Home

PC boycott?

Lucasarts,

I saw the trailer for this game, loved it, and i thought - "i'll have to go out and buy that!". :clap2:

Any guesses for how gutted and annoyed i was that this game IS NOT ON THE PC? I have just trawled through a massive discussion blog about this with thousands (if not tens of thousands) of PC gamers venting their frustration. I love Star Wars and i want to play this game, but i refuse point blank to buy a console just to play it when my hardware absolutely creams any console out there - period. The same could be said for the majority of PC users who now have entry level PC's that easily match the performance of most consoles.

That this game is not being released for the PC is a kick in the teeth, but to release it on the Nintendo DS? The Wii? PSP2? (so the reason for non PC release isn't hardware specifications then!)- what are you thinking? :confused: I'ts just ridiculous and comparative to kicking people when they are down! Add to this the rather unfunny and insulting April fools news article that it would be released, and you have a rather angry mob of PC users on your hands! :mad1

Bearing in mind that PC gamers have supported Lucasarts for far longer than console users, we generally see this as a betrayal and ignorance to the vast market that is the PC gamer. Myself and most PC users will be boycotting Lucasarts titles in the forseeable future until you see the error of your ways and make amends by releasing this and future titles for the PC. We also demand that the person/s responsible are put in the stocks so we can all line up and throw rotten fruit at them until they apologise.

I would only want to get this game on PC only if we had a chance to mod the game. :D

Well yeah, that's the entire reason why I want it as well. And the first thing I hope someone takes care of is the unsettling lack of lightsaber dismemberment.

Well, extra content is also a huge factor for me. It'd be great if they decide to make an uber version of the game for PC with all of the additional levels from the Wii and PS2 versions, as well as a two-player battle mode and the PSP's "historical duels."

And yes, you will be wasting your time with a boycott and will only make yourself angrier since you will be missing out on all of the hot new Star Wars games.

Lucasarts,

Hi, welcome to Lucasforums. :) This is a centralized set of forums for a collection of Lucasarts fan sites. In case this was meant to be directed to Lucasarts themselves, you can find them at http://forums.lucasarts.com. Rest assured though, there's a fair number of people here who were upset about TFU not coming to the PC platform, myself included. ;)

emot-words.gif

Blah blah, blabla blah bla BLAH. This melodramatic fluff has all been regurgitated before. I can understand people being upset (I myself am not thrilled), but when the PC players turn into PC Crusaders and start writing essays about how LA "BETRAYED" the player base, I start to wonder if any of them actually take themselves seriously, or are just "going with the flow" of their colleagues (or whatever).

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree with you! Although PC is not the best place to play Force Unleashed (since the controls will be very complicated on PC), but, surely it will be very fun! (IMO)

When I first heard about this game, I told many gamers at my school about it. They checked it on the internet, AND THEY HELL LIKED IT. We waited for this game. But, we actually didn't know that it won't be released on PC:D. So, all that time waiting... POINTLESS. Well, some of my friends bought that game... FOR PS2 (Arrgh!)... And they make me that don't have a console... JEALOUS! I can only watch the cinematics at Youtube... And the cinematics make me even more jealous!

And, I want to ask a little question : Does the people in Lucasarts actually 'LOOK AT OUR POSTS?' Because, uh, in the Halowars forum, I have post threads that tell Bungie to develop Halowars for PC... And the people there also said that there are dozens of people telling Bungie the same thing... And yet, do any of you people see news, or anything that tells you 'HALOWARS IS GOING TO BE RELEASED ON PC!!!'? Are the people here more differrent? Or are they the same?

By the way, sorry for the bad English... And sorry if I said something wrong... Or annoying... Or offensing...:xp:

Lol, yeah...It won't change anything if you get a couple of your buddies together boycott Lucasarts. Also, how is it betrayal when Lucasarts is making a game for pretty much everything you can play a game on except PC?! THEY are making the game! THEY have a choice what systems to make the game for! Give it a rest already!!!

Blame downloaders.

I'm not a saint, but I make enough money and buy my entrainment.

Most people who are nagging now have 25 forums accounts and boycott it. Exactly the same people who (I believe) caused it in the first place.

So, unlucky, but blame the downloaders. Not Lucasarts.

Example:

Ubisoft only sold 40.000 copies of Assassins Creed for the PC. To 700.000 (estimated, they put a 'crash' function in the pre-gold builds, they traced the number of dl from the 'infamous' sites) downloads.

Is it then worth to create a PC version? No. I don't blame them.

• 2 weeks later...
The reason its not on the PC is because the PC has trouble running the Euphoria physics engine used in the game.

Wherever this reason came from, it's a load of rubbish. GTA IV, which uses Euphoria, is coming out on PC. The Euphoria minsite states it is for PC, and to begin with, Euphoria would have been designed, coded, and probably even tested on a PC before any consoles.

Actually, I approve of the idea of it not being avilable for the PC. It would just be modded like every other game - that is, if the PC was able to run the Engine.

Why would "modding" the game be bad? Some PC games well over 10 years old are only still played because of the efforts of modders. Also, the PC could easily handle TFU. People must remember that "this generation" of Consoles were effectively designed and their specifications set in stone in 2006. While the average PCs of that time were only on par, or even below spec, by now, they are a hell of a lot more powerful in all departments.

Why would "modding" the game be bad? Some PC games well over 10 years old are only still played because of the efforts of modders. Also, the PC could easily handle TFU. People must remember that "this generation" of Consoles were effectively designed and their specifications set in stone in 2006. While the average PCs of that time were only on par, or even below spec, by now, they are a hell of a lot more powerful in all departments.

IMO, I don't think modding TFU would improve the game - it would ruin it. Once again, it's my opinion.:D

The thing is, I do like it when games are modded, but TFU is an exception, really.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, Star Wars games were good for PC from, let's see, 1995-2003. Then they started going downhill and the creators, developers, and publishers said "Our PC sales aren't doing well. Let's make a vow never to make another Star Wars game for the PC!" while the employees chanted "Amen!". And that, my fellow PC-gamers, is why there will never (I repeat, never) be another Star Wars game for the PC! :lol:

Consoles dominate most games these days. If you want to keep up with PC games, you have to buy a really really good PC with high specs and a perfect video card. And the way I see it, why not buy the game for $50.00-$60.00 instead of $3,000+, mmkay?

Besides, the only games I ever bought for PC were Empire At War, Jedi Academy, Galactic Battlegrounds, Force Commander, and Galaxies -__-

I mean come on...It is actually easier to make a game for a PC believe it or not.

actually, it's much more difficult because of the extreme diversity in the PC "platform".

Wherever this reason came from, it's a load of rubbish. GTA IV, which uses Euphoria, is coming out on PC.

GTA IV's euphoria is a less robust version, iirc. not entirely sure but that could be part of the reason.

don't forget DMM either, lol.

Meh, Star Wars games were good for PC from, let's see, 1995-2003. Then they started going downhill and the creators, developers, and publishers said "Our PC sales aren't doing well. Let's make a vow never to make another Star Wars game for the PC!" while the employees chanted "Amen!". And that, my fellow PC-gamers, is why there will never (I repeat, never) be another Star Wars game for the PC! :lol:

DAMN, that makes sense!

Archived