Home

Anakin vs. Revan

thundrfang1

Who do you think would win in a fight, Anakin or Revan? Anakin is not at full potential. He is only at the potential that he is in in episode 3.

Scenario 1: Lightsabers only. No melee, blasters, or force powers.

Scenario 2: War. Anakin controls the Imperial Army (including the Death Star 2), and Revan controls the Star Forges sith army.

Scenario 3: Force battle. Force powers only.

Scenario 4: Padme is being held hostage by Revan, and Bastilla is being held hostage by Anakin.

Scenario 5: All out battle. Fight to the death. Each uses whatever needed to win (except their army).

Ok, thats about it. Guive reasons and let the battle begin!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to point out first that Anakin was at the apex of his potential in Ep.3 - his defeat rendered him a shadow of his former self.

That said, on to the scenarios:

1. It is difficult to say, as Revan is never properly seen in full Ep.3-style combat...I might have to say Anakin, as he is a Jedi Guardian.

2. I say Revan. On production and sheer firepower, both sides would probably be evenly matched, but Revan was a tactician while Vader and the Empire used brute force.

3. Revan, as the 'heart of the force'

4. Anakin, as his love for Amidala was the reason for his fall - her wellbeing was all that drove him to the dark.

5. Much as I would like to say the Empire, Revan would likely triumph as the master tactician. Ep.6 showed that tactics could overwhelm the Empire.

1. Since I've never seen Revan in all-out battle with a lightsaber, I can't really say. Keep in mind that both Anakin and Revan have had to fight in massive battles against multiple lightsaber-wielding opponents and succeeded. It would probably be a stalemate.

2. Revan would wipe the general galactic floor with Anakin and Palpatine. The Death Star's a great asset, but it's slow, and all it really does is fire a big gun. The Star Forge, on the other hand, is producing thousands of ships at any given moment. The Death Star could probably be destroyed with the fighter squadrons alone, not to mention the flagships! Revan wins.

3. Anakin DS vs. Revan LS=Anakin wins.

Anakin LS vs. Revan DS=Revan wins.

Anakin DS vs. Revan DS=Both are dead.

Anakin LS vs. Revan LS=Battle that never ends 'cuz neither one can use any offensive Force Powers! :lol:

4. Anakin loved Padme so deeply that he betrayed the Jedi, the Republic, Obi-wan, everything he ever believed in. Revan and Bastilla's relationship never seemed to be quite that serious to me. Anakin wins hands down.

5. Both dead.

iWell here goes

1. As stated above we have never seen Revan in lightsaber combat for all we could now he could have been the best lightsaber duelist ever but as goes i Anakin was a great lightsaber duelist but i would say they would be just like Barbossa states in Pirates Are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound? this is an example of how it would turn out as we don't know how good Revan was so i say draw

2.I do agree here Darth Vader or Anakin used brute force and Revan used tatics as well the death star was quite awesome but it not really so much a giant space station with the ability to destroy a planet of course they could shoot down the Star Forge but i still vote for Revan here in a fight between intelligence and strenght it's intelligence who wins

3.Now Revan is said to be the most powerful force user of his time almost 4000 thousand years before anakin and the thing that revan was heart of the force was just how kreia would describe Revan but if you think of it after 4000 years even a kid could probably have more force potential then Revan and as stated Anakin was the chosen one it's more fitting to call him the heart of the force since he would have been the most powerful force user in history he has higher midclhorian count than Revan.

and before you start arguing the reason we think revan as more powerfull is because we made the charater to fit like we want it

4. oh come on this is can't be done it would just end with all of them dead we can't do this we know that anakin love padme with all of his life and we don't know with Revan and Bastila since we didn't see it go any further than what we saw in KOToR for all we know they could have married and had lot's of jedi children.

