Endorenna

Who would win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its so difficult question to answer becuase the movie's vision for Grevious is worlds apart from his EU portrayal. In the Clone Wars cartoon (at least) he was devastating and clsoe to unstopable, but its more than a case of just exagerated stylizing that everyone had in the cartoon, he was intended to be a monsterous force that was relentless and powerful. In the movie he was just an imposing but cowardly cybernetic general.

• 3 weeks later...
C-3PO owns them both!

how do you propose that would happen? Do you think that 3P0 would just anoy both of them to death?

I still think that HK-47 would own Grevious. Grevious just doesn't seem like the tactition that HK-47 is. Not too mention that revan would have given his personal droid some of his own tactics and strategies.

how do you propose that would happen? Do you think that 3P0 would just anoy both of them to death?

I still think that HK-47 would own Grevious. Grevious just doesn't seem like the tactition that HK-47 is. Not too mention that revan would have given his personal droid some of his own tactics and strategies.

HK is the man, but

have you seen grievous' abilities? like in the clone wars animated series?

i like hk way better, but going by what i know, grievous wins.

I agree with TKA. Face to face, Grievous would probably win. I don't doubt HK's cunning, but I'm not sure about his speed and dextery. Clearly, Grievous has more human-like movements, therefore being more agile.

Knowing HK modus operandi though, he'd probably disguise as one of GG doids aides and wait for the best moment to strike at Grievous. Then he would win.

Rakata, he's DONE that. Actually, according to him, he's shot people through the knees from 120 kilometers away. With an Aratech Sniper Rifle. With a trilights cope.

I was under impression he used that as a metaphor to describe his point of view on 'love'. He never says he done that, actually.

Ok. HK is an assassin droid, not a battle droid. Do you realize that every theory that he gives to us are assassin methods? Assassins are weak in open combat. GG will rush in and stab HK's processor. End of the story. Case closed. No need for thermal detonators. GG is able to fight 5 Jedi at once. Can HK do that? No. HK can give a Jedi a trouble using a blaster. Can GG do that? Yes, he does that against Kenobi. GG can survive a crush from Mace Windu. Can HK do that? No. HK can kill Jedi with gas bomb. Can GG do that? GG can jump high and stab the Jedi on the head. GG can mock Jedi and make them cowards. Can HK do that? No. GG suceed in kidnapping Palpatine. Can HK do that ?No way.GG can dodge many things, including missiles. Can HK do that? Hell no. GG outclasses HK in every way.

For you to know, I'm not a GG fanboy. And game mechanics are non-canon. Check forums such as killermovies to find out about things like this.

I think we need a forum for versus fight.

Which is what cheeses me off about the new Clone Wars series. Grievous has the strategy of a swamp rat and seems about as skilled a fighter as Luke in his frst lightsaber training session.

I've been noticing that too. All he's using is brute force, and the only thing smart about him is that he can notice when he's lost and can escape.

HK-47 would never let it come face to face. I think he'd booby trap Grievous' fighter, then wait and escape another way.

Proof?

Have you played K1? "Statement: Gaurds give up, meat bag! Assassin droids hunt down your entire family tree!"

*Anyone who wants to tell me "but how?" just remember the HK-50 droid that tried to kill you on the Peragus Mining Facility...

That was an HK-50, not an HK-47.

Grievous has the strategy of a swamp rat

Can anyone cite an example or two of Grievous' supposedly brilliant strategic/tactical capabilities? Because as far as I know, there are no specific examples.

Can anyone cite an example or two of Grievous' supposedly brilliant strategic/tactical capabilities? Because as far as I know, there are no specific examples.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

read, learn. Yeah okay details are lacking because unlike real life you can't find every last detail of a battle. Still, Grievous is shown to be the driving force behind the Separatists victories, at the rate Grievous loses battles in the new series, the Clone Wars would be over in a few weeks.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

read, learn. Yeah okay details are lacking because unlike real life you can't find every last detail of a battle. Still, Grievous is shown to be the driving force behind the Separatists victories

I'm not asking for every last detail of a battle; I'm instead asking for at least one detail of any battle. And no, he is not shown to be their driving force; he is said to be the driving force, with no actual details given, and with no details, no effective evidence. People make the same assumptions about Revan, I've noticed.

I'm not asking for every last detail of a battle; I'm instead asking for at least one detail of any battle. And no, he is not shown to be their driving force; he is said to be the driving force, with no actual details given, and with no details, no effective evidence. People make the same assumptions about Revan, I've noticed.

it's a STORY, where people come up with fantastic things to TELL you, saying that being TOLD he was a great general and strategic mastermind isn't enough is like saying the there's no proof for the Extended Universe 'cause msot if it is in written in novels, not shown in movies or comics or toons.

it's a STORY, where people come up with fantastic things to TELL you, saying that being TOLD he was a great general and strategic mastermind isn't enough is like saying the there's no proof for the Extended Universe 'cause msot if it is in written in novels, not shown in movies or comics or toons.

No, it isn't like that. You're talking like there's never been opportunities to demonstrate Grievous' skills, which is false. Of course saying he was good isn't enough. Lots of other characters have had their skills and traits demonstrated, like Palpatine's ability to manipulate others, Thrawn's insight into species via their art, Darth Malak's ruthlessness, Exar Kun's arrogance, Jerec's lust for power, Carth Onasi's stupidity, Joruus C'boath's insanity, and so on. Grievous' supposed tactical/strategic ability has certainly been alluded to, but not actually demonstrated, and that's why one should not automatically assume that he is a genius in that department.

Archived