Home

Anakin vs. Revan

thundrfang1

I really don't know why people dislike Vader so much. I love Vader, I just hate how GL made his fate.

ive thought about it, and i dont like the idea of vader being resurrected. as i said, many fans will frown on such a thing. IMO (<-in my opinion), vader has a *very* 'good shot'. if you dont know, darth vader is embedded in todays culture! everyone knows about darth vader, he is the personification of evil from star wars to them. no one knows about revan, bane, or anyone else. vader is "that badass awesome dude. he's the man!"

i'm quite happy with the movies. star wars was actually originally supposed to be called "the tragedy of darth vader" (if im not mistaken) its epic! its sad! these things are what made the OT take the world by storm! i dont think SW would have so successful some other way! (the OT)

i wouldnt mind a non canon story, but as i said, they'll probably think hard and make vader stronger and yet fit properly with the movies. sometime.

as to revan being "cooler" than vader, that is to revan fans. (me included)

thats because we love kotor! see, people who saw the OT in the 70s will have been taken up with it and will always love luke and vader. watch and see: 10 years down the track they'll make a new character, fitting with the technology in the day. he will look so unrivaled and awesome, he'll have a huge number of fans. while revan fans will always remember loving kotor the same way OT fans fondly remember loving the original characters. (generally speaking)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right about Vader as the personification of evil. But it's for common people. Common people knows Vader as badass, but many SW fans (especially "fanatic" fans) consider Vader as oldies and "weak". Hm. Tragedic when the story flows. But pathetic when he lost to no-proper-training-jedi-knight and the ewoks's scene. I'm also a Revan fan, but not fanatic, I like him because I love kotor too :). I think you're right here. "10 years down the track they'll make a new character, fitting with the technology in the day. he will look so unrivaled and awesome, he'll have a huge number of fans. while revan fans will always remember loving kotor the same way OT fans fondly remember loving the original characters". I have to agree with you on this.

The only problem is, I can't withstand it, people saying bad things to Vader. That's why I want a badass non-canon story for him :).

i am also a fan of Darth Vader and Revan i like them both but there is nothing wrong with vader he is still one of my favourite bad guys and is much cooler then many of the badguys in movies from this year anyway back to topic Vader has done impressive feats that he was first with he killed every jedi except yoda

and luke he have done much impressive feats that is just one of them

well he is the best badguy ever if i were placed in a dark room like example the joker from batman i wouldn't be as scared if i were placed in the room with Vader i mean that breathing is always scary

Edit: i don't also understand why everybody thinks darth vader is crap he has done a lot more then sidious that is just sitting is his chair and gets fat

Combining posts cause you got it in before my warning. -RH

Hey, do you think Vader is scary? My brother says yes, I say yes , what about you guys? If you do, why do you think he's scary? If not, why?

I think it's because the breath combined with the armor and foosteps sound :)

While this question is all fine and good, it really isn't on-topic in this thread, lets not take this thread off-topic. Thanks. -RH

Why

i hate ol' sid because he caused the death of the jedi, encourages discrimination, is ugly, would have been whooped into another dimension if yoda didnt fall of that ledge... the list goes on.

colortesting

have you noticed that no one but the mods use the color codes?

now it is time for my opinion for the thread.

Scenario 1: Lightsabers only. No melee, blasters, or force powers.

Anakin wins. if revan uses makashi or jar'kai, anakin's djem so beats it. but revan would also know juyo, but we still cant say. we *know* anakin was an extremely skilled duelist. revan might have been, but we just currently dont know.

if malak was a guardian as K1 implies, revan would have to be not that bad at dueling.

Scenario 2: War. Anakin controls the Imperial Army (including the Death Star 2), and Revan controls the Star Forges sith army.

Vader. i think that technology leap would play a part, but ISDs are just more powerful. but IMO revansith would construct specialitems etc for the confronation. this could go both ways, but i'm leaning toward vader.

Scenario 3: Force battle. Force powers only.

Revan. with current info that we have, revan wastes Anakin no matter what scenario. revan had far more opportunities to learn force abilities than anakin did - access to the jedi archives, learning from multiple masters, free to do whatever as revanchist, holocrons no doubt as a dark lord, trayus academy, and the opportunity to learn more abilities in amnesiac state.

anakin had no access to the archives thanks to an incident involving a padawan dooku, AFAIK he learnt only from obi wan, was tied up during the clone wars, lost force potential as a dark lord, and was confirmed to be a jedi guardian. just... splat.

