Home

[KoTOR I+II] Holster Weapon(s) function (access via button or key assignment)

Xiskio

Hi,

I think it would be great to have a function attached to an interface button or a keyboard key that lets the player holster/unequip the weapons of his party. I know that I can use the equipment screen to unequip weapons, but this is a bit tedious to do for the hole party.

A holster function would by my mind greatly improve the role playing feeling. For example on Taris where my chracter is told to draw no attention and keep a low profile, it looks weird running around with drawn weapons all the time. I think that it would be cool if the player would be able to holster the parties weapons in such cases.

Hope someone finds this idea attractive enough to create such a mod.

I would be glad to help as far as I can. For example when it comes to creating an image for a button or such.

Greetings

Xiskio

UPDATE

--------

After I did some more research on this, I found out that modding KoTOR is not so different from modding NWN2, what I did a lot in the past, so I decided to start such a mod by myself (Mod Thread).

Have Fun

Xiskio

Hi,

I think it would be great to have a function attached to an interface button or a keyboard key that lets the player holster/unequip the weapons of his party. I know that I can use the equipment screen to unequip weapons, but this is a bit tedious to do for the hole party.

A holster function would by my mind greatly improve the role playing feeling. For example on Taris where my chracter is told to draw no attention and keep a low profile, it looks weird running around with drawn weapons all the time. I think that it would be cool if the player would be able to holster the parties weapons in such cases.

Hope someone finds this idea attractive enough to create such a mod.

I would be glad to help as far as I can. For example when it comes to creating an image for a button or such. Other than that I think that I can't be of great help because I do not have the slightest idea about modding KoTOR.

Greetings

Xiskio

I'm not sure about doing via a button or key. But, I do know another way to do it. :^: After I'm done with working on a couple other WIPs for a bit, I'll give this a go.

EDIT: So, you want it to unequip the whole party? Or just the party member/PC who uses it?

Hey, that would be great! :)

If you don't want to activate the function via a button or a key, how should it work?

If it would work just for the whole party, that would be great. I think there is no need to make it work for individual party members.

Some things that came to my mind:

-

Maybe an easy way to do it is by just making a switch to make the weapons of the party invisible/visible.

-

If you really unequip the weapons you have to remember which party member had which weapon(s) equipped and in which slot.

Cant wait to get my hands on such a mod.

Hey, that would be great! :)

If you don't want to activate the function via a button or a key, how should it work?

If it would work just for the whole party, that would be great. I think there is no need to make it work for individual party members.

Some things that came to my mind:

-

Maybe an easy way to do it is by just making a switch to make the weapons of the party invisible/visible.

-

If you really unequip the weapons you have to remember which party member had which weapon(s) equipped and in which slot.

Cant wait to get my hands on such a mod.

I plan to make a usable item that you can use to unequip the weapons in the user/party's hands. (I'll do two items: one that unequips the user's weapons & one that unequips the party's weapons.) I don't think there's any way to make the weapons switch between being visible or not, though.

In TSL you could could do it easily enough by leaving the second set of weapon inventory slots empty and then simply toggling between them for cutscenes and the like (assuming that is scriptable). Not sure how you'd do it for K1 though.

See the above. ;)

I plan to make a usable item that you can use to unequip the weapons in the user/party's hands. (I'll do two items: one that unequips the user's weapons & one that unequips the party's weapons.).

If I understand that correct this would mean that one would have to switch to the inventory screen and activate the item to make it work, right?

Don't get me wrong, that isn't bad at all, but it would be even better if it would be possible to access such a function directly via the GUI. Isn't it possible to create a new button in the GUI and tie a script to it?

Or how about a hotkey?

After I did some more research on this, I found out that modding KoTOR is not so different from modding NWN2, what I did a lot in the past, so I decided to start such a mod by myself (Mod Thread).

are you saying you can see them holstered or that the just disappear and can be brought back with a key?

The plan is to make them appear holstered on the character models. For more info, have a look at my new mod thread.

Have Fun

Xiskio

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean. I desire much the same thing. I have already found a solution for TSL that keeps my interest enough. Even though you don't see the weapons I just hit the switch weapons button on my keyboard to holster my weapon(I always keep the second slot empty so when I switch weapons it goes to melee mode). I think it would be easier if you could make something similar to the switch weapons comand for K1 like there is in TSL. Of course that would involve alot of scripting which I am absolutely no good at.

Archived