Home

Stupid Star Destroyer (Mid-Late Game Spoilers)

Nadreth

lol ive never had anydifficulty with this bit and i have the PS3 version just wait until the tie has fired its first shot dodge that then you can usually kill all but about 2 ties on there first pass and if you get it green the first time and down a bit it will stay at that lower level rather than move back to the compleltly original starting position

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Star Destroyer can be brought down in one try on Apprentice difficulty. The highest level I've played it on 360 is the Sith Lord difficulty and I did it on the third try. The key is taking out TIE's quickly. Once you have mastered that, it won't be that difficult.

As I said in my review, I don't like this part despite mastering it. It's my least favorite thing to do in the game.

This should have been one of the greatest moments in the history of awesome. Instead it'll go down as one of the most poorly executed.

After wanting to put my controller through a wall, I figured out that you have to completely disregard what the on screen stick display is showing you. Just think of the Star Destroyer as a giant arrowhead. You want the arrowhead pointing STRAIGHT at you. Just do it that way and you'll ht the green patches in no time and be able to pul her down.

God this was awful. A level of awfulness were at least a ten percent score reduction is required for it.

This should have been one of the greatest moments in the history of awesome. Instead it'll go down as one of the most poorly executed.

After wanting to put my controller through a wall, I figured out that you have to completely disregard what the on screen stick display is showing you. Just think of the Star Destroyer as a giant arrowhead. You want the arrowhead pointing STRAIGHT at you. Just do it that way and you'll ht the green patches in no time and be able to pul her down.

God this was awful. A level of awfulness were at least a ten percent score reduction is required for it.

Aw, don't feel so bad Boba Rhett, I felt the same way when I tried the level...

• 2 months later...

Anyone get bothered by a floating piece of junk that threw off the Force-lightning targeting? I always knock it down, but when the ties come by, another one appears when I had already dealt with it! I wanted to throw it at the ties, but the debris goes to some target on each side of the screen and NEVER at the ties.

Has anyone had this same debris problem as well?

Yeah, it can be a pain in the backside and makes the section longer than it need be - although it is possible to throw the debris into the TIEs, which can be useful. But it does frequently get in the way of an attempt to grab a TIE or fire a lightning attack.

Well that's what I tried to do, but most shots didn't go for the TIE's, or for that matter, straight. I tried many times to destroy them, but the debris didn't lock onto the TIE's. They often locked onto something else completely, even when I threw it right in the path of the target.

Another thing that I tried with the star destroyer was moving the right joystick up and down as I pulled it one way or the other. It's an exercise for the right thumb, but I noticed it centered the destroyer much faster than just pushing up or down and holding it there. (Hold Left joystick left or right to center the destroyer. The Right joystick can be held up or down, but shifting the stick constantly can increase how quickly you pull the destroyer left or right)

• 9 months later...

Yeah, the pc has some issues with the SD. After 30 minutes of working on it....i got it down.

Tips:

When moving the SD from right to middle, you should instead move it way left side so when you fight the tie fighters you will destroy them and have the SD already close to the middle position.

When fighting tie fighters go far left or right in order to jump up and use force lighting or use force grab on the ties.

They seems to easier to grab in those corners vs the middle of the screen.

Logan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
In the PC version, there seem to be even more problems about the SD. Very difficult to move the mouse fast enough.

It's nearly impossible, to get the SD in a horizontal position just with my mouse. I tried for about an hour to no avail. My arm hurts and I'm completely p%&$* off.

As soon as I lift up the mouse, put it back at the beginning of the mousepad, to move it up again, the SD drops back to it's original position.

Update:

I finally did it. The trick is, to move the mouse slowly. Speed doesn't count. As long as the mouse is moving, everything is fince. Then lift it up and put it back fast at the beginning of the mousepad and repeat to move it up slowly again. Rinse and repeat...

Still, the controls for this scene are pretty annoying and simply suck...

I'm playing the pc version, it's not a problem with those ties for me.

But bringing down the SD...I can pull it down about 2 times to a pretty low position, then it's almost impossible to pull it down again.

It's very slow to rotate the SD in this stage, both vertical and horizontal. When I have to release it to dodge the ties, the SD turn back to its original posistion in seconds.

I've played for more than a hour and gave up, maybe I'll try again some other day.

I'm playing the pc version, it's not a problem with those ties for me.

But bringing down the SD...I can pull it down about 2 times to a pretty low position, then it's almost impossible to pull it down again.

It's very slow to rotate the SD in this stage, both vertical and horizontal. When I have to release it to dodge the ties, the SD turn back to its original posistion in seconds.

I've played for more than a hour and gave up, maybe I'll try again some other day.

The key is if the Destroyer is at a very low position is when you need to slightly move your mouse a bit when the Destroyer starts to get out of position. It has a hard time being stabilized in one position, so you just have to slightly move the mouse in the opposite direction of where the Destroyer needs to go. Because it does take some time when you get it in the correct position before the light turns from red to green so you can start pulling it down, so if you're good at timing when to do slight movements, you'll figure it out just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
The key is if the Destroyer is at a very low position is when you need to slightly move your mouse a bit when the Destroyer starts to get out of position. It has a hard time being stabilized in one position, so you just have to slightly move the mouse in the opposite direction of where the Destroyer needs to go. Because it does take some time when you get it in the correct position before the light turns from red to green so you can start pulling it down, so if you're good at timing when to do slight movements, you'll figure it out just fine.

