Home

Ataru suggestion

Alexman113

I feel with two fixes that ataru could be a force to be reckoned with.

1. Change the current DFA controls to the same a the red jump attack, in this instance being the djemso jump or the juyo twirl, and give ataru the conventional DFA as well on the now free DFA control.

2.Retool the animations in the Ataru dfa to actaully do something. I did a test. I stood in front of someone and did the dfa at them, since it is no good at hitting grounded opponents, and I swun at them and it did nothing.

Tell me if these claims are unrealistic or if I am misinformed. Just thought I would provide some feedback for what I feel would better the mod. I know almost nothing about coding. If this is unrealistic because of some issue I dont know about then please relay this to me. Thanks.

I feel with two fixes that ataru could be a force to be reckoned with.

1. Change the current DFA controls to the same a the red jump attack, in this instance being the djemso jump or the juyo twirl, and give ataru the conventional DFA as well on the now free DFA control.

2.Retool the animations in the Ataru dfa to actaully do something. I did a test. I stood in front of someone and did the dfa at them, since it is no good at hitting grounded opponents, and I swun at them and it did nothing.

Tell me if these claims are unrealistic or if I am misinformed. Just thought I would provide some feedback for what I feel would better the mod. I know almost nothing about coding. If this is unrealistic because of some issue I dont know about then please relay this to me. Thanks.

I didn't see the part of the code that dictates DFAs, but if razorace could make yellow DFA accessible for all styles, it shouldn't be a problem to add it to Duals. I may have to retool the animation to support dual blades, but that shouldn't be too hard. The Dual DFA with the twirly jump can probably be modified so that the sabers have a wider attack range, although it may be possible to give the Dual DFA a stronger attack damage attribute. It might be that the Dual DFA not doing attack damage may be a bug...caught at least two bugs involving Duals last night.

I know that me and you talked about this last night in the Cf server. I feel that if the current DFA was set to the red jump attack button combination that it could stay as well as integrate the yellow DFA into the style to the default DFA combination. Just a thought.

Any hope of something like this coming to pass? I will keep my fingers crossed.

Archived