Home

Creating Starkiller's Shien Style (along with stance)

daluke

Having played 'The Force Unleashed' today, I don't like the story greatly but the Saber style is awesome.

I realise that you can't really create a new saber style from the ground up, but I was thinking that perhaps altering the existing Niman/Staff style so that you could perform Starkiller's attacks and use his stance would create a more versatile (and a hell of a lot more interesting) addition.

Most of you will probably frown at me for suggesting the replacement of Niman/Staff, but having played OJP since the Dawn o'time (i'm that boring) I have never really seen it used, at least as a person's primary style - more like a fun style.

To add in Starkiller's Shien would, I feel, inevitably draw more attraction to the mod (not that it hasn't got attraction already, but picture someone using Shien vs Juyo for a promo vid for example - orgasmic). I also feel that it would bring SOOOO much more life to the Saber System: more cool moves is surely a bonus.

EDIT: I am so sorry. I just found out that there is already a thread on this. I just elaborated a bit, I guess :)

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Agent008.

I've been experimenting with the staff anims for a while to make it more unorthodox Shien while still retaining a staff-like feel, employing both two-handed reverse and forward grips. It's hard. Raven was pretty lazy with the staff anims and they never looked natural to begin with. I'm fixing all that, but it's a slow process.

At this rate, I pretty much am making a new saber style from the ground up...kinda. With the original staff animation as a template.

I've been experimenting with the staff anims for a while to make it more unorthodox Shien while still retaining a staff-like feel, employing both two-handed reverse and forward grips. It's hard. Raven was pretty lazy with the staff anims and they never looked natural to begin with. I'm fixing all that, but it's a slow process.

At this rate, I pretty much am making a new saber style from the ground up...kinda. With the original staff animation as a template.

From what I can gather it's a both.

Archived