5.This is like scenario 2 in a way so but in this one it would be draw come if you do it like this nobody is going to win the scenario would look like this if you ask me they would fight and fight until they became half- senile and forgot why they were fighting each other and then they would either die by old age, bounty hunters or someone like nihilus.

phew i am done and quite proud fo this but it's what i think would happen

hmm, i dispute the fact that anakin is at his full potential in ep3.

because, he only just turned to the dark side. look at yoda. anakin had more midichlorians than him but yoda was definitely stronger because of his 900 years experience and wisdom, etc. (palpatine tried to run from him. and i think if he wasnt blasted off that ledge, he would have beat sidious eventually)

i think that if obiwan didnt dice anakin, and anakin went on to study at the hands of sidious for years, becoming stronger, learning all those secrets of the dark side, he would have become the single most powerful being to ever have lived in sw history. (makes sense, yes?)

also, thundrfang, you havnt specified which revan we are talking about. is it the revanchist? darth revan right before amnesia, post amnesiac kotor 1 revan, or revan in the unknown regions.

i'd put revanchist at about kavar's level. darth revan: somewhere around sidious (this is the revan that taught bane. he knew stuff that even darth bane thought was too terrible to try. if unleashing a *thought bomb* was fine for bane to do, imagine that other stuff:eyepop: ). k1 revan was a bit stronger than that. and unknown region revan: i dont know. but id think that, being quote from malak, "..stronger than you were in your reign as the dark lord...", and then regaining his lost memory, *and* learning stuff at malachor after that, i think he might even be around yoda level.

he might even grow three foot high spiky blonde hair and scream with everything he does.:lol: *kidding*

Vader probably wins. He IS the Chosen One, and his mastery of Djem So was capable of thrashing Count Dooku. He was pivotal in the extermination of the Jedi Order. There's no reason to believe that Revan was anything special as a Duelist.

Scenario 2: War. Vader controls the Imperial Army (including the Death Star 2), and Revan controls the Star Forges sith army.

Come on, this isn't even a challenge. Vader has the Death Star 2, which is effectively invincible, a four thousand year head start technologically, 25,000 Imperial-Class Star Destroyers, the entire former fleet of the Grand Army of the Republic, and everything else. One shot from the Death Star II would turn the Star Forge into ash, and after that it would be a mopup operation.

Vader. Chosen One. He's considered to be the most powerful Jedi ever in terms of raw power.

Scenario 4: Padme is being held hostage by Revan, and Bastilla is being held hostage by Vader.

Wouldn't ever happen. Vader would never hold Bastila hostage. He'd either turn her to the Dark Side (Again), torture her until she gave them the location of the hidden rebel base, or break her neck. As for if Revan had Padme, Vader would suffer a nervous breakdown and blow up everything in the room.

Scenario 5: Vader, again. One of the premier swordsmen in the Jedi Order and only topped by masters like Windu, Yoda, Sidious, and Kenobi, indisputably the most powerful Jedi in terms of raw power, and brutal. Revan would probably realize he was outmatched in single combat and retreat and try to kill Vader as he made orbit.

Just to point out first that Anakin was at the apex of his potential in Ep.3 - his defeat rendered him a shadow of his former self.

That said, on to the scenarios:

1. It is difficult to say, as Revan is never properly seen in full Ep.3-style combat...I might have to say Anakin, as he is a Jedi Guardian.

2. I say Revan. On production and sheer firepower, both sides would probably be evenly matched, but Revan was a tactician while Vader and the Empire used brute force.

3. Revan, as the 'heart of the force'

4. Anakin, as his love for Amidala was the reason for his fall - her wellbeing was all that drove him to the dark.

5. Much as I would like to say the Empire, Revan would likely triumph as the master tactician. Ep.6 showed that tactics could overwhelm the Empire.

Agreed, my answers exactly.

Although, just to point out no. 5, there may not be time to use tactics, unless a fight to the death lasts a loooooong time.

Vader probably wins. He IS the Chosen One, and his mastery of Djem So was capable of thrashing Count Dooku. He was pivotal in the extermination of the Jedi Order. There's no reason to believe that Revan was anything special as a Duelist.

That's true, but there is a possibility of Revan being the Sith'ari.

Vader. Chosen One. He's considered to be the most powerful Jedi ever in terms of raw power.

But Revan's also "the heart of the force".

vader slaughtered all the jedi in the temple with a bunch of troops behind.

revan slaughtered every dark jedi that came his way in the star forge with two party members, after which he defeated two dark lords singlehandedly. id say those are even feats there.

