Home

I confirm that the "8 hours and repetitive gameplay" is pure lie.

DarthZayne

I got my PS3 copy yesturday.

I played the game on Sith Lord difficulty , I found the game pretty hard in the second level. The first level took me 2:30 hours to beat , because I wanted all the holocrons "15" hidden holocrons plus I wanted to do the optional objective wich was pretty quick.

In my opinion the game is more about a 20+ hours , If you want to collecte everything plus doing the tutorial challenges. The 8 hours gameplay is a total lie and that because maybe some of the fools that reviewed that game played it on normal or sith difficulty... Everyone who played god of war and ninja gaiden knows there no other difficulty than the hardes.

About the "Repetitive gameplay" that a lie too, same thing again if someone hack and slash through the easy modes then actually succeed then that good for them because that wont work on Sith lord or Sith Master trush me you will die in no time you got to mix your force powers and combos to succeed and be very careful , in some point that game is way harder than God of War.

TFU isn't perfect like the targeting system wich **** but , the reviewers have way exaggerated.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, what really saddens me about the reviews is the Gametrailers review. They actually said that you can kill people in many different varied ways, but that it is enough to just use simple lightsaber swings to deal with everything. Then they called the combat dull.

That's like admitting there is no limit to how varied the internet is, but it is dull because you might as well restrict your surfing exclusively to isitfriday.biz O.o

This topic just makes me look forward to friday even more :D

I found stupid when the reviewers screw game score because they aren't smart enough to reconize the gameplay of a game from trailers and reading.

they all wer waiting for another Jedi knights , first of all does it ***** have Jedi knight in the tittle ?

When I was waiting for lego star wars I wasn't expecting a KOTOR , I mean wtf...

the problem is , the reviewers all are casual gamers , they play the game on the easies difficulty rush through the game , because they dont have weeks to make a review but its also a problem .. I do not care much about reviewers anymore since I view the GTA4 and TFU review , nuff said.

i just finished killing Darth Phobos (2 hours later) she was fair hard. but yeah i dunno how many levels i got left but its a good game people were criticizing it saying it wasnt advanced but beleive me it has evolved majorly and it is really good i have fun throwing the storm troopers and wookies around :D

I agree DarthZayne, even for people who may not want to go back and play it on the various difficulty levels can still get plenty of more playing time than the estimated 8 hours simply by going back and trying to find any holocrons they may have missed. Even if you manage to get all the holocrons on the first play through, it still takes extra time to find a few of them per level.

Also DarthZayne, is your forum name on LucasArts "Sionnick"? I assumed it was you because it's very similar to the first post in this thread.

You forgot Devil May Cry. Especially with the fourth. Hell or hell mode deffinitly not casual. Plus most people think Dante must die mode is hard as hell. Well be prepared to paste epic pain the likes of which you've never seen. I've got to raxus prime today when I was over my friends house. On the tie fighter facility on the catwalk thing. I move a box type thing and throw it at one of kota's men and some how I think it hit the ground. Then it went up and launched him and both hit a tie. I thought it was hilarious.

It's good to see another angle on this - reassures me a little for Friday's release!

I must say I am not really a fan of difficulty levels - it makes it too easy for reviewers to do as has been said - play on 'easy' and say the game lacks challenge. I prefer the likes of GTA where the difficulty gradually increases from 'stupidly easy' to 'utter suicide'!:xp:

I'm on 5 hours for the Wii, Just finished beating Maris. I assume I'm getting close.

I don't really want it to end...

I think we all felt that way. But I still found it pleasing to go and collect all the holocrons I missed and finish any bonus objectives I didn't complete each level.

In the Wii version aren't you able to get concept art, different color crystals, and I think read somewhere regarding different hilts... Although I'm not certain if that's actually implemented on the Wii version.

Yes, it is. Hilts are hidden throughout the levels. You can also get diferent color crystals, like you said. Also, the holocrons unlock the concept art. There is also a databank with info on the games characters, I think thats in all versions though.

