Home

I confirm that the "8 hours and repetitive gameplay" is pure lie.

DarthZayne

1. First there is way more combos than god of war 1 and 2 combined . end of story. If you want I can make the whole possible combos of the two games and compare it to TFU wich have way wayyyyyyy more combos.

Fine. Write down the list of combos, then. Because I can see the "huge" list containing just a few.

No tool you say , You can use your environement even the enemie himself to make combos , unlike GoW you got powers that can eventually be part of the combo.

Only if we restrict ourselves to quickly pushing or storming after some slashings. For holding something on the scenario and throwing it on your enemy doesn't count as a combos as far as I'm aware, since it breaks the pace.

2.the square square square then triangle in god of war destroy every single enemie of the game , make it pointless to use something els than that one.

Does it?

Can you kill a minotaur with this combo? A gorgon?

The fact that most (not "every one") combos can be used to damage your enemies, doesn't mean that that's the most efficient course of action.

3.First , if you did play on wii on easy difficulty I dont even know why i'm arguing with you , if you have a ps3 or 360 then play it on Master sith wich is a 1000 time harder than the God of war / Spartan difficulty of GoW.Mixing combos againts different type of enemie and enemy priority is way more vaste than the GoW one .

Well, if the Sith Lord (Master Sith?) difficulty is harder than the Spartan, on GoW, what about it? The Spartan isn't even the hardest mode anyway. I take you meant God/Titan.

And no, I haven't found it to be harder. For me, TFU didn't even managed to scratch the surface of GoW on this aspect.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said that Wargod and spartan wer the hardess , since spartan as default is the hardess you kinda need to beat the game first at spartan to unlock Titan.I said that to compare the equal , next time ill say GOD VS MASTER SITH.

serriously I dont belive you tried Master sith because your making no sensse.

Oh Yes you can kill a minotaur with that combo but you wont receive the health orbs because you didn't finished him with a QTE . you just have too miss your 3 first attack , not on the minotaur because he will block , then hit triangle in the right time its also work on gordon , thanks you.

And yeah griping a enemie wich is on ground is part of a combo even if its break the pace I'm sorry.

Example Sith flurry to a maximum of pause then circle then square then circle again that will leave the enemy on the ground and make alot of damage so you can finishing him up by griping him and trowing him around because that not blockable since his defensless , please go read the combo definition , "continuous attack that cannot be blocked or been avoided".

An what's the matter if you die on TFU anyway? The checkpoints are abundant, the enemies you killed don't respawn and you can ressurrect as many time as you wish.

Your argument has failed with that sentence.

Oh, and I confirm that 20+ hours of gameplay is a lie, 15 MAX, even if you go holocron hunting.

I never said that Wargod and spartan wer the hardess , since spartan as default is the hardess you kinda need to beat the game first at spartan to unlock Titan.I said that to compare the equal , next time ill say GOD VS MASTER SITH.

You actually need to beat God mode first to unlock it, but whatever.

serriously I dont belive you tried Master sith because your making no sensse.

Huh? You're the one who said "Master Sith". I simply quoted and used it to counter your argument.

Oh Yes you can kill a minotaur with that combo but you wont receive the health orbs because you didn't finished him with a QTE . you just have too miss your 3 first attack , not on the minotaur because he will block , then hit triangle in the right time its also work on gordon , thanks you.

The fact that most (not "every one") combos can be used to damage your enemies, doesn't mean that that's the most efficient course of action.

I hope it's clearer now.

And yeah griping a enemie wich is on ground is part of a combo even if its break the pace I'm sorry.
I love how you back up your information. Says who?

please go read the combo definition , "continuous attack that cannot be blocked or been avoided".

Wikipedia says:

"In video games, a combo (short for combination) is a term that designates a set of actions performed in sequence, usually with strict timing limitations, that yield a significant benefit or advantage."

Your argument has failed with that sentence.

No, I believe you misunderstood what I said. There's nothing I hate more than endless wave of enemies that keep respawning. However, that only applies for me if you DON'T die. After you're dead and the enemies DO NOT respawn, eh, that's lame for me. ;)

Wikipedia says:

"In video games, a combo (short for combination) is a term that designates a set of actions performed in sequence, usually with strict timing limitations, that yield a significant benefit or advantage."

But since when is Wikipedia a good source of information ;)

No, I believe you misunderstood what I said. There's nothing I hate more than endless wave of enemies that keep respawning. However, that only applies for me if you DON'T die. After you're dead and the enemies DO NOT respawn, eh, that's lame for me. ;)

Ah, okay, maybe you should word it better next time :)

i think GOW was harder but because of the puzzle sections i never died once in a fighting bit (on GOW)apart from the gorgon freeze slash attack, and the Bosses on GOW where easier aswell i mean Ares was a push over, both have good storys and a nice twist in the middle-end section, in GOW1 who wasnt shocked when you saw kratos get hit by a log, and if you had stayed away from spoilers the vader stab though the cheast bit on this was shocking as well. So they are both good games another thing they have incommen is that i think the best level was the first on both in gow the Hydra was the best in FU the sheer destructability in kashyk made that one the best i think

1. first about the respawn , its the same ***** system in god of war , you die you respawn at the last save point and you have the option to lower the difficulty . that the only difference.

