Home

Anakin vs. Revan

thundrfang1

For Endorenna:

Hm... A good statement. I respect your opinion, but I disagree with you about it. The story makes Vader's life too short, seriously, for someone who has the potential to become most powerful Jedi/Sith. And I think he doesn't have a great shot, like Windu or Yoda. Here's what I remember about him:

1. Smart boy (create c-3po, that "flying ride", robot maker)

2. Undisciplined Padawan (although powerful, he's arrogant)

3. Jedi Knight (for a few days, more arrogant, kill dooku, become council member although he's not a master)

4. Newly christened Vader (kill jedi in the temple, kill gunray & friends, beaten by obi)

5. Cyborg Vader (second to emperor)

I think there's only three that can be said as good shot. Kill dooku, become council member, and being second to emperor. I think GL should remake Vader's armor (make him beefy and tall rather than tall only) , give him great shot, create good non-canon story (like Marvel Ultimate), put all of them together in a nice pattern with other characters (don't make them weak, because I don't like it when a character is weakened by the creator), and I guarantee it will be sold out. I think, if Star Wars should have a good ending, it's alternative should have tragic ending. Will be very cool and he can make money with it :). That's why I create my signature like this.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, Ztalker, I COULD go on a tangent in every way your wrong. But I won't, because Astor Kaine just proved me right for me. *Thumbs up*

Your welcome, although i'm sure you didn't need any help ;)

More tea?

That sounds capital.

@Ultimate Vader: Where are you getting all this Vader hate from?

Empataojayos (Sp?) Brand

Worst. Name. Ever.

look all i wanted to get to is that the imperial navy are not the best since the rebels beat it[/Quote]

It took them 19 years to properly beat them, though.

this ISD are not the best ever well anyway much of the imperial stuff is based on the clone stuff[ except for the ugly TIE's

Certainly more than a match for a Sith cruiser.

anyway i know much of the stormies are clones so don't get angry on me here but in a battle in clones against stormies i think the clones would win

Most stormtroopers were human. Only a third of Stormtroopers were Fett clones because of the uprising on Kamino. All others were cloned from other sources, or conventional recruits.

Also, we're not debating whether clones would win over stormtroopers.

It's just you really seem to dislike Vader, is all.

I don't see anything wrong with his portrayal in the original movies. His portrayal in the prequels ruined what was a mysterious figure.

For some of the younger folks, it might be the other way around. Remember, they see epic-action spectacular Jedi Knight Anakin grow stronger. They see him turn Sith in Episode 3. Then they try to watch the OT and...be disapointed.

For 'us' (I'm only 19, but DID watch the OT before the PT) oldies it's the way you describe. I really liked the way Vader was portrayed, with TESB as my personal favourite. I didn't like the way Anakin was portrayed. I'd take any other reason for turning DS over "My wife will possible, perhaps, like in my dreams' die! Let's go DS!"

But anyway, it will always stay this way. Fans focussing on visual proof for Vader's prowess will want a remake of the OT, we want a remake of the PT. :xp:

Oh, about that. I don't dislike Vader, if you want to know. I am his fan. Look at my avatar and my name and my signature. I can't have all of that thing for my profile if I dislike him. I love how he speak, walk, fight, but sometimes I feel sad if someone uses Vader weakness (old, out-of-date, armor sucks, whatever) for debate. Those are people who don't understand other's feelings. As a fan, I think he should be given a great shot. But he never. Instead, GL make other characters look cool and badass. I think I the easiest example here is Revan. No offense to Revan's fans, but I see in their posts that many of Revan's fans dislike Vader. And half of Revan's fans who dislike Vader use Vader weakness to destroy Vader's fans. Have you ever noticed that usually Vader loses if there's many "new characters"'s fans who usually dislike Vader in a debate. I really don't know why people dislike Vader so much. I love Vader, I just hate how GL made his fate.

Oh, about that. I don't dislike Vader, if you want to know. I am his fan. Look at my avatar and my name and my signature. I can't have all of that thing for my profile if I dislike him.

It's just you seem to express disagreement with how he is portrayed, is all.

I love how he speak, walk, fight, but sometimes I feel sad if someone uses Vader weakness (old, out-of-date, armor sucks, whatever) for debate.

No-one's done that that I can see.

As a fan, I think he should be given a great shot. But he never.

He is given a great shot - he's shown in the films to be the effective leader of the Empire, and the comics, books and games all expand on that.

Instead, GL make other characters look cool and badass. I think I the easiest example here is Revan.

Lucas didn't make Revan.

No offense to Revan's fans, but I see in their posts that many of Revan's fans dislike Vader.

That's because their jealous that their contrived, half-baked Mary Sue of a hero can never hope to match Vader.

Wow, you guessed my age just from your post. I'm impressed. I am young, so I got disappointed when I match PT and OT together. Perhaps GL will realize this and make two non-canon stories for us. One for PT remake, other for OT remake. By the way, your post is well said, Ztalker.

For Astor-Kaine:

1. When I was a child I love OT, seriously. But as time passes and technology come to our life, I changed and see that OT is too lame compared to PT. It's pretty difficult for me to describe it, because not many people have the same view like me.