Well, it definitely gives you some replay ability to go back and find everything you missed. I'm enjoying doing that on the 360 version. Not to mention maxing out Starkiller's force powers, abilities, and combos.

About the "Repetitive gameplay" that a lie too, same thing again if someone hack and slash through the easy modes then actually succeed then that good for them because that wont work on Sith lord or Sith Master trush me you will die in no time you got to mix your force powers and combos to succeed and be very careful

I found the gameplay to be insanely repetitive. Even when I used only Force Powers, it was just Force Push here, Repulse there, Seeker on this dude, and that's about it. The lightsaber combat was by far the most pitiable part of the game. By far. Smashing one button continuosly isn't really my idea of a fun gameplay, nor are the unisnpired (and few) combos.

in some point that game is way harder than God of War.

Like?

I found the gameplay to be insanely repetitive. Even when I used only Force Powers, it was just Force Push here, Repulse there, Seeker on this dude, and that's about it. The lightsaber combat was by far the most pitiable part of the game. By far. Smashing one button continuosly isn't really my idea of a fun gameplay, nor are the unisnpired (and few) combos.

Like?

1. never used repulse or force push yet againts enemy , because in my opinion its worthless , I creat combos of my own againts enemies,example againts the royal guards im doing the square,square,square then hold circle then square again then I grip and hit on the floor then I force lighting him to death. Dude be creative .

2. Its way harder than god of war , because in god of war you can kill anything with the same old combo even at the hardess difficulty , unlike TFU trust me those ****** jet troopers and Evo troopers are pissing me hardcore.TFU you really need to stop and think of a new strategie because 1 mistake and your dead , example once a AT - ST stomped you just wish that any heavy trooper isn't near at Sith Master because your doomed.

I agree DarthZayne, even for people who may not want to go back and play it on the various difficulty levels can still get plenty of more playing time than the estimated 8 hours simply by going back and trying to find any holocrons they may have missed. Even if you manage to get all the holocrons on the first play through, it still takes extra time to find a few of them per level.

Also DarthZayne, is your forum name on LucasArts "Sionnick"? I assumed it was you because it's very similar to the first post in this thread.

Yes I'm sionnick on the LA forum.

1. never used repulse or force push yet againts enemy , because in my opinion its worthless , I creat combos of my own againts enemies,example againts the royal guards im doing the square,square,square then hold circle then square again then I grip and hit on the floor then I force lighting him to death. Dude be creative .

The number of combos on the game is quite poor compared to any other game of the same genre out there. They're simply too few. I simply can't be creative when I simply don't dispose of the tools for it.

2. Its way harder than god of war , because in god of war you can kill anything with the same old combo even at the hardess difficulty

That's quite the generalisation, but assuming that's true, you'd have a difficult time finishing some random enemy with a combo that's not effective enough. And I don't see how that makes the game more difficult.

unlike TFU trust me those ****** jet troopers and Evo troopers are pissing me hardcore.TFU you really need to stop and think of a new strategie because 1 mistake and your dead , example once a AT - ST stomped you just wish that any heavy trooper isn't near at Sith Master because your doomed.

I think the same goes for GoW.

An what's the matter if you die on TFU anyway? The checkpoints are abundant, the enemies you killed don't respawn and you can ressurrect as many time as you wish.

1. First there is way more combos than god of war 1 and 2 combined . end of story. If you want I can make the whole possible combos of the two games and compare it to TFU wich have way wayyyyyyy more combos.

No tool you say , You can use your environement even the enemie himself to make combos , unlike GoW you got powers that can eventually be part of the combo.

2.the square square square then triangle in god of war destroy every single enemie of the game , make it pointless to use something els than that one.

3.First , if you did play on wii on easy difficulty I dont even know why i'm arguing with you , if you have a ps3 or 360 then play it on Master sith wich is a 1000 time harder than the God of war / Spartan difficulty of GoW.Mixing combos againts different type of enemie and enemy priority is way more vaste than the GoW one .

Archived