Scenario 4: Padme is being held hostage by Revan, and Bastilla is being held hostage by Anakin.

this is a *very* vague scenario. have no idea whether it is in some capture-the-flag type situation, or a novel type situation, or whatever. if it is a measure of love contest, anakin wins. from what we know right now, his love for padme eclipses revan's for bastila.

Scenario 5: All out battle. Fight to the death. Each uses whatever needed to win (except their army).

Revan has a hard victory. anakin is a star duelist, revan is a star force user. (two stars collide=colossal kaboom) this is hard, but if anakins duel with obi wan was his 'all out', which it seems to appear as in ep3, revan would win. obi wan had more experience than anakin, thats how he won. factor in anakin's recklessness, which is his personality, and it increases revan's chances of winning.

revan had a much larger amount of experience than anakin. (*maybe* even obi wan. maybe not. obi wan was much older than them both, older generally=more opportunities for experience.)

and that is my opinion after seeing everyone's information and participating in this debate. this is one *hot* thread. there should be a new icon for threads like this... a stuffed envelope on fire.

Scenario 1 : If we use absolute theory of Form 1-7, no PIS or terrain disadvantage, Anakin will absolutely win. Djem So is based on raw power, and we know who has that, so theoretically Anakin should win against every opponent. But there's factor like crazy-minded, terrain disadvantage, PIS, and the writer's will that make Anakin can lose.

Scenario 2: All of Empire's resources means death to Revan's army. I can't imagine Revan's army beats Empire's army.

Scenario 3: Revan. Completely and absolutely. Anakin is too focused on lightsaber dueling. He's a Guardian, you know.

Scenario 4: Some of you say Anakin go crazy and lost to Revan because of that. I don't think so. Anakin go crazy because he's confused with his action of turning against the Jedi. In this case, Anakin will be enraged and, you know what's next.

Scenario 5: Revan can win if he use his ability with the Force to destroy Anakin. Other than that, Revan will lose.

1,2,4, and 5 I say go to Anakin.

3 could go to Vader, but not Anakin against Revan. Only because Vader learned more from Sidious. Anakin was more focussed on lightsaber skills. I didn't see Revan kill a person on another ship while talking with someone else.

1 because Anakin actually had more training with refined saber forms.

2 Star Destroyers, Super Star Destroyers, Death Star, not to mention the emperor. Though it would likely be that the emperor would replace Anakin(vader) with Revan. nah.. neither Revan nor the Emperor want to share the top dog seat.

4 Anakin's love for Padme was strong. Revan split on Bastilla.

5 Several thousand years of force techniques and refined saber forms.

More likely, the Emperor would try to turn Revan to follow him, Revan would think for a moment and thumb his nose at him, and suddenly would realize that he was being horribly murdered by swarms of demon psycho cockroaches or something. The Emperor was a jerk like that.

I see no idea in these revan vs someone else polls... Since no one actually knows how powerful revan is, it ends up just simply being a "I like anakin/revan more" poll... Only one of those is sure: Revan would wipe Anakin out on a full scale battle.

I tend to trust what George Lucas says about it. The characters from the movies are all more powerful than any in the EU, so technically, Revan would get squished.

Really? He said that? I have a hard time believing that. I mean, Mace Windu, Yoda, and Anakin, okay, maybe, but Jacen Solo is, as a Canon Sue, almost certainly capable of going through half the cast of the Movies casually. Even most of the Jedi.

well he said the jedi from the movies. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a problem ripping through the non-jedi cast. But Lucas basically said that no matter how powerful the jedi or sith are in the EU none of them can beat the jedi and sith from the movies.

I think I remember it being hinted at in an article. Can't remember where though It was either a Vanity Fair in a doctor's office, or a TV Guide at my grandmother's house(though I'm thinking it was a Vanity Fair)... Either way, it stuck with me. It was some interview about how Lucas felt about the EU. He likes it, but if it cintradicts the movies in any way, the movies take precident. Since the movies portray Anakin as the jedi with the most potential, he would technically have been the one most likely to win fights(though even Lucas says that Vader's potential was limited by the severity of his injuries).

NOTE: I've read so many sci-fi magazines and interviews, I could be mistaken. I may have read it in Fangoria, or heck it may have been something I read from supershadow(which would mean it is false). So please take that info with a grain of salt until I can verify where the info originated.

Archived