2.Effective leader, perhaps. Any other else? I'm not satisfied with effective leader.

3.About Revan, you're right, I admit my mistake here. I wanted to say that Revan is created in a way which many hardcore SW fans like it.

No offense to you, Astor Kaine. I just want to discuss about Vader :)

Please do not double-post per forum rules :) - Cz

Thanks for the compliment, UV. :)

When I first saw Star Wars, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones were already out. My parents finally decided that the time had come to introduce me and my siblings to Star Wars, so they went and got the only ones they had seen out of storage: The Original Trilogy. I missed the first few 'showings', so I ended up seeing them backwards! (ROTJ, then TESB, then ANH) I loved the OT a whole lot, even though the special effects were out of date and Obi-wan and Vader's fight was lame. (Actually, I always thought that Vader looked a thousand times cooler than anyone else in the trilogy. Luke looked dumb, Obi-wan and Yoda looked old, Han looked cool and Leia looked cool, but they just couldn't compete with the heavy-breathin' Goth dude! :lol:)

So, finally, a year after that, my older sibling got the box DVD Special Edition Original Trilogy, and it happened to have a bonus disk with a documentary on how they were currently making the third movie of the prequels. It looked interesting, so we got TPM and AOTC. We were blown away by the graphics, lightsaber fights, and deep emotion of them, and we loved them immediately. When ROTS came out, we saw it in the theater several times before the DVD came out. Now that I've seen both trilogies, I tend to watch the PT more, just because they figured out how to do lightsaber fights and make them look even better than the ones in ESB and ROTJ. However, I think that both trilogies are on the same level of greatness; the OT for giving us the story and changing the history of movies forever, and the PT for giving us the other half of the story and great saber fights. When I'm getting someone to finally see Star Wars, I tell them to watch the OT first, then the PT, just so they Luke/Leia/Vader relationship won't be ruined (unless they already know). I think that that's how the movies are meant to be watched; in the order they came out.

Sorry, I'm getting a little off-topic here. Back to Vader! After I saw the PT, I thought Vader just became that much cooler than he was before. Once I saw why he'd turned to the Dark Side in the first place, why he didn't know that he had two kids, why he hated Obi-wan so much, etc., him turning back to the light as he died made a lot more sense (and I thought it had made sense before :))

you got my Astor Kaine look i did'nt imply that they could not beat the sith starships i just meant that people seem to overpower them so much

and even if it took the rebels 19 years to defeat the empire they still defeated them also i got new info the shield on the executor was taken donw by a strike team of about 2-4 a wing or x wing maybe

^

I'm pretty sure you can see it in ROTJ. I seem to remember something like that.

2 A-Wings, maybe, but nothing about a Strike team. But the A-Wings managed to destroy the sensor dome (which also powered the Bridge shields) after Ackbar's fleet took the main shields down.

well wookiepedia is my soruce everything everythinh there is almost always accurate

well i don't care anyway aren't we getting of topic it seem to changed to a topic where some of us looking for weakness in the empire while other are defending it

The 'Strike Team' referred to in that article is the one that blew up the Shield Generator, yes.

But not the Executor's.

The 'Strike Team' referred in that article is the one that destroyed the Death Star's shields.

Darth Imperius doesn't exist, except in the mind of SuperShadow. Any references to SuperShadow's theories are NOT credible, and that's putting it politely.

Agreed! It is sad cause in the PnP game my Sith Lord was Darth Imperious... to have that name now blemished by Supershadows lame angst-filled rants is distressing. -RH

Yea...man, that list was more messed up than I saw! I guess I was still goin' on about General Grievous, Jaina and Jacen, Luke's mideclorian counts--and Ben Skywalker supposedly beating up Dark Jedi when he was a toddler! :lol: My guess is that if Saber-scorpion had noticed that name, he wouldn't have posted that list. (it's really, really easy to miss one name in that big long column, especially one no one's ever heard of). Seriously, though, I'm glad he posted it, 'cuz now I know to avoid anything quoted from 'Supershadow'. :D

Edit: I just noticed 'Darth Rage (Darth Sidious' apprentice after Maul) Oh my word... :lol:

Mattig89ch on sceenario 5 you are wrong anakin became a jedi knight and would probably win revan easy the reason all think Revan is invinceble and most powerfull jedi ever is the simple reason is this one because we played revan as we wanted him/her to be so it's because we feel like we are revan when we play the game but now i like revan to but he won't win against anakin that is quite a simple fact also anakin is the most powerfull force user since he was created by the force no through the normal way to prove that anakin is stronger look at this

Midichlorian Count List for the major Star Wars characters

{Snipped Supershadows made up list} -RH

I feel rather compelled to ask this... but where did you get this information?

And since when is General Grevious able to have so many midi-chlorians that he can use the Force, when he is about 98% machine??? I don't ever remember anyone saying tha Grevious could use the Force! And wouldn't Vader be more powerful than Sidious according to your list if he has that many midi-chlorians???

Archived