But then we dont know much about revan's dueling proficiency. he was above average at pretty much everything so chances are he would be a fairly good duelist.

if revan used jar'kai as implied in concept art and k2, that would NOT be a good idea vs vader's djem so.

can someone tell me what is that stance that revan assumes right before his fight vs bastila's jedi strike team on his flagship?

sidious uses a similar pose when he starts his duel vs the jedi masters in ep3. i dont know what it is.

thats exactly it: RAW power. both were extremely gifted in terms of force, anakin being stronger in terms of raw power, but its like a really big, muscly grunt whos beaten up his fair share vs a kung fu master. the brute would do something like throw a heavy punch at the master. the master would do something like, quickly redirect the punch outwards, after which he would then jab at some exposed pressure point to stun the brute, quickly kick the brute behind his legs, bringing him to his knees, smash his elbow on the brute's neck/shoulder, and then hook the brute's neck in his arm in a sleeper hold, after which its lights out for the brute.

likewise, revan would have far more advanced force abilities than anakin.

unlike anakin, revan had access to the jedi archives, and he studied juicy sith secrets at trayus. and who knows what he learned while romping around the galaxy in the mando wars as the revanchist.(Stuff like that was his thing) i have no doubt he would know some of those "techniques within the force against which there is no defense".

and also, anakin was a guardian focusing on saber dueling. and in ep3, he hasnt had the chance to learn sith stuff from palpatine yet.

basicly, in ep3, anakin has only just turned to the dark side, revelling in the new ability to unleash his dark emotions and stuff. but revan can do that, and more, having more experience. basicly, in ep3, vader is a dark side 'newborn' who hasnt yet moved on to the higher mysteries of the dark side.

(heh, that sounds like a verse in the Bible...;P)

That's true, but there is a possibility of Revan being the Sith'ari.

so does vader. but *i* firmly believe the sith'ari is revan's student, Darth Bane.

I dont see any evidence that Anakin is all powerful with the force despite George's say so, the Films depict Jedi of his time as more like a galactic police force who can jump high and have a small amount of telekinesis, and even if GL means his level of force powers to be more of a "The force is with him" type deal, his life was nothing but pain, limb-loss, heartache, betrayel, Immolation and servitude, the force wasn't really looking out for him IMO, but as regards to lightsaber Dueling and fighting for Padme I think he'd beat most people, but a Force power battle, I dont think so.

1. Sabers- I'm giving this to ROTS Anakin, the way overwhelmed Dooku(who himself was one of the greatest duelists ever) and as the novel put it "even his(Dooku) knowledge of the force has become a joke." As for Revan's saber skills we don't know much about them. We know he cut off Malak's jaw and ended up killing Malak in a saber duel (based on Duron's vision) but that's about it. He was most likely the best of his time but we don't know which saber style he preferred. Anakin wins probably with some difficulty.

2.War- I believe this battle could go either way if the imperials find the star forge then it is all over for Revan imo. Anakin's forces have a 4,000 year tech advantage which will come into play. Besides the death star 2 the imperial navy has numerous super star destroyers besides the Executor. Another factor here is the the admirals below Revan and Anakin. While these two maybe in charge of their navies then need competent men below them, Anakin would probably have Thrawn, Revan would have? I would also like to point out that just because the star forge can make an "infinite number" of ships, Revan still needs manpower to operate them as there is no evidence to support any theory of droids controlling ships in Revan's navy so that is another advantage to Anakin is manpower. Actually I'm leaning towards Anakin for the reasons above but I will state that if they had equal number of ships,manpower,supplies and both are the heads of a single fleet (not the head of the whole navy which is why I made reference to their subordinates such as Thrawn being an admiral int he imperial navy during the battle of endor though he wasnt present for the battle) then Revan would win because he is a superior tactician.

3.Force only- Revan has the advantage in every was save for raw power(anakin was created by the force) He has a much broader knowledge of the force and has demonstrated more then the standard abilities Anakin has demonstrated.

