Home

How to upgrade a computer

Relenzo2

Read Orwell for all of your essay-writing skills. He's written them on everything... from "the perfect pub" (which, I believe, the Wetherspoons chain of pubs in Britain are based on...) to the nature of the essay itself.

Shooting an Elephant

<3 Orwell: a man with a scary ability to see into the future; Terry Eagleton just won't do as a replacement ;_;

Did he write essays about what it's like to be a body part in the first person like in Fight Club?

Oh, we're getting there... :(

Especially with Mr. Broon's 'Britishness' lessons. What a splendid idea it is to disregard independent thought and salute the flag. What exactly are we to teach, anyway? "How to Discuss the Weather For Beginners" and "Elementary Empire Building and How to Feel Ashamed of it 200 Years Later"?

Fight Club is so fail it's not even funny.

Well I'll just have to go and cry in a corner then...

That essay was... okay for regular English, but not Honors. It had a decent basis, but I felt like you could have added more detail in some places, and used better vocabulary.

Although frankly I really hope his paper just sucks, or I'll lose all faith in education.

You'd be better off psychologically to give up now. Modern education is designed to make people as ignorant as possible in as wide a field as possible, it seems... : /

for

You let your public education system become as deplorable as ours and then say that. :(

truth.

Post constructive, helpful critiques, or don't post here. ;) Calling it crap tells the OP nothing about how to actually improve the essay.

Well, he didn't ask for any constructive, helpful critiques or any suggestions to improve the essay. He gave it to us for our enjoyment and I did not enjoy that, and I'm telling him that. This no CEC Jae.

Archived