Home

Wii Disc Error

jmcmike

Is anyone else having a problem with The Force Unleashed for Wii not loading? When I try to load the disc, I it takes a while, then makes a lot of seeking noises then the Wii black screens with an "An error has occurred" message. I have four other Wii games that still load without issue.

What I have tried:

- I have verified that my system is up to date.

- I have changed every system setting I can think may possibly affect anything (Internet connection settings, parental controls, video and audio settings etc)

- I have tried cleaning the disc

- I even exchanged the disc for another copy at my local Wal-Mart where I bought it and it still does the same thing!

I cross posted this on Lucasarts' official forum but it's pretty light reading there so I figured I would try to get a thread going here as well. I also submitted an email through their site and will report back with what I hear from them.

jmc, check out the GameSpot forums as I have noticed similar posts regarding this issue much like Boba Rhett has. I've bought my game at GameStop and haven't experienced any disc reading issues. Not to mention, I've only had the game freeze on me once. Outside of the common bugs, my game has worked just fine for me on the 360.

Man oh man am I not feeling the Lucasarts love right now. Even after providing them with all the information I provided in this thread, I still got a canned answer today. A simple regurgitation of their one-trick FAQ that talks about cleaning the disc and calling Nintendo if you still have problems.

I am not going to repeat their email here, suffice to say that it is summed up here with no additional attempts to actually provide support.

I was REALLY not in the mood for this after what I have been through so far. I shot back as follows:

Don't you just hate when YOU send a support email to someone about something YOU'RE having problems with only to be regurgitated the same vanilla answer from an FAQ that YOU already read?

<their name>. I already read your one article FAQ. I stated VERY PLAINLY in my support request that I cleaned the disc and that I also have FOUR OTHER WII GAMES that continue to function properly. I also STATED CLEARLY that I exchanged the first disc for a second disc at Wal-Mart and the second disc has the same problem.

So let's review shall we?

1) I have tried not one, BUT TWO "The Force Unleashed" Wii discs. BOTH give me errors. BOTH were clean and free of smudges or scratches

2) ALL of my other Wii games (four of them) work without issue. ONLY "The Force Unleashed" does not work.

3) The phone number you are referring me is is Nintendo. NINTENDO did not publish "The Force Unleashed", LUCASARTS did.

I spent $50 of MY hard earned money on YOUR product. Only YOUR product is defective. I expect YOUR company to help me resolve my issue.

I am maintaining a parallel thread on the Lucasforums and on your support site. Please don't waste my time with any more canned answers. It insults both my intelligence and my efforts to provide YOU with a good information to work with.

Yours In Dissatisfaction,

<me>

I wouldn't want to be on your bad side...:lol:

On what Boba Rhett said - I've experienced seeming 'bad batch' problems with other LucasArts games - Jedi Starfighter for PS2 in particular. Like you, I exchanged it for another copy, which didn't work either, even though I had dozens of other functional games.

Good luck getting help from the company though...

Man oh man am I not feeling the Lucasarts love right now. Even after providing them with all the information I provided in this thread, I still got a canned answer today. A simple regurgitation of their one-trick FAQ that talks about cleaning the disc and calling Nintendo if you still have problems.

I am not going to repeat their email here, suffice to say that it is summed up here with no additional attempts to actually provide support.

I was REALLY not in the mood for this after what I have been through so far. I shot back as follows:

If you get another "canned" answer, threaten them with the line "If this issue is not resolved in a peaceful and timely manner, I'm going to file a report with the Better Business Bureau."

Trust me, that will most likely grab their attention IMMEDIATELY. And if they blow you off, call their bluff and literally file a report. Most companies do not like having to deal with the BBB when a customers case is legit.

Yay! A supportive response from support! A solid light at the end of the tunnel. This would be great info for their FAQ.

I'll try to get over to a friend's house to try the disc in his system. If it has the same problem, I may try exchanging at another Wal-Mart across town. Or I may mail the bad one in to Lucasarts in hopes that the replacement they send will not have a problem. I'm not sure which yet.

Hello,

Please try the disc on another wii to see if you still get the same issue. If it does, there may have been a bad batch of discs sent out and when you exchanged it, it was just replaced with one from the same batch.

If the media furnished with your product is defective, you may return the CD(s), along with a photocopy of your original receipt within 90 days of purchase and receive a free replacement of the defective item(s).

After 90 days from the date of purchase (or if the CD/documents/manual has been accidentally damaged) you must send in the defective item(s) plus a check or money order to cover the replacement costs. The fees are as follows:

Replacement CD's cost $5.00

Replacement Sony PlayStation2 CD's cost $15.00

Replacement Sony PSP UMD's cost $15.00

Replacement Sony Playstation 3 CD's cost $15.00

Replacement Nintendo GameCube mini CD's cost $15.00

Replacement Nintendo Wii CD's cost $15.00

Replacement Nintendo DS cartridge's cost $15.00

Replacement Nintendo Gameboy Advance cartridges cost $15.00

Replacement Microsoft Xbox CD's cost $15.00

Replacement Microsoft Xbox 360 CD's cost $15.00

Replacement Documents and manuals $7.50 per item

NOTE: To receive replacement media, you must send in the damaged CD-ROM/DVD. To qualify for the 90 day limited replacement warranty, you must send in the receipt that clearly states the date of purchase. All checks and money orders must be in U.S. funds and drawn from a U.S. bank.

Send the CD(s) and payment (if out-of-warranty) to:

LucasArts

Attn: Product Support

P.O. BOX 29908

San Francisco, CA 94129

Please attach a short note specifying that you need a replacement of the item(s) sent, with your name and address also appearing on the note.

Your customer number is <id>

Please refer to case #:: <case> if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://support.lucasarts.com. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,

<different rep> at LucasArts Technical Support

Archived