Home

Google Chrome - Your Thoughts?

BongoBob

I just downloaded it and installed it and I feel like I did the first time I got in my sister's Volkswagen Beetle -- it's like a spaceship in here! So much space... >.>

But it seems to have all the features I liked about FireFox but they don't take up as much space. And already this browser seems much quicker. I'll give it a try for a week or so before I decide whether to make the switch.

Have you tried dragging tabs on and off the window? Pretty sweet. I like the way status bar (tab) fades in and fades out when you hover over a link. And typing words in the "omnibox" does a search -- no extra search box necessary. Still need to find a nice DOM Inspector for this (I'm sure there's a plug in out there or will be soon) but the Javascript console looks helpful.

Oh and the Ctrl+F find feature is aesthetically pleasing with its count of instances in the upper right of the screen and easy to read highlighting. :)

Edit: I was looking around Task Manager at all the Chrome.exe processes running and thought I'd kill one. It must have been the main process manager because Chrome completely closed down. I tried again, this time opening several tabs. Upon killing one of processes, I saw one of my chrome tabs dip down and pop back up with the sad tab face.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6163/60601723xy8.gif

In uploading the above image to imageshack I saw there was some rendering issues where the Upload button wasn't placed nicely next to the textbox. (sigh for web devs)

Looks really slick, and seems user friendly.

Then I found no way of bookmarking RSS feeds.

So Chrome for me is on wait until they implent that, and give me something to block ads with, I'm sticking with firefox. :p

Well yeah, give it some time, wait for plugins to come out. Adblock Downthemall etc weren't out day one with firefox ;)

I'm waiting for a mouse-gestures plugin at the very least.

Google Chrome IS lightning fast. I was comparing times of loading different web pages between Chrome and Firefox and it won every time... I'm impressed.

I do look forward to updates in the future, however.

Such as mouse gestures, skin customization, adblock, the works.

Google Chrome IS lightning fast. I was comparing times of loading different web pages between Chrome and Firefox and it won every time... I'm impressed.

I do look forward to updates in the future, however.

Such as mouse gestures, skin customization, adblock, the works.

QFT.

I probably won't be replacing Chrome with Firefox though.

I linked that in my original post :)

Also why are you not on AIM Wally D:

Because it was 6:11 in the morning, silly :xp:

Also, I'm currently in Chrome and LucasForums just loaded faster for me than ever before. That was ridiculous.

However, once Ubiquity becomes updated on Firefox I may find myself having to switch back.

EDIT: Also, the inability to re-open recently closed tabs is a bit of a letdown, but I'm sure it will be added in the future.

EDIT: Also, the inability to re-open recently closed tabs is a bit of a letdown, but I'm sure it will be added in the future.

You can reopen closed tabs, just press Ctrl + Shift + T and voila :)

EDIT: I just realized if you open a blank tab, it has a recently closed tabs list on the right side.

Archived