Home

Brutal Legend?

Thrik

Welcome to the darkest, most brutal LucasForums forum yet. This place is for discussion of Brutal Legend, the awesome metal-themed game from Tim Schafer; you may remember him from such releases as The Secret of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, and Psychonauts.

For more information about Brutal Legend than could possibly be crammed into this sticky, head over to BRUTAL! The Legendary Fan Site. :D

Although it's still yet to be officially confirmed, it does seem that way. See here:

http://www.brutallegend.net/frequently-asked-questions/#publisher_problems

Brutal Legend was originally being published by Sierra Entertainment, which was owned by Vivendi Games. In 2008, Vivendi Games and Activision — another publisher — merged to form a new company: Activision Blizzard. Sierra Entertainment thus became a subsidary of Activision Blizzard, and in the process a lot of games across the entire new company were shelved.

All reports indicate that Brutal Legend was one of these games, and it’s not clear what exactly the situation is at the moment. An interview with Tim Schafer in August 2008 revealed that Brutal Legend development is continuing as normal, and that Double Fine may be actively re-pitching the game to new investors.

It's worth bearing in mind that unlike a lot of the titles scrapped by Activision Blizzard, Double Fine fully own the rights to Brutal Legend. The publisher can only pull out; they can't actually cancel the game.

It pays to never take anything for granted, but I'll be very surprised if Double Fine can't find a new partner. At the very worst, they've got services like Steam to fall back on.

As a general FYI, development of the game is still ongoing and the official word from Schafer is that "Brutal Legend is fine".

New forum? Sweet.

I call mod powers. =D

I ,alas, can't get the game. Unless we fix my 360 of the red light of death.

Are you still under warranty? If you are, just ring XBOX customer service, and send it in to them, they'll pay, and you'll get it back in 2 weeks, like me, and get probably 1 or 6 mnths of XBOX Live.

Are you still under warranty? If you are, just ring XBOX customer service, and send it in to them, they'll pay, and you'll get it back in 2 weeks, like me, and get probably 1 or 6 mnths of XBOX Live.

My brother trying to get me not to. Say's he can fix it. All he'd need is "a towl, paper clips, and possibly a fire extinguisher".

My mom wasn't very fond of his idea.....

Also, Thrik, you modding this place too?

Sure am. :)

And yeah zelda, I'd definitely get that sent off to Microsoft if I were you. Once it red rings there's not really much you can do about it; even if it starts working again, it'll most probably only be temporary.

Most of the red rings are caused by the hardware in the console physically getting too hot and causing some of the stuff holding it together to melt & come apart, so it's a no-going-back type of breakage. :(

Sure am. :)

And yeah zelda, I'd definitely get that sent off to Microsoft if I were you. Once it red rings there's not really much you can do about it; even if it starts working again, it'll most probably only be temporary.

Most of the red rings are caused by the hardware in the console physically getting too hot and causing some of the stuff holding it together to melt & come apart, so it's a no-going-back type of breakage. :(

When thrik tells you to send it in, it's going in. D:

Alright, I'll find the number tonight.

For some reason,i can't stop liking the color theme in this forum!:naughty:

It is mind-blowing.:monkbomb:

Wonder how the game is going to be itself....

Not as eye-blowing as Sam&Max's color theme.

Man this forum just makes me want to go out and get a piercing. Does a cavity filling count?

As a general FYI, development of the game is still ongoing and the official word from Schafer is that "Brutal Legend is fine".

Hehe...

Double Fine.

Anyways, looks like an interesting game. When (or if) I get a 360, this is going in the cart, right next to it. Along with Mass Effect if I don't get it for the PC.

Can't wait to see what Tim has in mind for this game.

I really hope someone picks up this game Tim Schaefer definitely deserves to get commercially successful games. Physconauts deserved to sell millions. Also whichever company is smart enough to pick this game up should publish the Conduit while their at it.

edit: Good on EA for publishing it and **** Activision for suing, and thanks SEGA for publishing Conduit.

• 8 months later...

Archived