Home

Easter eggs, references, etc!

Thrik

Further Iron Maiden references:

"A number of the beasts" and "Flowerslave", referencing the "The Number of the Beast" and "Powerslave" albums, obviously.

Man, they really, really wanted to get Maiden for this, I guess.

Can't believe I missesd those. :thmbup1:

• 3 weeks later...

I stumbled upon another reference the other day:

One of Rima's quotes, should she happen to be near the stage when her team wins a multiplayer match, is "History shows again and again how nature shows up the folly of man". This is, of course, a direct quote of Blue Öyster Cult's "Godzilla".

• 3 weeks later...

The drowning dooms reaper is mostly likely a reference to the band grim reaper, who has a grim reaper mounted on a horse on there " see you in hell" album

Also the grave diggers name seems to be take from the german power metal band grave digger

The druids of the tainted coil seems to be moddeld after gammarays hodded demon mascot Fangface

the titans in the underworld and on the hammers of infinitive fate stage looks like Dio´s demon Murray

The sealed Legends are an obvious reference to Dio. They're pretty much a mix between the devil silhouette that appears in the original Holy Diver music video, and the "Master of the moon" album cover.

Master of the moon cover:

48694.jpeg

I couldn't find a picture of the silhouette, but here's the Holy Diver album cover. It's not as obvious, but it's pretty much the same anyways.

album-holy-diver-live.jpg

Also.. do you think the Bleeding Deaths(the creatures summoned by Dovicolus at the Pleasure Dome)might be a grudge thing against Iron Maiden for not wanting to be in the game? You know... this whole being sealed inside an actual iron maiden and all.. probably not, but it IS fun to think about ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

A little later when you get the altar... leg... car... thing, if you randomly stop as you're going down corpse mountain Eddy starts guessing at lines of his 'evil' prayer.

Actually on the altar... leg... car... thing, if you just dont go anywhere hell do that.... then walk a little bit and he'll say more stuff if you just take it slow... but thats also in the real game... just sayin :comp9:

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Needs Metallica references.

[/thread]

You clearly haven't even played the game, there are several references to Mctallica even in the early stages (go to start of thread and read).

F***k Metallica anyway. They are the biggest joke in music history.

Megadeth rules

• 1 month later...

Archived