4. Don't care

5. All Out- Basically this comes to down to this. If Anakin get Revan in a prolonged lightsaber then he wins. If Revan came create some distance to use the force effectively then he wins. That said I'd give the edge to Revan, he wins about a majority of the all out fights ( if it were out of 10) with difficulty.

1) It's pretty hard, but, in Star Wars Expanded Universe, Boba Fett actually duels Vader with lightsabers, and he actually matches Vader skills with his strength, ferocity, and willpower. Revan has these things, and even more he is trained with a saber.

So maybe Revan or a draw.

2) Revan! Actually, just with only the Sith Armie, no Star Forge, Revan would still win, because, as stated above, Revan is a formidable tactician and the Empire used brute force.

3)Revan. He holds ancient knowledge that Vader has no clue about!

There are few powers that are used in New Republic Era, compared to the Old Republic Era. So Revan would probably win.

4)Anakin. Reasons stated above.

5) I think Revan would win, or maybe a draw.

Again, Revan uses his brains both light and dark side, while Anakin is known for becoming angry and loosing his focus in a heavy battle. But, thats the reason he killed Dooku.

Anyway, Revan is over Anakin imo.

2.War- I believe this battle could go either way if the imperials find the star forge then it is all over for Revan imo. Anakin's forces have a 4,000 year tech advantage which will come into play.

The 4,000 year old tech could destroy a planet. Remember Han in ANH? ;)

1) It's pretty hard, but, in Star Wars Expanded Universe, Boba Fett actually duels Vader with lightsabers, and he actually matches Vader skills with his strength, ferocity, and willpower. Revan has these things, and even more he is trained with a saber.

(sigh) In Star Wars EU, Darth Maul also didn't die when he fell down the three thousand foot deep reactor shaft, which probably had a very big, bad generator at the bottom of it...

Boba Fett couldn't win a lightsaber fight against a padawan, much less against the Dark Lord of the Sith! If Vader couldn't chop off Fett's head, then he wouldn't have been a viable option for Sith. He simply wouldn't have been worthy of that title. Besides that, this is a WEIGHTLESS BLADE. Fett couldn't wield one of those. Only Force Sensitive people can, and Boba Fett was not Force Sensitive.

The 4,000 year old tech could destroy a planet. )

They only known method that Revan had access to was the MSG (there was only the one in creation and it was made for Malachor V I believe and it is only speculated that it can be altered for other planets) While the empire has much more super weapons available(maybe not in this thread) such as the Sun Crusher.

(sigh) In Star Wars EU, Darth Maul also didn't die when he fell down the three thousand foot deep reactor shaft, which probably had a very big, bad generator at the bottom of it...

Actually he did die when he fell down the reactor shaft. I believe you are referring to the comic where he comes back as a cyborg to face Obiwan yet that canon hasn't been declared to be canon. The only post TPM Maul that is canon is the Resurrection Maul that fights Vader.

Edit: I'm no expert on the imperial navy but instead of saying that the imperial navy used just "brute force," (and no strategy as implied by other posts) could someone post examples of this belief?

The tech I was talking about was Taris. Of course, I guess it depends on your definition of destroying a planet.

The Empire had the Sun Crusher? I thought that was only in the Legacy series. :confused:

I believe you are referring to the comic where he comes back as a cyborg to face Obiwan yet that canon hasn't been declared to be canon. The only post TPM Maul that is canon is the Resurrection Maul that fights Vader.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that it wasn't considered canon. My mistake. :)

Anakin. I think that he is a much stronger lightsaber user

Scenario 2: War. Anakin controls the Imperial Army (including the Death Star 2), and Revan controls the Star Forges sith army.

This one is very questionable. If Vader found the Star Forge, he could use the Death Star to destroy it. However, if it remained hidden, for obvious reasons (hint: infinate army) Revan would win. Really depends on the circumstances.

Revan. I believe that he is a much stronger force (more experianced too) than Anakin/Vader.

Scenario 4: Padme is being held hostage by Revan, and Bastilla is being held hostage by Anakin.

I would rather not explain this one. Anakin would win. I think that you can figure out why/. ;)

Scenario 5: All out battle. Fight to the death. Each uses whatever needed to win (except their army).

