Home

Stupid Star Destroyer (Mid-Late Game Spoilers)

Nadreth

So on the Imperial version of Raxus Prime you have to bring down that stupid Star Destroyer...I don't suppose there is a trick to it? Or something that'd help, because I either get nothing done because I'm trying not to die, or get kill by the tie fighters. So is there any tricks to getting the ship down - or is it more likely that I'm going to kill my X-Box in frustration? :D

...maybe I should start meditating or something...calm me down.... :headbump

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well to the guys who say they beat the star destryer, it must not be on the ps3 version. the ship completly rotates back after the you take down the first wave of ties and do the stick toggle thing, i can get the ties down in about 15- 22 sec. The ship completly rotates back and the tie spawner doesn't give me enough time to get to the ship back in to crash statis, the toggles go green and ties are already depleting my life it's like this on all 3 difficulty's. the game is bugged big time. why the heck does the ship rotate back, thats retarded. somettimes it rotates the other way. I've spent 16 hours on this game now, 3 different difficulty's and that lvl is garbage. By the way Nadreth, lighting is good, but grabing the tie's when they get close is much easier and slaming it into another works much faster. A couple of time i've cauaght the destroyer before it rotated all the way back and the ties spawned immediatly.

I will admit it was difficult my first time, however I have since beat it on Apprentice, Warrior, and Sith Lord. The trick is to stand behind one of the pillar type things to block incoming TIE blasters, and right when the TIE is almost over your head , jump facing the fighter and just tap your force lightning. They will blow up with even the smallest hit of lightning. Repeat this as fast as possible for all fighters then get back to pulling the Star Destroyer down ASAP before it has a chance to rotate back to where it was. Force grip it and move the sticks in the shown direction and when they go green keep tapping the sticks to keep it in green. 2 to 3 seconds of green gets you to the pull down arrows. Then pull that bastard down when the sticks show arrows downward. Keep pulling down until the first TIE of next incoming squadron fires at you, then dash back to cover behind pillar and get right to taking out the TIE's on their first pass. I can clear all the TIE's in 2 of their passes, Star Destroyer barely moves back to where it was and I'm pulling it down again. Speed is of the essence. Faster you take out ties, the less times you will have to repeat the sequence in the end. So anyway, game is not bugged at all, it's supposed to be difficult, it's a freakin star destroyer! Hope this helps you guys. Just wait until you gotta fight Vader and/or Emperor! Star Destroyer is easy compared to that.

its not too bad. a little force lightning seems to do a pretty decent job, as does grip if you have it maxed since you can grab more than one TIE at a time. this wouldn't be too bad if they spaced out the waves of TIE's a bit more so as to give you more time to get the SD into a low enough position.

still, it almost seems as if this section was almost too difficult.

So far the best way I have found to do it was to run to either side of the platform and use repeated lightning to fry the Tie's as they swoop around the pillar on the side your on. You can get about 4 ties back to back before you have to wait to recharge your force.

Then start pulling down the SD. I dont know if the error is the same on the PS3, but on the 360 version sometimes the analog sticks on the screen appear green even though it wont let you pull the SD down yet. What that means is usually you have to lift the nose of the SD up a bit before you get the "Pull" arrow markers on the screen. keep pulling even after the tie's start shooting at you and don't stop until they have your health nearly out. Then just repeat the process by running to one side of the platform and blowing up the ties.

I actually didn't seem to have a problem with this...

Make sure to move both analog sticks in the indicated directions simultaneously - it saves time. Also, ignore the indicator sometimes. If you stop moving the sticks when the indicator tells you, you'll never get to drag it down.

Try to get the SD level. there are two slightly glowing pillars in front of the PC - line the SD's nose up between those, and ensure the thing is level (as if it was flying normally). Then, release the sticks for a moment. If the SD maintains it's level-heading, within a few seconds you'll get the option to pull it down. Do that until you see the approaching TIE fire, then release and destroy them as quickly as possible. Should take between three and five attempts to bring the SD down.

Hope that helps! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, destroy the TIE fighters by either jumping in the air and shocking them w/ Force Lightning or hurling them at other TIE's until all of them are destroyed. Then, start to grip the SD until you're about to die (from TIE fighters) and take cover. Rinse and repeat x3. The fourth time it should come down and you should get the cutscene and an achievement (or trophy, if they made one for completing that level...)

Indeed. Once you get the hang of it, you'll have it down in no-time. It took me like 45min-1hour to get it down the first time. After I've 'learned' it, it took me like 10-20 seconds to get down the whole squad of TIE fighters, and I get the SD down in 1-2 tries maximum, most of the times.

Once I managed to figure out that the flashy-thingies in front of the player were guides for levelling the ISD - easy. Just hop around like a kangaroo on speed avoiding TIE fire, give 'em a zap or throw them into each other, then yank the ISD down. It's quite fun in retrospect.:D

The ties are easy; just zap with lightning when they are close.

The star destroyer; the toggles that pop up on Xbox are a little mis leading. When the toggle is vertical, it means "take your finger off it". So your trying to get the ship to face you, when this happens the toggles turn green. The you have to move them both up then down, repeat until you bring it close enough to you and the ground.

Archived