Home

Anakin vs. Revan

thundrfang1

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. We are not doing Numerology or some stupid crap like Anagrams.

How do you know what Revan was thinking? The only stuff that's been shown from his perspective was KotoR, which really doesn't say jack squat.

Midichlorians is a load of crap. I refuse to acknowledge them as evidence. Even in canon, there's no reason to believe that they cause the Force, merely that they indicate Force-Sensitivity.

I've read Dark Lord. Now read what I said. Notice that several times in Dark Lord, he talks about redesigning or rebuilding the suit, both in internal monologues and openly to Sidious.

How do you know? We've never seen Revan in action outside of KotoR.

Vader didn't have any reason to be enraged. You can't just switch emotions on and off at will, they don't work that way.

Revan screwed it up then, because he still fell to the Dark Side. I don't buy Kreia's BS about him never really falling. It doesn't make sense. TSL was an enormous wank to Revan's sheer awesomeness. Some people love that. I hate it.

Midichlorians is a load of crap. I refuse to acknowledge them as evidence. Even in canon, there's no reason to believe that they cause the Force, merely that they indicate Force-Sensitivity.

well, if you arbitrarily disregard canon because you dont like it, youre arguments just lost a lot of weight.

revan teaches these principles to darth bane in path of destruction. (it was there or somewhere else...)

i beg to differ. thats one of the things about the dark side: using your emotions to bolster your abilities. including anger. and what about force rage from the jk series?

Revan screwed it up then, because he still fell to the Dark Side. I don't buy Kreia's BS about him never really falling. It doesn't make sense. TSL was an enormous wank to Revan's sheer awesomeness. Some people love that. I hate it.
again, disregarding canon.

revan didnt fall. he jumped. and plunged deep into it.

again, disregarding canon.

revan didnt fall. he jumped. and plunged deep into it.

Making up your own canon there, it seems. :)

By the way it was never mentioned in the films that midichlorians create the Force (and other canon would contradict such a statement even if it did exist) so no one is disregarding canon "just because they want to."

In any case, few people contest the generally-accepted notion that midichlorians are the single most stupid thing that George Lucas has ever done to Star Wars. Although these days I'm wondering if Anakin's personality is coming in at a close second...

It's not confirmed canon. Kreia is a self-admitted liar. Furthermore, she's just stating her opinion of what happened - she wasn't even there, and she's not Revan.

Midichlorians are never stated exactly WHAT their relationship to the Force is. Since their purpose is not confirmed, I ignore them, not least because I think they're a stupid and pointless concept. Next.

I'm wondering if Anakin's personality is coming in at a close second...

In the words of the great Maddox:

Yes, that's right. The entire reason Anakin switched to the dark side becomes unraveled when he tries to kill Padme, who was the reason he switched to the dark side to begin with. Oops! Of course, Star Wars apologists will try to point out that Anakin was already under the influence of the "dark side" at this point. So that's why the first thing he asks as Darth Vader is whether Padme is safe, right you morons?

And I'm throwing one of his images as well:

Not with that language, you aren't, and if you post one with that kind of language in it again, you'll receive another infraction. ;) --Jae

Lesson? Anakin is an idiot, big time.

I have a few points from different people to address. I'll get to your reply from page one. "JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan" a little later today.

1.The issue of Luke beating Vader on the Death Star II. Luke only won because Vader was not going all out on him. Also the ROTJ novel makes it clear that for the entire first half of the duel Luke is giving into his anger (aka using the darkside) but stops when the emperor taunts him. (that is when Luke says "I will not fight you father") Then Luke once again uses the darkside much more potently when he is going berserk. That battle is not a testament to his skills due him using the dark side which under normal circumstances he would not do. Furthermore he admits in "The Courtship of Princess Leia" that Vader could have killed in their final duel if he tried to.

2.Revan falling to the darkside. The only evidence to suggest that he didn't is Darth Traya, a woman who is a known liar and as far as we know hasn't (canonically)seen Revan since before his fall in the Mandalorian Wars. Revan fell for noble reasons but he wasn't the first or the last to do so. Ulic fell to try undermine the Krath from within,DE Luke fell so he could defeat the DE Sidious/undermine his military by being Sidious's apprentice. Jacen Solo fell to protect the galaxy from war but what all of them have in common is that no matter how noble their goal may have been they all fell completely to the darkside. The idea that Revan is more powerful then one side of the force and can resists its affect on him for years is absolutely ridiculous and has only a single statement from a liar to back it up. When it comes right down to it Revan was sith lord who was trying to take over the galaxy and then protect his territory from the true sith if they ever came to conquer. Furthermore have you read what he says in his holocron in POD? No one but a full fledged dark sider could have said that what he said.

Okay, Anakin choking Padme'.