50/50 here. I think that the person that would win would have to capitalize on a mistake that the other person made....

No, he's been described as the Heart of the Force, I don't ever remember anyone saying he is the Heart of the Force

even so, he was the most powerful in his age. he would still beat anakin. i dont believe vader became more powerful than sidious. if he did, then he wouldve overthrown him without needing luke or secret apprentice. vader himself described sidious as "the most powerful sith in a thousand years" im thinking that the thousand years sith was bane, and bane was the strongest since revan... so yeah. kinda stinks that anakin lost some of his potential... imagine how powerful he wouldve gotten...

heres another reason revan would waste (thats right - waste) anakin in a force-fight and possibly in the all out fight. its indicated in darth bane:path of destruction that revan studied ancient sith and rakatan magics and alchemies.

in the novel darth bane:rule of two, darth zannah (darth bane's apprentice) once fought a jedi who was stronger faster, bigger, and way more skilled than her.(the apprentice of an echani weaponmaster who was one of the best blademasters in the order at the time. i cant remember if she *was* the best)

zannah used soresu against him but to no avail. he just kept coming hard. but during the fight, he was distracted for a split second. in that moment, she cast a sith spell on him with a hand movement. the spell made his worst fears come alive (to him). he was instantly confused, attacking unseen monsters. in his state of confusion, zannah killed him.

apparently, the longer she uses that spell on the victim, the fears become worse and more real. she used it earlier on a victim who ended up clawing her own eyes out and dying in a screaming heap. (phoo. graphic. this stuff is feree-*kay*) its like a really bad version of kotor's 'fear' force powers.

so what if revan did something like that to anakin? or worse as it would likely be?

even so, he was the most powerful in his age. he would still beat anakin. i dont believe vader became more powerful than sidious. if he did, then he wouldve overthrown him without needing luke or secret apprentice. vader himself described sidious as "the most powerful sith in a thousand years" im thinking that the thousand years sith was bane, and bane was the strongest since revan... so yeah. kinda stinks that anakin lost some of his potential... imagine how powerful he wouldve gotten...

Vader also described Sidious as the most powerful sith lord ever,as did numerous others sources but that's not the point. The point is just because Anakin/Vader is not more powerful then Sidious and Revan is the most powerful in his age doesn't automatically mean Revan>Anakin.

heres another reason revan would waste (thats right - waste) anakin in a force-fight and possibly in the all out fight. its indicated in darth baneath of destruction that revan studied ancient sith and rakatan magics and alchemies.

Sith alchemy is not that useful in battle and it is way to vague of a statement.

in the novel darth bane:rule of two, darth zannah (darth bane's apprentice) once fought a jedi who was stronger faster, bigger, and way more skilled than her.(the apprentice of an echani weaponmaster who was one of the best blademasters in the order at the time. i cant remember if she *was* the best)

zannah used soresu against him but to no avail. he just kept coming hard. but during the fight, he was distracted for a split second. in that moment, she cast a sith spell on him with a hand movement. the spell made his worst fears come alive (to him). he was instantly confused, attacking unseen monsters. in his state of confusion, zannah killed him.

apparently, the longer she uses that spell on the victim, the fears become worse and more real. she used it earlier on a victim who ended up clawing her own eyes out and dying in a screaming heap. (phoo. graphic. this stuff is feree-*kay*) its like a really bad version of kotor's 'fear' force powers.

Zannah was able to Sarro because the latter got distracted by his companion Johun who kept getting in the way even when he was leaving to help out the other jedi vs Bane. Zannah needed for him to be off guard before she could kill him.

so what if revan did something like that to anakin? or worse as it would likely be?

There still is zero proof that Revan ever knew the technique because Bane and Zannah had knowledge from not only Revan's holocron but Freedon Nadd's holocron and Belia Darzu's. The most logical choice for where the attack that Zannah used came from is Nadd's because we see his "apprentices" the Ketos use very similar techniques. But either way we can't prove that Revan knew the technique so it would be illogical to assume otherwise.

Now I'm confused is this ROTS Anakin as the thread title says or the Darth Vader we see in the OT?

Archived