Home

Alex Irvine to write first KotOR novel

Char Ell

I really hope the novel is based on the first KOTOR game. One of these days I hope that George Lucas would give someone permission to make a movie based on the first game also.
I'd say a TV show would be better. You'd have to strip out a lot of stuff for a film. But then again, a lot of the side quests should be stripped out. :)

A KotOR error movie is a nice idea, but would NEVER be able to live up to our expectations. :lol:
Well, it would depend on how closely whoever would do it followed the story, getting good actors (if they did it live action), or hire the original voice actors if not. It would also depend on well they handle the "revelation" scene. You definitely got to go light side on this one because a good redemption story would sell along with a good twist.

A basic idea would be to start around the time where Bastila's strike team boards Revan's flagship and after the betrayal, I would cut it showing Bastila having to make a choice and then have a text message letting you know it's been a year and then show the scene where Bastila requested to have "our hero" transferred on the Endar Spire and go from there.

If you think about it though, the media would tear a kotor movie to shreds. A movie about one man being the hero, a climactic battle to destroy a colossal space station at the end, Vandar, etc. These things are unique to us but the media will draw a dumb line between these and the original films and instantly say that it had no originality, Star Wars is dying etc.

But who cares about them. Make it Shem!

or hire the original voice actors if not.

I'd suggest getting Ed Asner's sorted out quickly. Not that I think his age is a problem, mind.

A basic idea would be to start around the time where Bastila's strike team boards Revan's flagship and after the betrayal, I would cut it showing Bastila having to make a choice and then have a text message letting you know it's been a year and then show the scene where Bastila requested to have "our hero" transferred on the Endar Spire and go from there.

That sounds like a pretty good idea - one I think would work pretty well.

See, it would be the perfect idea to have this novel be about Revan and Malak. That would take the pressure off of Dark Horse to put them in their comics since they'd have to give Revan a canonical face, thus ruining the feeling of him being a personal character for many fans. If the comic follows Revan, they wouldn't have to mention what he looks like, and readers can envision him looking however they wish.

I'd say a TV show would be better. You'd have to strip out a lot of stuff for a film. But then again, a lot of the side quests should be stripped out. :)
Well, you can make a 2 hour movie with the basic plot of happens in the game. The thing is you will have to cut out a lot of side quests. Like after escaping the Endar Spire, have Carth and "our hero" skip doing the dueling arena, skip having to find a costume to get to the lower city, skip collecting the bounties, skip finding the Rakghoul disease cure. You get the idea.

So when the escape pod crashes, it crashes in the lower city instead of the upper city and Carth takes our hero and hides in an abandoned apartment there. After waking up and getting to the chase, you run into Mission who is in trouble and she explains she needs to get Big Z back. You help find him and he pledges the life debt. You learn about Gadon and Mission takes you to him and learn about Bastila's fate from there. You enter into the swoop race (skip finding the accelerator) and win Bastila's freedom, even if you end up killing Brejik.

You catch the attention of Canderous and he then offers you the deal and you purchase T3-M4, break into the Sith base and get the codes and then go to Davik's base and escape just before Malak bombards the planet. There's Taris in a reasonable time period and you have a strong beginning.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived