Home

Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

Yar-El

I just bought two Star Wars based table-top roleplaying books.

a. Star Wars = Saga Edition Core Rulebook

b. Star Wars = Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

You need the main core book, so you can play the Knights campaigns. I was looking through the Knights book, and all I have to say is awsome. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Knights era is in this book. People who are not roleplaying fans will still love this book. You don't have to be a roleplaying geek to enjoy it. Character stats, Knights timeline and history, and some great revelations. :D

Has anyone else bought this? :D

I am just reading the Campaign Guide, and I, too, must say its really awesome. While reading it, I replay the games in my mind, and it contains bits and pieces of information I wasn't aware of. For everyone interested in KotOR its a MUST read!
You and me both. I think Lucas Books did a great job. Knights 2 had so many gaps, and this book fills in the missing pieces.

Some stuff I was missing:

The Great Sith War (Unknown-3,994 BBY)

The Restoration (3,995-3,966 BBY)

The Mandalorian Wars (3,965-3,960 BBY)

Revan/Exile vrs. Mandalore @ Malacore V

Knights 1: The Jedi Civil War (3,959-3,956 BBY)

Revan/Bastila vrs. Malak

Knights 2: The Dark Wars (3,955-9,951 BBY)

Exile vrs. Sith Lords

Traya's revenge on the Sith, Jedi, and Force.

Character canon:

Darth Revan

Is a lightside Jedi male.

The Jedi Exile

Is a lightside Jedi female.

There is an indication of bad blood between Revan and Exile. Revan's quick fall to the Darkside caught her off guard. Possible battle between Revan and Exile in Knights 3. Exile also seems to feel abandoned by Revan. Lovers spat?

The Jedi Exile instinctively cut herself off from the Force at Malacore V, so she could protect herself from the Mass Shadow Generator. The Jedi Council didn't do it.

Knights 2 had so many gaps, and this book fills in the missing pieces.

There is an indication of bad blood between Revan and Exile.

The Jedi Exile instinctively cut herself off from the Force at Malacore V, so she could protect herself from the Mass Shadow Generator. The Jedi Council didn't do it.

Both of these points were already in KOTOR2 itself, the second in fact was a major plot point. :p

Nevertheless, the campaign guide is pretty interesting. Although there are a few mistakes here and there that are slightly annoying.

In KotOR 1 it was never that big, but I suppose the artist got a bit...carried away when he was drawing. :xp:

Thats because you're looking up to her... wait what gets further away from you gets smaller :lol:

Anyway it looks like a nice book.

Hé Miltiadas, enig idee waar je dit boek zou kunnen vinden in Belgie en dat redelijk bij de deur is ?

Both of these points were already in KOTOR2 itself, the second in fact was a major plot point. :p

I fell asleep on my cellphone last night. My brain was fried from the ion battery. :lol:

That cover looks awesome! I probably won't get it though; I don't have anyone to play it with.
I bought the books for the information alone. I thought about openning an online campaign in the rpg forum. It would be pretty cool. :D

There was a stretch in the comics where she was drawn as stacked...

:D **Immature statement paste here.** :lol:

Hé Miltiadas, enig idee waar je dit boek zou kunnen vinden in Belgie en dat redelijk bij de deur is ?
Meestal bestel ik deze boeken (Raaklijn in Brugge), want ik denk niet dat je ze makkelijk in de winkel zal zien liggen. Zo doe ik het met the KotOR comics en andere SW boeken, ik heb geen weet van enige boekhandel die ze liggen heeft. ;)

Meestal bestel ik deze boeken (Raaklijn in Brugge), want ik denk niet dat je ze makkelijk in de winkel zal zien liggen. Zo doe ik het met the KotOR comics en andere SW boeken, ik heb geen weet van enige boekhandel die ze liggen heeft. ;)

Yargh ! Bedankt zal daar eens moeten binneuh springeuh :lol:

Moet toch weer veel in Brugge zijn sinds school herbegonnen is... bléh !

Sorry to be the buzz-killer here but lets keep it English. Thanks. -RH

• 1 month later...

I had the Tales of the Old Republic expansion from Wizards of the Coast years ago, well before KotOR appeared. That was 4000BBY and highly informative, plus I like the comic a lot.

The Dark Empire expansion was also good, E-wings, improved MonCal cruisers and powers like Force Storm which literally rips the surface off planets. Oh and the Super Star Destroyers like the Eclipse and Sovereign class, all with spinal mounted superlasers plus much better anti-starfighter batteries to protect against New Republic snubfighter tactics, plus of course all the mandatory ship to ship battle weaponry and dozens of hangar bays. The Eclipse was some 15km long whilst the Sovereign was 12km, from memory.

The Tales of the Old Republic expansion defined the Jedi Weaponmaster, Jedi Healer and Jedi Sentinel templates, also the Sith Warrior, Sith Lord and Sith Adept prestige classes. It also described nicely the breadth of lightsabre crystals available, since the comic was the first to depict a wide variety of blade colours and therefore focusing crystals from which they are constructed. The red Sith-lightsabre for example is due to the crystal being artificially synthesised, so it is always red. The Jedi use natural crystals, Adegan for cobolt blue (+2 base damage), Viridian for green (+1 base damage), Corusca gems for the regular blue blade and so on down the line (yellow and orange had a -1 and -2 base damage). The type of crystal used depended upon availability, Adegan crystals were among the hardest to find, as were purple ones which were as good or better, something about only in the heart of a specific planetary mineral content exposed to a supernova and that sort of thing. Generally most Jedi wielded lightsabres made from materials relatively local to their home system, hence Jedi from Coruscant typically had Corusca gems and regular blue blades, Jedi from distant worlds or well travelled and experienced Jedi had all sorts of colours.

Loved that book.

This one looks good too, but my RPG days are done methinks.

Archived