HK-47 versus General Grievous

Endorenna

Who would win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it isn't like that. You're talking like there's never been opportunities to demonstrate Grievous' skills, which is false. Of course saying he was good isn't enough. Lots of other characters have had their skills and traits demonstrated, like Palpatine's ability to manipulate others, Thrawn's insight into species via their art, Darth Malak's ruthlessness, Exar Kun's arrogance, Jerec's lust for power, Carth Onasi's stupidity, Joruus C'boath's insanity, and so on. Grievous' supposed tactical/strategic ability has certainly been alluded to, but not actually demonstrated, and that's why one should not automatically assume that he is a genius in that department.

Wait, how can you take into account what you're being TOLD about Thrawn or Exar Kun in a book, and NOT take into account what's being TOLD about Grievous in various writings, shows, ect....

I mean, do you really want to see a 600 page novel describing ship maneuvers and tactical movements under Grieveous' command? Is the lack of something EXPLICITY explaining why he's the best the problem? You know as well as I do you're never going to see that, so you have to work with what we all work it, that Grievous is the best at what he does because all the other characters say he is.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with you people?

Compared to Grievous, HK-47 is about FOUR THOUSAND YEARS OUTDATED!!!! Just because HK has blasters doesn't mean he wins. Grievous may not be able to reflect shots well, but he has 4 lightsabers. And he's a real warrior. HK is just a droid, and so has limited strategies and plans to use against Grievous, while Grievous is a sentient humanoid with a brain, as well as decades of training and fighting as a war hero. And lightsaber proof armor. :xp:

No, Grievous' armor was blaster-resistant, not lightsaber-proof, else Obi-Wan wouldn't have been able to cut his hands off in ROTS.

Right. Therefore, if it was blaster-proof, then HK-47 can't technically hurt him?

Mines and traps you say? I'm positive Grievous can sneak around them! You know? Sneak up on HK through the bushes, then chop him in hundreds of tiny pieces with his lightsabers.

How's this sound? HK pretends to be a protocol droid to get near Grievous, and when Grievous has his back to him, he plunges his hand between Grievous' plates and into his gutsack. Grievous, naturally, reacts by chopping off HK's head. But, though dead, HK's tenacious little claw stays clamped around Grievous' heart, soon ending the career of our intrepid general. My money's on R2.

How's this sound? HK pretends to be a protocol droid to get near Grievous, and when Grievous has his back to him, he plunges his hand between Grievous' plates and into his gutsack. Grievous, naturally, reacts by chopping off HK's head. But, though dead, HK's tenacious little claw stays clamped around Grievous' heart, soon ending the career of our intrepid general. My money's on R2.

What if they're both in a field 40 feet from each other? Just a simple fight. HK-47 gets his little sniper-repeater rifle, and Grievous his 4 lightsabers. Naturally, Grievous has all 4 retracted, and would keep spinning them in front of him while he runs twords HK. He then slips on a puddle, and falls down. HK throws a nice Thermal Detonator at him. Grievous gets blown up, guts and parts going everywhere. His head is flinged at HK, and hits him, then explodes, killing HK. Then, R2 saves the cheerleader at the end. :xp:

• 3 weeks later...

In a simple straight-up fight, Grievous wins. That's undeniable. But don't forget; this is HK-47 versus General Grievous, which implies to me that Grievous has the benefit of tactics and followers and most importantly planning - and so does HK-47. So in my opinion, Grievous ends up dealing with military concerns and having great success; and then obscenely large quantities of explosives (and other things) kills him. HK-47 likely escapes undiscovered, but it's hardly a certainty.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

or

How's this sound? HK pretends to be a protocol droid to get near Grievous

then we see

HK-47 steping out of the shadows after something happened to rob greivous of this arms and legs.

And as he advances, blaster rifle in hand, HK-47 says something like "query: Are you all right, general? You seem to have suffered a series of flawlessly timed explosions.

Statement: You were very lucky to survive them...

Statement: But your luck has run out."

And then shoots grievous.

Its fun to quote yourself sometimes :).

• 5 years later...

HK-47 is more advanced and is just the type of fighter to exploit GG. HK was made with star forge grade everything, and the people who made the star forge had control of the entire universe and died due to a virus that may of also been their work. his computer is stronger, his armor is better, and his strength is probably closer to GGs then you think, although i doubt HK is stronger. but at the end of the day HK has no major weaknesses and GG does. including organic parts. HK could get into his head and make GG not think and lure him into a trap. he is an assassain with attitude. GG is just a robot with lightsabers. which while deadly arent the superweapon people want them to be. HK has made shots at 120km thru a targets knee. likely to mock them before death. GG is no pushover of course, but his joints are also prone to breaking under blaster fire. which HK can target with a specialty sniper rifle at 120km. and within a mile can likely do it with any blaster. he has killed jedi only because he can plan. and because he plans he can kill GG. everyone here seems to think both of them are going to be dropped into a battlefield 40 feet away and thats not the case, GG is a general, and HK is an assassain. someone tells hk to kill GG, he goes finds his camp, takes out his legs and then takes him out. or sneaks on his ship pretending to be a protocol droid or trooper. and when GG isnt looking gets shot and dies like a bitch. never getting the chance to use his lightsabers. if they were put into some cage i have to say GG, but that wont happen. like i said

hk is made of better stuff. 4000 years later pales in comparison to a people who took over the universe with their tech. meaning HK is supirior and not as weak as youd think.

Well, my 2 favorite SW characters fighting? Oh snap...

As many have already said, it depends on the circumstances. If it's a close fight, Grievous rips HK to pieces. But if HK is 2km away from Grievous, he gets to snipe the hell out of him and win. And also, don't forget that they're pretty much equal in terms of tactics: HK is the master of surprise and stealth, but what the CIS managed to do, that being conquer half the galaxy, was the General's doing. And he did it with B1 BATTLE DROIDS!

Also, don't forget, Grievous isn't as stupid as some of you think. He saw through a plan Obi-Wan and Anakin had envisoned before they even got it to start! In other words, he'd be careful around any droid, even a disguised HK (Grievous wasn't a huge fan of droids, you know.)

Finally, HK's algorithms are 4000 old, but that grands him far more experience... but Grievous was a prodigy in lightsaber duels (he once defeated 2 Jedi Council members, 2 Jedi Knights, 2 Padawans and an ARC squad while dealing with a clone gunship AT THE SAME TIME. And he did it with 2 lightsabers only.)

All in all, it gets down to this: If it's close combat, it's Grievous;if it's from a distance, it's HK.

hey guys lets not forget R2-D2 who would win against HK's and grievous you know that fella is quite small and got loads of tricks and that he would use to win against them

I would say that was ridiculous, but then again, T3 (who is basicly a less advanced R2) easily knocked HK out in KOTOR 2.

Archived