Home

Anakin vs. Revan

thundrfang1

I am of the opinion that nobody should need a test on the internet to tell whether a character is a "Mary Sue" or not.

Agreed. :D

Yea, if a character is so darned cliche' and overpowered that it makes the reader retch, then the author should be able to recognize it without the help of the internet.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

y'know, ive always thought that qui gon and anakin would have been a *perfect* master for anakin. qui gon and little anakin were both compassionate, willing to break the rules for said compassion, and qui gon knew boys.(jedi apprentice series) IMO he could have really mentored anakin spectacularly well. obi wan was good, but he had his doubts of his ability to train anakin as well a qui gon did him. just imagine how anakin would have turned out if qui gon was his master! (i also reckon dooku and obi wan, if somehow it happened, would have been a good match. obi wan wouldve probably turned with dooku. its funny, how that master-apprentice line's personality chain alternated.

really? even little ani?

i think that qui gon wouldve provided the needed role model for anakin, and he is a very good one for him IMO.

obi wan was anakin's master, but i dont think anakin looked up to obi wan. instead palpatine stepped in and fed him garbage over the years.

when anakin was the little kid he was in ep1, he had that thing for helping people like qui gon. in one incident he stepped out of his way to chase away some animals because tusken raiders or something was coming their way, and qui gon helped any random joe he met on the street, to dooku and later, obi wan's dismay. IMO with qui gon as his role model, i think ani woud have become like him. and IMO, qui gon was a great jedi, like jedi are supposed to be.

wasnt it his compassion that allowed him to retain his consciousness after death, etc. (force ghost)? he taught that to yoda and obi wan.

(didnt qui gon say that it was taught to him? who did that again? the whills?)

Obi-Wan was pretty compassionate. Him and Qui-Gon weren't that different, really. Obi-Wan just had better sense when it came to Jar-Jar.

Anakin was, psychologically, an unstable candidate to become a Jedi. To begin with, he was too old. He had attachments - the dangerous kind, and too many. His path was pretty much set in stone when his mother died, and it's pretty likely it would have played out the same way whether Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan was his master.

i think qui gon wouldve let him free his mother before she was killed or something. it seems just the thing qui gon would do: save someone even if it meant breaking the rules.. by then he would have known anakin and how it would have affected him if something happened to his mother. (im sure he definitely knew it as a ghost. he was watching as anakin slew the tuskens, hence his "nooooooooo!")

this is my opinion after reading the some of the jedi apprentice, and almost all the jedi quest series.

Obi-Wan was pretty compassionate. Him and Qui-Gon weren't that different, really.

but there was a growing rift between anakin and obi wan that i'm willing to bet wouldnt have been there between qui gon and anakin.

that tension between them just grew worse and worse leading up to ep2.

(and its strange: all that tension, and then suddenly they're best buddies in ep3. mustve had a breakthrough in some novel or maybe in the clone wars series, which i havnt seen)

• 4 weeks later...
Who do you think would win in a fight, Anakin or Revan? Anakin is not at full potential. He is only at the potential that he is in in episode 3.

Scenario 1: Lightsabers only. No melee, blasters, or force powers.

Scenario 2: War. Anakin controls the Imperial Army (including the Death Star 2), and Revan controls the Star Forges sith army.

Scenario 3: Force battle. Force powers only.

Scenario 4: Padme is being held hostage by Revan, and Bastilla is being held hostage by Anakin.

Scenario 5: All out battle. Fight to the death. Each uses whatever needed to win (except their army).

Ok, thats about it. Guive reasons and let the battle begin!

Scenario 1: Revan. He was a great lightsaber duelist. Far superior to Anakin

Scenario 2: Revan again. Although the Imperial Army overwhelmed people by numbers, at least Sith troopers could aim and hit someone with a blaster. And they were exceptional duelists, something stormtroopers never learned (with the added plus of the stormtrooper effect)

Scenario 3: Revan. At the most, Anakin could oh, I dunno, Force Push a fly? Let's face it, even Anakin's/Vader's apprentice was more powerful than Anakin himself. So, yeah, Revan there

Scenario 4: A big lightsaber duel, a few Force Pushes here and there and *drumroll* a lightsaber lock ensues! After they can't fight anymore, Anakin jumps back in a defensive stance, and Revan knows he can't take much more, so he rushes at Anakin and uses strong style, eventually swiping Anakin in the chest, killing him. Padme is left to die of starvation as Revan leaves with his "prize" ;)

Scenario 5: Revan (dang, he seems to be winning every scenario here). He could easily crush anyone with his superior mastery of the Force.

Scenario 6 (alternate ending to Scenario 4): Revan and Anakin finish their fight with a lightsaber lock and hug each other knowing they're both to tired to solve a fight at 3:00am :lol:

I'll bring this hard truth to all of you. Here I go. This is from another forum.

Ladies and Gentleman, drum roll please! Prepare for Master Crimzon's Delusion Breaker!

Well, folks, it's a rough night out here tonight, with crazed, misguided, wayward folk. Tonight, we deal with a certain person by the name of Enyalus, who is clearly mistaken regarding his utterly mis-defined explanations of a certain Darth Revan, an unreasonably popular Sith Lord. Tonight, we show how, and why, Revan sucks cock!

The Delusion: Revan is full of win.

The Cold, Hard Truth: Revan, in fact, is a personality-less, pathetic loser of the species "Fanboyus Magneticus"! In fact, Revan is known to have no character flaws, only excelling at... err... every field concievable to man kind! That's right, folks, Revan is virtually a perfect being! So why, you may ask, is he known as an epically failed guy? Perhaps because he is known to have no personality at all, aside from the flexible personality adapted by the user of the videogame. Essentially, the truth is that the video game player in fact falls in love with himself, or, at least, a character that personifies his or her personality whatever way they wish. In essence, Revan is a 'Fanboyus Magneticus' because people are, in secret, self-serving, self-loving individuals. How can a human resist himself, only wielding a lightsaber and using mega force powers?! Yes, falling in love with yourself is kind of sick. And kind of gay (or lesbian).

So, in essence, Revan is YOU who happens to be an extremely powerful warrior, extremely proficient pilot, extremely intelligent, extremely tactically minded. In short, he's you and all the things you dream about being in your more geeky dreams. That kind of sucks.

Conclusion: Revan sucks ass. We hope we helped you out, Enyalus!

Yes. Revan is the answer for our disappointment with the showings of the Chosen One. I know why you people think less of Vader. It's because Vader is the most expendable character for the greatness of other characters, such as Windu, Yoda, Kenobi, even Luke Skywalker and Starkiller. Just don't mock Vader so much.

Archived