HK-47 versus General Grievous

Endorenna

Who would win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lightsabers are not the Be-All, End-All weapon.

Wiser words can't be spoken... Lightsabers have their respective uses, yes. But to have that as your only weapon is folly, even for as Jedi. Whilst Obi-Wan thought them uncivilized a ranged weapon can save your arse, even old Obi-Wan has to admit that.

In the PnP RPG I had several characters, whilst each were very powerful in the force, they were not without a ranged weapon of some type on their person, in addition to their lightsaber(s).

Sorry for the derailment... my mind wanders sometimes. ;)

On topic, whilst Grevious' armoured plating is resistant to lasers/blasters it isn't resistant to disruptors or plasma weapons... let alone a good old-fashioned high velocity armour-piercing slug thrower. :D

I am sure that if h.k snuck up and did some rapid shots in the same spot on the armour eventually it would melt

If you were getting shot by someone in the exact same spot wouldn't you protect said spot or move away?

Plus I don't think armor melts. It erodes or breaks away but I don't think blaster fire is hot enough to actually melt specific kinds of metal.

Plasma Grenade=Goodbye, General :)

HK could probably get it close enough to the gut sack in Grievous' chest that it would be over very, very fast. :D

Yeah before General Grievous has his 4 lightsabers and saws his head off right? Remember how easily he killed things in clone wars and Episode 3? I remember thinking Grievous was some sort of unstoppable killing machine

In Episode 3, when Anakin and Obi-wan were both about to attack him, what did he do? He ran. Fast. Why? He knew he couldn't handle two powerful Jedi at once. I'm still wondering how the heck he did it on Hypori. HK has killed several powerful Jedi. He could take Grievous. All he has to do is flamethrow him or throw a grenade at him. What would out dear cyborg do about a grenade? He'd catch it. :lol: (jk)

On Utapau, he survived because of his big bad machine with the claws. :D

In Episode 3, when Anakin and Obi-wan were both about to attack him, what did he do? He ran. Fast. Why? He knew he couldn't handle two powerful Jedi at once. I'm still wondering how the heck he did it on Hypori. HK has killed several powerful Jedi. He could take Grievous. All he has to do is flamethrow him or throw a grenade at him. What would out dear cyborg do about a grenade? He'd catch it. :lol: (jk)

On Utapau, he survived because of his big bad machine with the claws. :D

Grievous knew that the battle in the beginning of Episode 3 was clearly outmatched. Since his bodyguards could only hold the jedi back on that extremely small bridge on a ship that was being attacked by hundreds of small fighters. So what did he do? He immediately thought of a plan he believed would easily kill them. Obviously break out through the bridge and cause the ship to blindly smash into the planet while he cleverly escapes. However he didn't expect that Anakin could land half of the ship.

Grievous got all of his lightsabers for one reason. He stole them from jedi who attempted to take him down. I think he would have a plan if a grenade was coming at him. (You have to wonder what would happen if Hk-47 had a grenade thrown at him)

Grievous knew that the battle in the beginning of Episode 3 was clearly outmatched. Since his bodyguards could only hold the jedi back on that extremely small bridge on a ship that was being attacked by hundreds of small fighters. So what did he do? He immediately thought of a plan he believed would easily kill them. Obviously break out through the bridge and cause the ship to blindly smash into the planet while he cleverly escapes. However he didn't expect that Anakin could land half of the ship.

All right, I'll give you that one.

Grievous got all of his lightsabers for one reason. He stole them from jedi who attempted to take him down. I think he would have a plan if a grenade was coming at him.

He'd probably think up something. I was joking about catching the grenade.

(You have to wonder what would happen if Hk-47 had a grenade thrown at him)

:lol: Dive, dive! :lol:

Actually, he'd probably throw it back. :lol:

The suit, built of Durasteel and armorplast-plated Duranium, was built to resemble Krath war droids. His armorplast plates were strong enough to stop a bolt from even a starfighter's laser cannon.

Source

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
I have no idea how credible that is though...

• 2 weeks later...

I could just see HK-47 steping out of the shadows after something happened to rob greivous of this arms and legs.

And as he advances, blaster rifle in hand, HK-47 says something like "Mocking query: Are you all right, general? You seem to have suffered a series of flawlessly timed explosions.

Statement: You were very lucky to survive them.

Statement: But your luck has run out."

And then shoots grievous.

HK-47 can't use adjectives when describing his sentences. Why can no one remember that except me?

It would probably be something like this:

"Mockery: Are you all right, general? You seem to have suffered a series of flawlessly timed explosions."

As he uses that method when making fun of Carth and Revan in TSL.

The general wins this hands down. His cybernetic brain allows him to have a vast knowledge of light combat forms/maneuvers. He can adapt and copy an opponent's strategy/form mid fight as he replicates Mace Windu's Vapaad form with a near perfect copy(if you know about vapaad then you know why Grievous can't copy it perfectly. His armor can also defend against glancing blows from a lightsaber and he was able to spin the sabers up to 20 blades a second. He is also incredibly fast as he was seen in the CW cartoon dodging numerous missiles fired only at from a gunship and fire from 3 arc troopers.

How do you measure spinning by 'blades'?

I got it from the ROTS novel what I meant to say is that his blades can strike at twenty strikes per second.

After all, he had often walked unscathed through hornet-swarms of blasterfire, defended only by the Force's direction of his blade; countering twelve blows per second was only difficult, not impossible. His blade wove an intricate web of angles and curves, never truly fast but always just fast enough, each motion of his lightsaber subtly interfering with three or four or eight of the general's strikes, the rest sizzling past him, his precise, minimal shifts of weight and stance slipping them by centimeters.

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-sixteen per second, eighteen-until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack.

he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack.

Didn't seem like that in the movie, but that may just be me.

From my point of view, Grivous hacked away at Obi who managed to cut 2 of Grievous' sabers while defending himself. Simply because he is better at lightsaber combat.

HK-47 can't use adjectives when describing his sentences. Why can no one remember that except me?

He can so, or at least the HK-50 models can. Strait from K2:

"Mocking query: Corta, corta are you dead yet?"

"Smug statement: I belive I forgot to mention that I reversed the turbolift codes, in case you managed to get this far."

Yea, it definitely didn't look like that in the movie. That was not twenty strikes a second. More like...two?

Of course it did, we can't perceive twenty strikes per second hell, in the novels the characters are described as moving as blurs at times but we can't see that with human eyes.

Archived