstory sounds like a half-truth of when Revan saves Dustil.** ;)

Dustil is Atton Rand. Anyone who's played the game would know that. Sure, his backstory is different, but who's mouth does it come from? That's right, it’s Atton's. This explains quite a few things, namely; why the Twi'leks say he isn't Atton at all, why Dustil was "cut" from TSL, and why his backstory sounds like a half-truth of when Revan saves Dustil.** ;)

** Sorry if this sounds rude or mean-spirited, it really wasn't supposed to.

How have you come to such a conclusion? I certainly don't remember Atton ever saying he was Dustil - it's impossible for him to be Dustil - Dustil would have only been a young boy during the Mandalorian wars that Atton fought in.

** Sorry if this sounds rude or mean-spirited, it really wasn't supposed to.

Eh?

They're completely different people...

Atton is way older...he has fought in the Jedi Civil War. When Dustil disappeared as a kid, remember? So unless Atton was a Sith murdere at the age of 9, I don't think so.

Anyways, the body in the 'hallucination caverns' on Korriban was supposed to be Dustil. They removed it and replaced it with a standard corpse. So, draw your conclusions...I think Dustil will appear in the next Kotor... :)

wth, Atton sure as hell is NOT Dustil

Seconded.

Anyways, the body in the 'hallucination caverns' on Korriban was supposed to be Dustil.

Actually, it's still Dustil. The sideburns give it away (it's always the burns). But they changed the name to "Jedi Corpse" and put a datapad saying that his name is Nebelish (or something), so it must be Dustil's long lost twin brother. Or a clone. Or maybe Carth cheated on his wife with her twin sister.

As for Dustil's original appearance in the game (as a crazed Jedi ranting about visions), I've always had this theory that he was actually just a vision himself, but it's just a theory.

I certainly don't remember Atton ever saying he was Dustil - it's impossible for him to be Dustil - Dustil would have only been a young boy during the Mandalorian wars that Atton fought in.

I certainly don't remember Kreia saying she was Kae.

Atton is way older...he has fought in the Jedi Civil War.

He's the one who tells you he fought in the war, right? ;) The Twi'leks tell you this: "That one came to the smuggler's moon years into the Jedi Civil War, claimed he had been displaced by the war." The Jedi Civil War ends at the end of K1.

It's not just unlikely. They look nothing alike. They sound nothing alike. They have completely different personalities. And even if you buy into the "he lied about the war" theory (and there's no reason to), Atton is still too old. According to Mr Avellone Atton is between 29 and 32 years old; Dustil is at most 25 (around the time of K1), probably younger.

Dustil is at most 25 (around the time of K1), probably younger.

I'd lean towards him being between 18 and 20. The character model looks pretty young, and he sounds pretty young, too.

Plus, I don't think that Carth is much older than about 40.

I'd lean towards him being between 18 and 20. The character model looks pretty young, and he sounds pretty young, too.

I mean around the time of K2. ;) So that would make him at most 20 during K1. And he really could be as young as 16, which means Atton is anywhere between 4 and 11 years older than Dustil.

Oh, and Atton can't be Dustil, because he's clearly just Atris in disguise. :p

I mean around the time of K2. ;) So that would make him at most 20 during K1. And he could be as young as 16.[/Quote]

Well, in K1 Carth does say 'he's probably a man by now' which would indicate he's only recently come of age around that time.

Plus, I think the 'Atton is Dutil' theory is plain silly. There's not even a shred of evidence for it (unlike the Kreia as Kae theory).

Oh, and Atton can't be Dustil, because he's clearly just Atris in disguise. :p

:rofl:

Oh, and Atton can't be Dustil, because he's clearly just Atris in disguise.

No, no, you see Kreia who is Kae, has also disguised herself as Atris. Atris/Kreia disguised herself as Handmaiden and Carth disguised himself as Dustil and then Atton. :p

It's not just unlikely. They look nothing alike. They sound nothing alike. They have completely different personalities.

Just in case you couldn't tell, I don't believe a word I'm saying. :xp:

You don't need to wait for the TSLRP, though. There's already a mod that restores him on the game.

Yes, and the voice-over is terrible (no offense to whoever did it) and I have been asking for over a year now as to what files I'll need to delete in order to remove that portion of restored content from my game, but no one has ever gotten back to me on it.

As for me, I don't think what they had planned for Dustil was a good idea at all. He was redeemed to the light side in the canonical path from the first game and had a happy ending. I thought that what they planned to do with him in the sequel was, cheap, defeatist and stupid. I'm glad they took it out.

I do, however, like the idea that Dustil became a Jedi afterward. I consider that much to have really happened.

I follow Wookieepedia's line of thought in assuming that the player made all light side choices whenever possible. Plus the fact that he's a Jedi and all assumes that he did not stay with the Sith but converted to the light side.

But my point stands whether this side quest was completed or not. It's a very cheap and cruel thing to do to such a character. And I don't even mean in-universe cruel, I mean cruel from a literary aspect. It's poor writing and it was scrapped for the better, in my opinion.

As for me, I don't think what they had planned for Dustil was a good idea at all. He was redeemed to the light side in the canonical path from the first game and had a happy ending. I thought that what they planned to do with him in the sequel was, cheap, defeatist and stupid. I'm glad they took it out.

I liked the idea of seeing Dustil lose his mind and eventually get killed by the player (so much that I wrote a fan fic that included that part of the game). Maybe I liked it because because how malevolent the whole situation is works with the rest of the game. On the other hand, it's probably because any storyline that involves Carth or another member of his family feeling pain is a good storyline in my book. I prefer to go with both.

I do, however, like the idea that Dustil became a Jedi afterward. I consider that much to have really happened.

Oh, that's original.

• 2 weeks later...

omg, these things with Dustil and Atton being Atris in disguise is just... people must be on an acidtrip to think those things... but I think it could've been good in the game, maybe tweaked a little bit. Since KotOR 2 has such a dark feel to it, I think The Dustil stuff would've fit in nicely.

Archived