Home

What is the best story in your opinion?

Agent_Katarn00

Hi,I have played all of the jk games exept dark forces but i know the whole story.

I just wanted to know in your opinion what is your favorite jedi knight game story?I personally love df2,you can notice it that i'm making the mod for it:lol:

But i want to know your opinion on which jedi knight series game story you likes the most.

Dark Forces II rises over all the rest when it comes to the story, no doubt about it. Then coming behind is Jedi Outcast, Dark Forces, Mysteries of the Sith, and coming in dead last (because the story really sucked) is Jedi Academy.

I agree Dark Forces II ultimately owns compared to all of those stories.

Everything about it pwns.

The chararacters,story,gameplay,weapons,etc...

Dark Forces II is the god of all those games :punch1

i agree,dark forces2 was just amazing,the story had that epic feel,and that whole 7 dark jedi hunt,and the way you could go either dark or light and the great endings.simply epic!

i have been back playing the game in enhanced mode and it still holds up,next for me,on the list of favs is outcast and then the original darkforces then mots,and then academy.

i seem to remember ak piggot doing these series of levels for mots titled birth of a mercenary which were so good.they were about kyle before jedi knightand before dark forces itself .

• 1 month later...

I liked most of JK except the part where Kyle finds the saber. " I got a lightsaber, I guess I'll be a Jedi." Not so great. And I don't mean to say that he lacked metichlorian or whatever, just that it seemed like a spur of the moment thing with huge responsibilities.

The fact that Kyle gave up powers in JO was kinda whiney IMO. But I understand the reasoning for the game so I don't hold that against Kyle.

MotS was pretty good with no plot holes or anything that was unbeliveable story wise.

Never played DF but know about the story and it sounds just fine.

JA was like a TV series, one mission didn't affect another, but with a larger plot to link things together. An interesting formula and I think they pulled it off nicely. JA still had the weakest story however, but the developers where trying to find a way to give the player a believeable reason to fight so many saber users. I think JA is given a bad rap because of this, but I would take a story like JA again if I could get some more lightsaber fights.

How many SP level mods have a Jedi character fighting some sith pair for a reason? Quite a few. But these are okay since they are free and made by a fellow gamer. Kind of a double standard.

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast definitely had the best story, best characters, best character development and best character interaction. The story didn't strive to be anything uber monumental and therefore end up being a little over-the-top, like the first Jedi Knight game (which I still love and is dear to my heart), but focused solely on characters which, in my opinion, is the best type of story.

In terms of story, here is my ranking:

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Dark Forces

Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

If we were going by gameplay, Jedi Academy would be on top. ;)

I agree with Zerimar Nyliram that JO was the best. It all just made sense and everything just felt right about it. DF was great in the fact that it was running and gunning against the empire. That just rocked me to the core! JK was great too and I love the volume that it has. The worlds are hugh and it makes you believe they are worlds that your in. Same with MOTS. Ultimately IMO it would be as follows

Jedi Outcast

Jedi Knight

Mysteries of the Sith

Jedi Academy

I feel that DF should be set in its own catagory, granted its Kyle's story but in the end it is a different type of game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight was the first computer game I ever played and it blew me away. Great cutscenes and levels in the beginning, something I thought both JK2 and JK3 lacked. The sound effects and music gave the game a great atmosphere and it felt very much like an interactive Star Wars movie. Jerec is a great and mysterious villain. The plot is epic and contains some good one-liners. Therefore it is no surprise that I think that DF2 has the best story. It gets the gold medal.

I haven't played DF (but I have the DF mod) and from what I know of it's story it sounds pretty cool. Also the one-man-against-an-Empire feels epic, although that theme has been done before (like in every American action movie there is a generic dark voice that says: "One man shall fight for his freedom/country/whatever against overwhelming odds"). It gets the silver medal.

Jedi Outcast doesn't have a great story, the gameplay is much better than the story (gotta love the fights with the reborns and using the g_saberrealisticcombat 1 cheat to chop stormtrooper's heads off). Desann is a pretty good villain and the story has its moments. It gets the bronze medal.

Jedi Academy felt like an expansion the first times I played through it (you know, more of the same, but lacking in what made the original great). The same goes for the story. With fifteen hundred mods though, it's as good or in some ways even better than JK 2:s gameplay. It never had any chance to get a medal.

In terms of story, here is my ranking:

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Dark Forces

Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

If we were going by gameplay, Jedi Academy would be on top. ;)

I agree, wholly. =\

• 5 months later...

Archived