Home

Scoobert "Racist" Doo

Det. Bart Lasiter

The classic "Scooby Doo, Where Are You!" episode A Night of Fright Is No Delight aired recently on Cartoon Network and I was APPALLED by how blatantly racist it was. In the first case, the character of "Colonel Sanders", whom Scooby had saved several years earlier from a swamp was an avid collector of Civil War memorabilia and (seemingly) a "fan" of the Civil War and the Confederates in particular. However, he was anything but vilified for his beliefs, instead his lawyers (Mr. Creeps and Mr. Crawls) were turned into the so-called "bad guys" -- a clear shot at the Jewish community. Joseph Barbera's and William Hanna's hate knew no bounds however, so they made this "Night of Hate" even less of a "Delight". The "ghosts" in this episode were clearly meant to portray the spirits of African-American slaves that had (presumably) died while enslaved by Colonel Sanders' forefathers. However, the designs of these "ghosts" were clearly based on the racist theater makeup style known as "blackface", which was meant to portray certain African-American stereotypes. Pictured here is one of the so-called "phantoms":

rwjfq9.jpg

After being confronted with evidence this damning, I certainly hope you will all revise your views on this "wonder pup".

If Scooby Doo offends you, then I would suggest never watching the "censored" buggs bunny episodes that were released on the DVD collection... alot of which were my favourites.

Ill let you make of that last part what you want, but I doubt youll be right. :p As for Scooby Doo itself... it was pandered more for kids... and pot smoking hippies. They arent going to be paying too much attention to stuff like that.

I watched almost nothing but scooby doo and gilligans island from probably kindergarten through 3rd grade, and some how, despite all of the blatant racism that you seem to think damns the series to hell, I have managed to keep myself from joining the KKK and burning all of the african american blue ghosts in my community.

Archived