2.here what wiki said :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combo_(video_games)

"In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits. The combo requires that an initial hit connects. This hit is then followed by an often predetermined sequence of other hits, each of which leaves the opponent unable or almost unable to block or otherwise avoid the following hit(s) in the sequence. Depending on the game design, a combo can have a final".

3. I use that combo againts minotaur in God (gow1) and Titan (gow2) because its safer Your argument still make no sensse. ( and it does tons of AoE damage.)

Next time you read something on wikipedia and try to back up your argument with it , please read the full stuff please.

And BTW you said that you using the sith seeker move, that ain't in the 360 and PS3 version of the game so your playing it on Wii or ps2 or psp since you dont want to tell us wich version your playing .

You said your limited with the tool , then go buy a new console.

Since you do not have any good argument and you cannot prove anything , I'm done with you.

1. first about the respawn , its the same ***** system in god of war , you die you respawn at the last save point and you have the option to lower the difficulty . that the only difference.

No, it's not the sole difference. The enemies you killed stay dead even after your ressurrction at a checkpoint.

"In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits. The combo requires that an initial hit connects. This hit is then followed by an often predetermined sequence of other hits, each of which leaves the opponent unable or almost unable to block or otherwise avoid the following hit(s) in the sequence. Depending on the game design, a combo can have a final".

Thank you for corroborating, that just proves what I said.

3. I use that combo againts minotaur in God (gow1) and Titan (gow2) because its safer Your argument still make no sensse. ( and it does tons of AoE damage.)

Yours is the one that's not making much sense at all. You use it because it's "safer"? And on the God/Titan modes? I'm sorry, but if your strategy resumes to that you'd get killed after leaving the hydras incident (GoW1) or Rhodes (GoW2). That leads me to believe you haven't gone too far on either GoW games.

And BTW you said that you using the sith seeker move, that ain't in the 360 and PS3 version of the game so your playing it on Wii or ps2 or psp since you dont want to tell us wich version your playing .

I actually own both the PS2 and 360 versions. The issue is more grave on the PS2, but the other version isn't too far away.

Since you do not have any good argument and you cannot prove anything , I'm done with you.

Oh yeah, because you have, right?

i dont think the Wii version even has different difficulties...i have beaten it a few times and dont remember any difficulty settings...

Well, I can't tell for the Wii version, but the PS2 sure has difficulties to chose from. I believe you don't see them because you chose to restart the game with the powers and items you acquired on the previous playthrough.

1.your wrong you just proved that your not playing the game either on x360 or ps3 , because the enemie respawn if you die.

2. the only thing I'm corroborating is how wrong you are. Like i said using powers even if its breaking the pace is still part of the combo , example the launcher in GoW.

3. dude comon , I'm not talking about the boss , dont change the subject with stupid facts, because you just got broke when I said that you can kill all the enemies not the boss the enemies with that combo , not only because its safer its easier to dispatch a bunch of enemie and plus its doing tons of damage and to let you know i beated both games 3 and 4 times .

4. lies and you proved it yourself.

5. the only thing your proving its your good at contradiction .

1.your wrong you just proved that your not playing the game either on x360 or ps3 , because the enemie respawn if you die.

Granted, I bought the 360 version two days ago and I haven't tested it yet. So excuse me if I was wrong on that part.

2. the only thing I'm corroborating is how wrong you are. Like i said using powers even if its breaking the pace is still part of the combo , example the launcher in GoW.

Nay, they're not. Especially not on GoW since if it just take a few seconds for the combo count to reset. And Square, square, triangle, a launcher? It's more like a smasher.

3. dude comon , I'm not talking about the boss , dont change the subject with stupid facts, because you just got broke when I said that you can kill all the enemies not the boss the enemies with that combo , not only because its safer its easier to dispatch a bunch of enemie and plus its doing tons of damage and to let you know i beated both games 3 and 4 times .
I'm not talking about the bosses either. I'm talking about the corresponding first stages on both games. The whole thing, not the bosses. And if you've beaten the game using only this combo, you're the God of War yourself.

Ctrl Alt Del: The issue here is that you're trying to look at TFU as a regular hack and slash action game.

TFU isn't God of War. The only real similarites lie with the fact that you can hit a button to attack people, there are Quick Time Events and the inclusion of platforming elements.

A combo is a combination of multiple actions. If lifting someone up, zapping them and then throwing them at someone else isn't a combination of multiple actions (that, btw, keeps the enemy unable or almost unable to block or move), then what is it?

If you were to read the stuff the game says, you'd see that all these things like charging a lifted enemy with lightning, pushing at the end of a sword combo or such are called Force Combos in this game.

They are called this because the whole idea of the game is to use the force.

It's given that there should be a limited amount of melee-attacks because the game isn't about those.

