Home

camera angle

ngekky

I would think that a camera lock on mechanism so that you are always facing your opponent during combat, especially during duels would be a good idea. Then it'll be much easier to play for newbies, and it will free the mouse from pointing functions, which then can be used for other things, such as pinpointing the exact location/direction to strike. There should be an option for advanced users to turn it off at times though.

I would think that a camera lock on mechanism so that you are always facing your opponent during combat, especially during duels would be a good idea. Then it'll be much easier to play for newbies, and it will free the mouse from pointing functions, which then can be used for other things, such as pinpointing the exact location/direction to strike. There should be an option for advanced users to turn it off at times though.

Especially for duels? no, it would prevent you from doing specific dodge moves efficiently.

As for the other game modes.

LOCKED ON.. ATTAACK!!

*Random guy jumps in swinging*

****, RE-LOCK, RELOCK!!!

*You die*

If you make it so they keep targeting the last agresssor.

LOCKED ON.. ATTAAACK!!

*Guy1 almost dead*

*Guy2 does a quick swing*

****, RELOCK ON GUY 1, RELOCK!!!

*You die*

If you decide that you can switch targets with buttons.

ARRGH QUIRKY BINDS, **** WRONG KEY

*You die*

+ It might make it worse for newbies, they can't see what's around them.

ummm, it would be possible to make it an option, bind it to a key. My point is that, by freeing the mouse from pointing functions, its incredible precision can be used for a lot of other exciting possibilities, for example instead of attacking forward/left right, you can manipulate the exact angle to strike. Let's say you can drag the mouse from the upper left corner to the lower right corner then it will perform a diagonal strike, up-down would perform a vertical strike, and anything in between.

-0mega-;2522107']Especially for duels? no, it would prevent you from doing specific dodge moves efficiently.

I don't understand, won't it be better? You would be able to dodge left/right/back even easier b'cos the movements are now always relative to your opponent.

As for the other game modes.

LOCKED ON.. ATTAACK!!

*Random guy jumps in swinging*

****, RE-LOCK, RELOCK!!!

*You die*

If you make it so they keep targeting the last agresssor.

LOCKED ON.. ATTAAACK!!

*Guy1 almost dead*

*Guy2 does a quick swing*

****, RELOCK ON GUY 1, RELOCK!!!

*You die*

If you decide that you can switch targets with buttons.

ARRGH QUIRKY BINDS, **** WRONG KEY

*You die*

But of course, there would be penalties for this precision as [Alpha]-0mega- mentioned, you won't be able to see any 3rd player backstabbing you, or if someone does an elaborate acrobatic, your screen might whirl around leaving you in a daze. :) That'll make the game fair, won't it?. Also, it would be better if once you lock on to someone it'll lock on to that person forever until you release the key or something like that.

Besides, in a real battle, you would want to face your opponent directly 99% of the time, so why not make it automatic?

I don't understand, won't it be better? You would be able to dodge left/right/back even easier b'cos the movements are now always relative to your opponent.

The acrobatic dodge I am referring to is the sideflip backwards roll.

For maximum distance you need to do a SIDEJUMP *away* from the enemy, then roll backwards away from the enemy.

This becomes impossible when locked on to the enemy.

Besides, in a real battle, you would want to face your opponent directly 99% of the time, so why not make it automatic?

This is Jedi Academy, where the enemy can do weird tricks.

If you try to roll away you do not try to face your opponent, you try to roll without headsmacking into a traffic light.

In the current system you already face the enemy unless you lose track of him. If you ask me, the current system is more realistic than if you miraculously managed to stay locked on to the enemy regardless of your or his moves.

Personally I don't really see a need for this, I mean first off its not difficult to aim at the enemy ( and if it is, try increasing your mouse's DPI ), and then it'll make it difficult when fighting with several enemys around (which I would hope would be most of the time, moar playerz == moar fun).

I always wanted to try something like that. However, once we figured out that movement key based combat worked so well, it kind of got dropped by the way-side.

I don't really see much use for it, plus swinging the blade with your mouse would get really tedious. It's much more preferred instead to focus on solutions for removing yaw abuse. Been playing on a few servers and it feels to me like more and more new players are trying to do it because they can't fight otherwise.

Personally I don't really see a need for this, I mean first off its not difficult to aim at the enemy ( and if it is, try increasing your mouse's DPI ), and then it'll make it difficult when fighting with several enemys around (which I would hope would be most of the time, moar playerz == moar fun).

nuuz not teh DPI.

I always play at max sensitivity so when I replaced my default optical dell mouse with a Logitech G3, I couldn't aim anywhere anymoar.

Archived