Home

So what are everyones thoughts??

csneo23

So, the highly anticipated game finally comes out.... So here it goes... I beat the game three times on the medium level difficulty and there are things that are great about it for sure, and there are things that are not so great. When I first heard that TFU was going to be a new chapter in the star wars saga I took that very seriously. What I expected was something that delivered everything that the Jedi Knight series did not. Not something necessarily that different just something much much more extreme. I found the game to be awesome in many respects. I love the lightsaber colors and the costumes are unbelievably articulate and very well done. And yes developers, I did notice the different hilt that comes with the sith stalker armor costume and it is a very cool hilt, much like exar kunn's but better. I found the purge troopers to be extra annoying though, in that you can't kill them with anything but force lightning. I however, unlike many reviewers had no problem with the set designs or repeats of the sets because I found that the levels were pretty diverse. When I found out though that only the WII would have hilts and the psp versions would have that awesome dual mode which I'm jealous of, I cursed the designers because this game was made for ps3 and xbox360. I found it incredibly frustrating that just because people have a lower system they aren't going to go all out on the xbox... Big Big mistake guys. Also to many of us have these ideas of a multiplayer which doesn't exist, and I was reading forums and people were saying "well if they do a multiplayer it will be stupid because the Jedi Knight series failed with multiplayer (which it did)". However, where is the creativity? I think the game needed all the things the other platforms had and more. Graphics were pretty good... But what about more force powers and more customization, lightsaber hilts (what about costums and hilts to d.l for ps3 and xbox360 on the market places IT IS STILL POSSIBLE). And of course a dual mode multiplayer and heres another idea for multiplayer since everyone has closed minds. How about taking turns being the jedi or sith maybe 1 or 2 people on a server at a time and then everyone else can pick what kind of enemy they are whether it be a slow but powerful purge trooper or a fast and agile storm trooper commander or shadow guard (which could be real neat, and of course picking his colors whether he's blue, red, or black my personal favorite) amongst many other enemies. And, I'm extremely sad to say it but for the next chapter in the saga the game was just way to short with not enough cinematic. And how come I can't do the purple lightning like Palpatine? And why can't I play as Darth Vader or battle damaged Darth Vader after I beat the game but I can play as Kota?? How weak!!! Certain things are very frustrating and need work because maybe my expectations were to high but I do feel that I deserved more. However, the game was great fun and I did enjoy it, I can see a lot of work and effort was put into it. I just really hope certain things that the game didn't have show up on xbox market place but I fear they wont. I dont want to see behind the scenes on the market place I want to see multiplayer patches, levels, hilts, costumes, more force powers, and a whole lot more... I am also looking forward for a number 2 but this time my expectations wont be as high depending on what happens with the market place. Rumors have it that the market place for TFU will have lots of stuff for d.l but I have heard that about many games and have seen nothing amazing come out. We shall see. Hopefully the force is with Haden Blackman and his team because the game is incomplete and needs some extra stuff sooner rather then later meaning I dont want to wait another year for a game I just waited for 2 years for. Anyone else have any advice ideas or thoughts?

Well I am having fun to but that is not the point. The point is you spend 60 bucks on a game like this and a game like call of duty 4 you expect to be playing it as long as you play call of duty 4. And without a GOOD SOLID multiplayer and more customizations and levels, it will be hard I assume to play this game for more then a week or two and that is not cool for something as awesome as star wars.

I agree with most of what you say. I think they left alot of things unpolished, like midway through the game you can't see the bonus objectives, how many force points you need total on the level for a bonus, and how many holocron's you've collected. Besides that I really didn't notice any major glitches like everyone else has. I have the 360 version and I just beat it tonight on the Sith Warrior setting and it took me about 8 hours which is short for a game like this but then again that's how long the Campaign was for Call of Duty 4.

I thought the game was awesome and using all the force powers were pretty neat especially since you couldn't use the same one on every character and you had to mix it up to see what would work for you. The combo's were cool too but I only used a handful since the farther you got the longer the button combinations were to memorize. Some part's were pretty annoying and I can't imagine how I'm gonna do it on the Sith Master setting but I'm sure then it'll take me about 12 or so hours.

As far as comparing this game and every other recent release to Call of Duty 4 is just not fair. That game I think tie's with Bioshock for the best game of 2007 but you gotta look at it and notice that they're both FPS. If Call of Duty didn't have it's MP I don't think it would of been as great a game as it is since I think the SP was pretty basic and didn't have any customization like the MP did which made it so fun. Bioshock lacked the MP but had all the customization included in it's SP so that's what made it such a good game along with it's incredible story. TFU has a great story and I think that's it strongest feature. Could it of been way longer? Yes but most games nowadays are all like that except for RPG's so I didn't expect that much from this game. I think people put this game on such a high pedestal and that's why they were let down. I also don't think any game is really worth it's $60 value unless it's a RPG or gonna have a strong MP.

Well I am having fun to but that is not the point

I don't know about you but isn't that what games are all about?

