Home

Alex Irvine to write first KotOR novel

Char Ell

Alex Irvine has announced on his blog that as a result of the recent renewal of the contract between LucasBooks and Del Rey he will be writing the first KotOR novel. Mr. Irvine has indicated the book's timeline will be set immediately prior to the events of Knights of the Old Republic though he doesn't say if he is referring to the comic book series or the video game. Mr. Irvine's novel is currently scheduled for release in the fall of 2010. Here's to anxious hope for the successful expansion of the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic franchise.

via TheForce.Net

StarWars.com

I dislike the comics, myself so I hope this is about the game. In any case, this should add some good content to work with for fanfiction. In any case, KotOR-era literature is something I'm interested in reading, as much as I had given up on Star Wars books. xD

/yes, I know that Thrawn trilogy is awesome and I should read it.

I'm just glad this won't be counted as a Kotor III and it's wrote prior.

Otherwise my Thesaurus would've got a dusting and LA would've received a very intellectually written letter just completely full of obscenities. All arranged in a nicely formatted setting, of course.

Will be sure to get the book however. If I ever see it around my area.

I'll wait till I see some plot synopsis before I make a decision, I know it's only a brief statement but he's gonna need more than a summer in 77' to get a KotOR era Novel right, there's GAotS, TotJ, KotOR I-II and the current comics to blend in with and hopefully compliment. But it sounds great and I'll def be Buyin!

At least it's a fresh blood writer, let's see how cool he can make this! It's not even impossible to make a first person Revan novel. After all, there are no pictures in those books...and the Revan from before Kotor 1 is pretty much a 'set' canon character, whilst the Kotor 1 revan is open for imagination. :)

I'd hate to see the Legacy writers take this on. Getting sick of the way they wrote down the franchise.

I'm hoping for the best for this novel but it seems somewhat strange to me to think that the lead writer for KotOR is penning Darth Bane novels and another author will be writing not only the first KotOR novel but his first Star Wars novel as well. If the KotOR novel is to be set immediately before the events of the video game I would have preferred Karpyshyn but what's done is done and I wish Mr. Levine the best in this landmark endeavor. I'm almost guaranteed to buy this book whenever it comes out in paperback. :D

I say about freaking time the EU actually started delving into the KotOR Era. If we're lucky, we may get some canonical information on Revan or the Exile.
Apart from the Bane novels, the UE has been in the KOTOR with the comics for quite a while. It has plenty of information regarding the early days of Revan, Carth, Vandar, Vrook, Karath, the biker gangs, and others. There is quite a bit of detail about the times just as the mandalorians start to invade...

One of these days I hope that George Lucas would give someone permission to make a movie based on the first game also.

I'd say a TV series is more likely than a film, but I share the feeling!

This book sounds... interesting. Like others, I think i'll wait to hear more, but i'm glad of one thing...

IT'S NOT BEING WRITTEN BY TRAVISS!

Sorry, just needed to get that out of my system. :p

Revan & the Exile singing christmas carols does sound exciting, though...

And maybe they'll wrap it up with a nice showtune and an Atton dream sequence featuring Jefforson Starship to add a little excitement as well.

This sounds exciting, I'm praying that is is based off the game though- I like the comics fair enough but I'd rather not read a novelized version of something I've already read, or don't feel like reading without comic pictures. =P

Archived