Home

Bull Rancor

Da_man

Yeah, I having trouble with that freaking tank thing called a bull rancor. I do saber throw combined with the lightning shield for extra damage, but all that does is chip away at it. Are there any attacks that will take off more of the damn beasts health?

the best way to do it is to dash to one side of the arena with your back against the wall. When the rancor charges at you dash out of the way to avoid it at the last possible second. He will hit his head on the wall and stand stunned for a few seconds giving you enough time to slash away at it with lightning charged sabre attacks. You will have to repeat it a few times but it should be quicker than sabre throws.

Mine glitched and kept running into the wall or running in place, and I just lightning'd him to death. That was mostly what I was doing before it glitched too because I couldn't figure out any way to get close to him where he wouldn't charge at me. Sounds like the others' strategies are the way to go.

• 1 month later...

Hmm,, I locked onto him and as he charges jump and dodge to left or right putting you behind him and close to his hind quaters, then slash away adding in some lighting to the slashes as well then back up and repeat.

When the jedi girl pops out of nowhere when doing this, I just force repulse and it buys some time to get out of the way and either fight her a bit or line up the rancor again.

It makes for a good ole duel.

^^

More or less! :lol:

I found lightning to be ineffective...may just have been me. I just used tha tactic of run across the 'arena' floor, as far away from it as possible, let it charge at me, jump up and over it at the last moment, land behind and slash away until it begins to move, then force dash across the floor again, etc.

Also, when attacking, especially later on in the fight, be careful of a cloaked Maris Brood coming for you!

You guys should talk about what console you have done this one because I can tell by the responses that your responses are based on different consoles since I have experience on the Wii and the Xbox 360 versions.

The Bull Rancor in the 360 on the difficultly ones is about timing. The hardest setting I've done it one is the Sith Lord difficultly. What works for me is to get as far away as possible. Then when Bull Rancor charges - "jump" over it and dash. You will be right behind it. Then use the attack button and hold it down. You will do a saber slam on its back and then attack it from underneath. As soon as he tries to rotate, hit it with lightning to stun it. When Maris tries to ruin your routine, just use impulse to knock her out of the way - she'll go flying far away from you.

Just repeat until the combo finisher shows up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question depends on game platform. PS2 makes it impossible because the camera is fixed on the Rancor. In addition are obstacles that explode in front of you that you can't see because the camera's fixed on that thing. Best strategy is to just throw everything you can at range with force push, then charge out of the way when it comes at you. I found that to work out best.

On Xbox 360, and PS3, you have no objects to throw... those bones for some reason don't work! So everything is up to the Force and Lightsaber attacks. I did try lightning entirely and it could be done... if Maris wasn't always in the way. They seriously make Rancors more tough than they logically should be. Anyway, I would say that if you can deal with Maris when she shows up, lightning alone would be enough. I usually favor saberthrow above all the others because it's a ranged attack. One mistake and that Rancor could take most of your health because it's on top of you.

• 1 month later...

Here is how I beat him and feel free to use this strategy.

First hit it with Sith Scorcher(best if you have it at the max level) and chop down his health. Keep firing as long as you can or until the rancor hits you. As you're flying back press "B" to land safely. Force Dash behind him then double-jump, get as close to the head as possible and perform a quick two or three hand lightsaber combo from the air. Once you start to fall, do and aireal push or aireal shock. If you have those powers maxed out, it's health bar should be 1/2 to 3/4 depleted. From there, get behind it and slash out with three-handed lightsaber combos(about 3 will do if your lightsaber crystal is the amplified lightsaber damage crystal). Then finally, hit it with Sith Scorcher again to quickly zap away the rancor's remaining health.

I hope this helps.

Archived