I've tried again today.

Thanks for your suggestion of moving the mouse slightly, this time I can pull the SD into a pretty low altitude and turn it towards me.

But I can't turn the light from red to green. I can't find the green light direction.

Should I turn it right towards me or something?

this was a problem for me too,what you have to do is keep the star destroyer almost facing you then the light will turn green and you can slowly bring it down,but its tricky ive seen the arrows facing down when i know the ship should be more up and facing me directly....its tricky to say the least,and yes im playing the pc version.keep at it you'll get it the first couple of times is very difficult,now i can do it and i bring it down in 3 attempts.

• 3 weeks later...
this was a problem for me too,what you have to do is keep the star destroyer almost facing you then the light will turn green and you can slowly bring it down,but its tricky ive seen the arrows facing down when i know the ship should be more up and facing me directly....its tricky to say the least,and yes im playing the pc version.keep at it you'll get it the first couple of times is very difficult,now i can do it and i bring it down in 3 attempts.

Since I know it's a ported version from the Xbox and PS3 versions as I was stating earlier in this thread, when the red turns to green, you need to make sure the Destroyer stays in there for a few seconds before you get the go ahead to pull it down.

The Destroyer will want to move so keep in eye on it and you will need to make slight movements, like a tapping motion every now and then in the direction necessary to keep it in the green area despite if it is still prompting you to move it, thought that doesn't always happen. It's more common the further you have pulled it down for that to happen. It's one of those things that once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do it with ease.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the Sith Edition for PC for Christmas and I've played through the game once on Sith Lord. As tedious as it was, I think a lot of my frustration came from knowing that other people got really frustrated with this part. Granted, I haven't tried it on Sith Master, but it took me something like 15-30 minutes (it's so hard to tell when you're doing nothing but running back and forth zapping and dragging). I managed to beat it just by playing chicken with the TIE fighters and not stopping dragging it down until I was actually being fired on. I tried to hide behind one of the things that juts up so the TIEs couldn't get me, but when you initiate dragging the star destroyer down they put you in the center automatically.

I also didn't have any trouble with the arrows pointing the wrong way or anything like that, as I've seen some of you mention. Was it fixed in the PC port or was I just lucky? In short, this was a pain but didn't slow my progress through the game in any real way.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have the PC version of The Sith Edition, and I can't seem to get past the last portion of the Detroyer level (where you must point the ship up, and not down.)

I try to push it up with the mouse, but all I can do is get it up a little before the TIEs come.

The mouse works fine any other time, but when I try to move it for this, it's as if it is not as sensitive anymore.

I do use that trick of hiding behind a piller and zapping them with lightning which works for the previous bits, but it doesn't seem to buy me enough time here.

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I to am having difficulty. I can pull the destroyer (through 3 phases of tie attacks) fairly close. However for (I'm guessing) the final phase I can never get it into the position where the control cues switch from A, D + mouse to S + down arrow and mouse + down arrow, to allow me to pull it down again before another attack wave prompts me to let go. I would love to plug in the code for invincibility however, I don't have the cheat code for that either. Any suggestions? techniques? This is for the PC version.

I strongly recommend to buy an x360 controller for Windows. I beat the game on Sith Master with it and it was at least 10 times easier.

Other than that try to make the Star Destroyer pointing exactly at you and ignore the arrows until they change to the S+down combination.

• 11 months later...

Can anyone tell me how to pull the SD down using keyboard & mouse on a Mac?? I get the signs 'A' pull left and 'D' pull right with an icon of the mouse with an up arrow.

Do I push the mouse up or rotate the mouse wheel up? either way the SD does not move and before I know it the Tie fighters are back on my case again.

I have got the SD into the position to pull down using 'S', I get it down some then go back to hitting Ties, when they are done the damn SD is back where it was 3 or 4 attempts previously and not where I left it.

HOW do I finish this level?

Thanks

I still can't get it.... If the SD is facing left and I have to pull it right using 'D' then it turns fast and if I push the mouse up it rises into the correct position for me to start pulling it down with 'S'.

However, once I have pulled it down a couple of times, as soon as I have to let go to take care of the incoming Tie fighters, then it starts to drift back up and to the right which, when I start to pull again will allow me to pull it back to the middle using 'A' but no amount of pushing up with the mouse will let me get the nose high enough to be able to start pulling it down again.

Also - once at this stage, no matter where I let go of the SD to deal with the fighters - it is always back facing right when I start to grab it again.. Is this some sort of glitch?

I've been trying for 2 weeks now and I'm getting to the stage when I'm just going to give it up as a bad job... HELP!

Remember I'm playing on a Mac with keyboard and mouse - not xbox 360 controller.

If I got one would it work with a Mac ??

DON'T PANICK! it might take a long time but if you keep moving it to face you and then pull it down WHILE ALSO making sure it kinda faces you, you will win. The biggest problem is the TIE Fighters swarming at you. But in the end you will win or perish at the hands of Imperial Thai Fighters.

it will drive you insane if you let it. You have to destroy the TIE fighters as quickly as possible, some people say saber throw works well, but lightning is the ticket. follow the directions that the screen gives you to the second. let the TIE fighters hit you until you can take one more hit, about one hit below where your health bar narrows, then you have no choice but to let go, and lay waste to the TIE fighters again. You will gain all your health back. then start again, if you are good, you can do it in three or four cycles.

Archived