Those are my $0.02

:lsduel::duel:

I agree with most of what you say. I think they left alot of things unpolished, like midway through the game you can't see the bonus objectives, how many force points you need total on the level for a bonus, and how many holocron's you've collected. Besides that I really didn't notice any major glitches like everyone else has. I have the 360 version and I just beat it tonight on the Sith Warrior setting and it took me about 8 hours which is short for a game like this but then again that's how long the Campaign was for Call of Duty 4.

I thought the game was awesome and using all the force powers were pretty neat especially since you couldn't use the same one on every character and you had to mix it up to see what would work for you. The combo's were cool too but I only used a handful since the farther you got the longer the button combinations were to memorize. Some part's were pretty annoying and I can't imagine how I'm gonna do it on the Sith Master setting but I'm sure then it'll take me about 12 or so hours.

As far as comparing this game and every other recent release to Call of Duty 4 is just not fair. That game I think tie's with Bioshock for the best game of 2007 but you gotta look at it and notice that they're both FPS. If Call of Duty didn't have it's MP I don't think it would of been as great a game as it is since I think the SP was pretty basic and didn't have any customization like the MP did which made it so fun. Bioshock lacked the MP but had all the customization included in it's SP so that's what made it such a good game along with it's incredible story. TFU has a great story and I think that's it strongest feature. Could it of been way longer? Yes but most games nowadays are all like that except for RPG's so I didn't expect that much from this game. I think people put this game on such a high pedestal and that's why they were let down. I also don't think any game is really worth it's $60 value unless it's a RPG or gonna have a strong MP.

I don't know about you but isn't that what games are all about?

Those are my $0.02

:lsduel::duel:

I really really appreciate that you took your time with this post, I think most people nowadays lack a mind to voice an opinion. Anyway I think what you said is a very good point and that call of duty 4 is a different material and maybe this is harder to tackle. I also think that it may be true that people like me (maybe cause we are such big star wars fans), put this game on to high of a pedestal. However, I do also think that Haden Blackman was responsible for a catastrophe called "Star Wars Galaxies". Now I know that I am being critical (not about SW: Galaxies), but it is sad that so little star wars games and bond games when EA took the license, were so disappointing when their were few like goldeneye and dark force II and outcast (In my opinion one sucked, and I don't much about Academy I thought much didn't change when I played the demo), but I downloaded every mod for that game and played it out. Now my original games were Goldeneye, Half-Life, Perfect Dark, Counter-strike, Team Fortress, Unreal Tournament, Tribes II, Command and Conquer, and Day of Defeat (also a half-life mod). I also played Metal Gear Solid and loved it. These are games that shape the industry and I am very displeased with what has come out after the 90's. I feel that franchises sell out and make fast food and they take away their gourmet appetite. It's disgusting, it's all about the money and not about the fans. Like Terminator Salvation, which will probably be horrible but we will see. I don't know if Lucasarts gets a handle on itself I will keep supporting them, but the last eight years have been very disgusting besides "KOTOR", and it's just not enough...

P.S. And Lucas needs to make more movies... Like the Joker says "Did his balls drop?" Because I really wonder, sometimes it concerns me. He needs to make new scripts and give things a chance, honestly KOTOR was a story line that should have been a Trilogy, not an RPG...

It was cool, graphics good, Story actually good, although

"new guy beats Vader and Emperor" makes me physically sick

I just feel that the extended wait, the ludicrous amount of advertising, and the supposed importance of his game in the overall saga is not justified by the length, re-play value and freedom this game gives me.

A great game surely, but just too short. And I die alot in some places and have to do a hell of a lot of killing/destroying something again.... and again. The graphics are nice... Though there are other games with better. The force powers kick ass, and somehow it feels like playing and improved JKA with KOTOR maps. So ill just say, better than i expected after the demo, worse than i had hoped originally. But the game is still the best that there has lately come out and i have been able to buy. And now, back to the Raxus Prime!

I didn't mind the length of the game at all.

I like a game that i can get through in a weekend and that doesn't take up too much time.

What i DID mind was the lack of replay value.

I enjoyed playing through the game. There were a few frustrating moments and some of the boss fights were... quirky to say the least, however now that i have finished it there isn't really too much drive to go through it all again.

I DID start over again though with all my powers in tact and it is pretty fun being even more powerful, but i can imagine once i have gone through a second time there will be nothing left to do.

The game lacks a decent and visible ranking system. There is nothing in there to keep you driving and grinding to the next level which i think is its only major flaw.

The over all game play is great fun. I think the people who played it as hack and slash didn;t really get the point of the game. Once you start learning combos and so on you can be really creative with your play style and it becomes a lot of fun.

I think its a great shame that it lacks some of the modes the other platforms have... like survival mode from the PSP.

I also wish there was more wood destruction in it :-)

Ok so there isn't too much scope for wooden objects in space, but destroying the wookie village was one of the best bits in the game.