Anakin, as we all know, was rash, impulsive, and generally didn't think before doing something. To understand the part where he choked Padme', we must delve into his emotions a bit.

Okay, Anakin just betrayed absolutely everything he ever believed in except Padme' herself. So, he just slaughtered the Seperatist leaders, and he sees Padme'. They hug, and she starts telling him that Obi-wan has told her what he's done. She's begging him to tell her it isn't true. She can't believe he's fallen to the Dark Side! Anakin's becoming angry. He just did all this for her! She is the only thing left in life that matters to him! To him, in his Dark Side, it looks like she, too, is turning against him. Then, the clincher.

Obi-wan walks out of the ship Padme' came in.

Anakin suddenly thinks that Padme's trying to help his old master kill him! The Dark Side fills him with rage, and, being his usual impulsive self, he chokes her. Note that he doesn't choke her to death, like he does everyone else. He does release her.

After the Battle of the Heroes, he's in the suit. He finally asks, "How is Padme'? Is she all right?" When he finds out that she's dead, he flies into a rage, destroying almost everything in the room. Inside, his soul itself is crushed as much as the medical droids are. He believes that he has just murdered his wife and his child.

Enough of that. As far as the whole mideclorians thing goes, it's kinda wierd, and the Force made a lot more sense before it came along (at least to me). But it is a part of officially accepted Star Wars canon, and it's in the movies, which makes them even more canon than one of the books.

this is becoming quite a seroius thread look there's no need to try to come up with any reasons why the other is the better one since we can never know but think about somethings for example their falling to the darkside

Revan's falling to the darkside was that he did it to save the galaxy he belived that the republic and the jedi was to weak to stand against the true sith while anakin did it to save Padme

my point is that revan is better at somethings that anakin is not that good with whilst anakin is good at somethings revan probably is not good on

if you ask me Revan was the most powerfull of his time and anakin the most powerfull of his time and we can't compare them since we know almost nothing about revan this simple to answer why we can't answer the questions of revan

Scenario 1

We have never seen Revan in lightsaber combat except from what we saw from the game and will probably never do so there is no way we can know who would win

Scenario 2

Revan was a better general than anakin but since there is 4000 year gap between their armies now well even if we would give them same tech we can't know who would win since we will never seen that war so we can't decide that either if you ask me the sithtroopers seems just as crappy as the stormtroopers

Scenario 3

Now we have never seen anakin as force potential neither revan that means we can't decide this either so there is no reason to belive that revan ownes anakin or anakin owns revan

scenario 4

i won't even answer this

Scenario 5

We will never know this either if you seen my the comments above we don't really need this scenario

So basically your whole post boils down to "I'm not answering any of these questions"?

Star Wars is fictional. It doesn't matter that the armies are 4000 years apart; apply some creative thinking. :)

Anakin Skywalker ceased to exist before Darth Vader.
Ceased to exist after...? And despite what deep dramatic things people say, Darth Vader is still Anakin Skywalker. :)

Ceased to exist after...? And despite what deep dramatic things people say, Darth Vader is still Anakin Skywalker. :)

Come on, Inyri... while yes, you are technically right, Anakin isn't around after Order 66. It's Vader then, and they are, for many, (especially because of the widespread hatred of Anakin's portrayal), two completely different people.

Vader was a a bad-mutha-sith, while Anakin was a whiny, angsty teenager (not necessarily, but he was a lot different to the man he would become.).

Also, aren't these Revan vs... threads getting a little old?

Probably not. But then, there's no reason to believe that Revan was as good as Thrawn either. Thrawn's most incredible ability was nearly plucking victory out of the grasp of the New Republic despite facing equal numbers of enemies who were better trained, better equipped, and better motivated. Admittedly, he was able to reverse all three with the Mount Tantiss Project, the capture of most of the Katana Fleet, and his own inspiring presence, but during the early days of the war, during the attack on Sluis Van, for example, none of those three had taken effect and Thrawn still does a terrible amount of damage.

Revan, on the other hand, was facing lesser numbers of worse equipped and worse trained enemy troops, as he had taken most of the Republic Military into the Unknown Regions with him. Furthermore, he had probably an equivalent number of Dark Jedi, AND he had the Star Forge. I'm sure he was a very skilled strategist, but he didn't need to be Thrawn to crush the Republic.

Sorry but what about General Grevious. He wasn't force sensitive. he was just trained by count dooku

General Grievous was a special case. He had special systems and protocols built in to allow him to effectively wield a lightsaber. His sensor array was so advanced that he could sense when a lightsaber was coming at him, so he could block it.

In that post, I was mostly trying to say that Boba Fett wouldn't have survived a lightsaber bout with Darth Vader (aka The Chosen One who happened to have a really, really strong connection with the Force). :)

Archived