Home

What is your name in Kotor/TSL?

veridianblade

Always, my characters' names are:

KOTOR: Geonus (Kaikun), male.

TSL: Sareth (Dorn), female.

I only enter first names for conversational purposes (hearing non-Basic-speaking aliens continuously refer to your character by their full name gets very annoying), but I give them honorary last names in my head. The first is a corruption of the Hellenized version of my name in Hebrew -- John is Jonah in Hebrew, Jonah is Jonas in the Septuagint, Geonus is a Star Wars-esque re-imagining Jonas, with a completely random last name -- And the second was originally to be Bastila Shan's name.

Also, Geonus is always "Mullet Man" reskinned with a beard. I haven't settled on any one face for Sareth yet.

KOTOR:

LS Female (pretty much my only way of playing): Kairi Niko. My niece requested the name "Kairi" from something she was reading. Niko is the name of a Jedi-like character in the animated series Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers. In-universe explanation is that Bastila named her after her paternal grandmother, Kairiana Nikovan-Shan.

DS Male (for mod testing purposes): Joran Avon. "Joran" after the insane Dax host, and "Avon" after the sociopathic Kerr Avon.

KOTOR 2:

DSM (pretty much play that exclusively): Cian Li-Bek. "Cian" was an Irish hero, and "Li-Bek" actually was actually named for Liam Beckett (aka "Liam Kincaid") of Earth: Final Conflict.

LSF: Danni Jace. Obtained by Random name generator, and keep it because I liked it.

Yea, I'm terrible at thinking of names and it's usually the hardest part of character creation for me. So on my last playthrough I used a star wars name generator and came up with Antares Sundown.

In the past I've also just used simple first names like Jake or something, though. It does get a little awkward "hearing" aliens refer to you with your full name constantly...

I almost always play as DS in each game:

KotOR - DSM/LSM Nomis Neraw. I took a cue from 'Cin Drallig'...I later change to Darth Revan. (The wonders of KSE!)

TSL - DSM - Lord Vindikaar - lord of vengeance (from Latin vindicare)

LSM - Nomis Neraw

KotOR 1

LS Male: Tyron Ordan

DS Male: Jeheth Etthun

LS Female: Jana Tarelle/Osay Thalina

DS Female: Mara Shien

LS Male: Heron Talle

DS Male: Dunno, haven't played it yet. I'll edit this once I get the name.

LS Female: Halya Makashi/Hallin Daar

DS Female: Naresh Divinia

Okay, okay, so Makashi and Shien are lightsaber forms...

K1

Female: Cassie Novak (I thought it was a clever and original pun until I realised there was a character in one of the Law And Orders called "Casey Novak". Damn you Dick Wolf!)

Male: Heron Khaan (The extra "a" makes it cooler *Nod*)

TSL

Female: Lenara Virago (Or Lena Karat/Len Karath (Shameless surname stealing ho!) depending on how I feel like twisting her name)

Male: Nicholas Macen (Plucked from the name generator, I couldn't be bothered giving him an original name)

It's funny you should mention that. The last time I played the first game I used the Save Game Editor to edit my save right after turning to the dark side atop the Rakatan temple, changing my character's name from Geonus Kaikun to Darth Revan. It felt very fitting with him embracing his identity as the Dark Lord once again.

In fact, I think that's what I'm going to do every time I play from now on. (It's my custom to always play through both of these games twice: first on the dark side and then the canonical light side. I have a thing about saving the "true" ending for last.)

Archived