The idea is to use the environment and force powers together creatively. The melee combat is merely there for storyline and practical reasons.

What you are saying about the game because of the melee system is like focusing on the spells in God of War and saying they lack variation =)

Oh, I have stopped comparing it to TFU ages ago. You really do have a point when you say they're not the same, but as that never was left too much clear before the game release we kinda of get the impression they were supposed to look alike.

A combo is a combination of multiple actions. If lifting someone up, zapping them and then throwing them at someone else isn't a combination of multiple actions (that, btw, keeps the enemy unable or almost unable to block or move), then what is it?

Another point for you, but although this (and similar actions) are combos; pressing X,X,X then Y or B and then throwing something against the enemy isn't for the reasons aforementioned.

They are called this because the whole idea of the game is to use the force.

It's given that there should be a limited amount of melee-attacks because the game isn't about those.

But that's something I'll probably never swallow. So the proposal of this game is to unleash the force. Fine, but that don't justify why the combat may be so... gross, really. It's really a lame excuse.

Another point for you, but although this (and similar actions) are combos; pressing X,X,X then Y or B and then throwing something against the enemy isn't for the reasons aforementioned.
Yes, merely throwing someone at something isn't really a combo. Pushing two people into each others and into an explosive barrel with one push would in a sense be a combo as you combine pushing with the explosives for better results.

It's just not the usual kind of combo.

But that's something I'll probably never swallow. So the proposal of this game is to unleash the force. Fine, but that don't justify why the combat may be so... gross, really. It's really a lame excuse.

But the fact that you can't accept this shows that you're still thinking of this as a god of war type of action game instead of the Psi-ops without guns on steroids that it as best can be compared to. Either that or you want it to be a god of war style game instead. Unfortunately, that would greatly alter what the game is all about so then you could just as well be asking for a new Star Wars game ^^

Tried Devil May Cry 4? That game is all about utilizing the few attacks you have in varied manners. They make it more clear to the player when they're doing it good than TFU does though.

But the fact that you can't accept this shows that you're still thinking of this as a god of war type of action game instead of the Psi-ops without guns on steroids that it as best can be compared to. Either that or you want it to be a god of war style game instead. Unfortunately, that would greatly alter what the game is all about so then you could just as well be asking for a new Star Wars game ^^

You mentioned Devil May Cry on your answer, and that's simply another game with a respectable (amazing, to be honest) melee combat. While the sole purpose of that game isn't just hack'n slashing everything that moves with your wepons, it does a more than satisfying job at it. :)

By the way:

DMC > GoW

Tried Devil May Cry 4? That game is all about utilizing the few attacks you have in varied manners. They make it more clear to the player when they're doing it good than TFU does though.

Yeah, and that's what I'm talking about. All the nuances present on the system. For example, attacking normally as you would do but delaying one of the blows just a bit will transform your combo into something else entirely (like, square, square - delay - square. Voilá, you got yourself another action).

That's the kind of thing I felt that was missing on TFU. Critically.

I found stupid when the reviewers screw game score because they aren't smart enough to reconize the gameplay of a game from trailers and reading.

they all wer waiting for another Jedi knights , first of all does it ***** have Jedi knight in the tittle ?

When I was waiting for lego star wars I wasn't expecting a KOTOR , I mean wtf...

the problem is , the reviewers all are casual gamers , they play the game on the easies difficulty rush through the game , because they dont have weeks to make a review but its also a problem .. I do not care much about reviewers anymore since I view the GTA4 and TFU review , nuff said.

I TOTALLY AGREE! The reviewers are totally biased on the wii and ps2 versions too! Basically to them if the graphics suck, they down the score by about a mile. I thought the wii version was at LEAST and 8.5, but GameSpot gave it a six and IGN a 7.8. And they usually only speed through a game because if the first level or two don't muse them they just say "screw it" and speed-game...I am so on your side.:xp:

Yeah, and that's what I'm talking about. All the nuances present on the system. For example, attacking normally as you would do but delaying one of the blows just a bit will transform your combo into something else entirely (like, square, square - delay - square. Voilá, you got yourself another action).

That's the kind of thing I felt that was missing on TFU. Critically.

TFU is like DMC in the sense that they both reply on few combos being utilized in wild combinations. You're saying TFU is missing things it actually has O.o

In fact, TFU has more combos at hand than Nero had in DMC 4. The execution of them is way more straight forward, but there ARE more of them in there. Also, you can unlock a separate three-hit combo that follows up the first attack by said delay, which can be put in anywhere. The combo still behaves like the first one in that it is executed with the same buttons and has as many attacks in it, but it's definitely there O.o

In fact, TFU has more combos at hand than Nero had in DMC 4. The execution of them is way more straight forward, but there ARE more of them in there. Also, you can unlock a separate three-hit combo that follows up the first attack by said delay, which can be put in anywhere. The combo still behaves like the first one in that it is executed with the same buttons and has as many attacks in it, but it's definitely there O.o

Is that good? I think it makes the gameplay less deep.

Archived