Sadly though there is nothing really worthwile to keep this game in the collection and it's already moved to the trade in pile.

Goof fun for a weekend or rental though.

It is sad that games recently have been so short. I would rather wait 10 years for a REALLY good game then get a new game every 3 years that isn't as good.

I very much enjoyed the game and I will play through many many more times. There were some glitches, but nothing that was really bad or crashed my game or anything. When they make a sequel (not sure if I spelled that right) for this game I will definetly buy it.

I don't see how combos are a weak point, I think that some of the combos are pretty cool.

I am now waiting upon a KOTOR III that has yet to be announced. I am sure they will make one...more money lol... flamthro

what really frustrates me is when you're in a room full of people shooting you and you get knocked down. it takes you a long time to get up and they still keep shooting you and you still keep taking the damage and sometimes getting knocked back down again. then by the time you do get up a good chunk of your health is gone. bah.

I have it on Wii, and the thought the ending, although interesting in terms of the overall Star Wars story, was just a bit...Meh. After all i had been through I was expecting something more.

How the nunchuck is used for the force powers is really really good, but using the Wii-mote for the lightsaber is a bit hit & miss. Any powers which required a 3, even 2 swing of the lightsaber were really difficult to get going. I never once was able to electrify my lightsaber before throwing, and only rarely could get the Sith Rage going.

I am playing it through again, with increased force powers, and am looking for all the different Lightsaber hilts (yes, we get to totally customise the appearence of our lightsaber on Wii, regardless of what costume you wear), crystals (dont think we have the level to get the black one though), and Holocrons.

But once i've done that, as it appears Wii owners don't get a choice of endings, I don't think i'd play it again.

So whilst entertaining for a weekend, I think there is very little in it to make me go back. If I was to rate it, it would be 7 out of 10. Some interesting ideas, and i'm sure the experience will be different on other consoles. I am looking forward to trying it on my brothers Xbox 360.

I sort of feel like robbed now that the first "WOWWWEEEEE" feeling has gone... 5 hours 30 mins of single play that is basically about killing people and watching videos is not very much, and there is no online game, no co op, or anything to do besides the single player. I feel even more robbed than with Jade Empire, becouse it was 10 hours of pure gold, and has replay-value. This is just 5 hours of enjoyable silver. And where did the multiple endings go? as far as ive understood, there are only two?

Add in voice acting to the strong points, and I agree with you 100%.

I thought about adding that but I felt the characters that just a handful characters showed some real good voice acting. Then again this kind of genre don't usually count with much brilliant dialogs or acting.

And where did the multiple endings go? as far as ive understood, there are only two?

To be honest, I feel that a lot that was promised wasn't delivered.

I sort of feel like robbed now that the first "WOWWWEEEEE" feeling has gone... 5 hours 30 mins of single play that is basically about killing people and watching videos is not very much, and there is no online game, no co op, or anything to do besides the single player. I feel even more robbed than with Jade Empire, becouse it was 10 hours of pure gold, and has replay-value. This is just 5 hours of enjoyable silver. And where did the multiple endings go? as far as ive understood, there are only two?

On a serious note, developers shouldn't even consider making a game without multiplayer or with a half assed multiplayer because that's what gaming is all about now. It doesn't make sense that games with more in them to be the same price. It is almost thought that single player is supplementary and it's like a preview into the game. If this game had an orignal multiplayer and made a big difference in online gaming then it would have been legendary. Same with KOTOR which is why I really hope KOTOR III is an MMO on xbox 360 because that is a game that needs to come out. Galaxies was a horrible, horrible excuse for a STAR WARS MMO!!!

I think this game is a victim of the hype monster, which LucasArts themselves started. They started the hype, and it kind of whirl winded out of control till we all expected something on the level of Jedi Knight series or KOTOR series, and its really just something completely different. That isn't necessarily bad per se, its just that the hype is what did this game the most harm.

I find it very enjoyable to play through, and I love the story. I also love the costumes and lightsaber color choices, I go with blue personally, but I'm getting off track. This game is pretty short, and I was hoping when they said it would have multiplayer that all versions would have some kind of MP, along the lines of Jedi Outcast or Academy MP, but sadly that wasn't the case. I've beaten this game on Warrior, Sith Lord, and Sith Master, and over all I'm satisfied, but I feel it could be a lot longer, and have multiplayer. I'll still replay it a few times, and enjoy it for awhile...but there was so much more potential here that could've been realized. Thankfully I've learned not to get caught up in the hype machine so I wasn't that disappointed.

Yeah Zack i think you basically summed it all up.

Its a great game and very fun to play but there needed to be much more to keep it alive.

Definitely one of better games i have played in a while in terms of story and immediate gameplay but absolutely nothing included in there to make it worth hanging onto.

I would seriously reccomend anyone still undecided about purchasing this game to instead RENT it.

I am not sure multiplayer would work here.... although it would be very fun, but they could have included the survival mode... or at least some leaderboards and better rankings.

Archived