Home

Anakin vs. Revan

thundrfang1

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are really underestimating the raw power of a completed Death Star. Or maybe you're overestimating the power of the Star Forge fleet. Let me remind you that the Republic Fleet was able to defeat a Star Forge fleet that significantly outnumbered them only by getting the advantage of Battle Meditation. Star Forge ships are pretty clearly not all that good.

Yeah but the Death Star was blown up by a single proton torpedo into an exaust port :xp:.

Also the attack on the Death Star was mostly composed of small fighters like the X-Wing.

It took multiple battleships to destroy the Star Forge, and as you said the Republic only destroyed it due to Bastila's Battle Meditation and that was with an armada of battleships and fighters so I wouldn't exactly call the Star Forge ships "clearly" not that good if anything they are stronger than the Republic equivilents.

Yeah but the Death Star was blown up by a single proton torpedo into an exaust port :xp:.

Also the attack on the Death Star was mostly composed of small fighters like the X-Wing.

It took multiple battleships to destroy the Star Forge, and as you said the Republic only destroyed it due to Bastila's Battle Meditation and that was with an armada of battleships and fighters so I wouldn't exactly call the Star Forge ships "clearly" not that good if anything they are stronger than the Republic equivilents.

Agreed. Plus with it's droid production, the Star Forge is a powerful weapon.

Ah, but the endless army of droids could overwhelm an army not trained for it. Remember, the clones were trained to fight droids, and had jedi to help them. If it came down to a fight of droids v clones, then the droids would win.

You've completely missed my point. So what if they can create endless droids and ships? The Death Star laser can destroy an entire planet - it'd have no problem with obliterating a puny, several thousand year old space station.

Hell, with a few of Admiral Daala's secret weapons, the Star Forge might even lose it's energy source. Sun Crushers, anyone?

Yeah but the Death Star was blown up by a single proton torpedo into an exaust port .

What is that supposed to prove?

The only reason the rebels even attempted to attack Death Star I is because they knew its weakness, and they never would have figured out about the weakness if the thing's plans hadn't been stolen by them. Of course it was destroyed by two proton torpedoes sent down its exhaust port - that was its weakness.

Obviously, even knowing about the exhaust port wouldn't have done the rebels any good if not for Tarkin's overconfidence - he totally ignored the rebel fighters despite his subordinate's warning. The Death Star had thousands of TIE Fighters in its hangars, and if he launched them, the mere 30 rebels would have been completely annihilated, Force-assisted pilot or not. Vader knew better, obviously, and had his personal fighter squadron launched under his own authority. The rest is history.

I hate it when people take a single fact out of canon and try to use it as proof of their point, while at the same time ignoring the context of said fact.

Ah, but the endless army of droids could overwhelm an army not trained for it. Remember, the clones were trained to fight droids, and had jedi to help them. If it came down to a fight of droids v clones, then the droids would win.

As for the "limitless armies and fleets" myth - do you seriously propose that the Sith had infinite droids and ships? That's impossible, because there's not enough space onboard their ships for an infinite amount of droids, and they don't have enough men to crew an infinite number of ships. Therefore, they can't have more ships or droids than a certain peak amount, and that peak amount was larger than the fleet of the Republic during the Jedi Civil War. In regards to the "unlimited droids" myth - if the battle droids of the Sith Empire were so high in numbers and useful in the war, then why do the regular Sith soldiers outnumber them by a ratio of (at least) 12:1?

The Death Star had thousands of TIE Fighters in its hangars, and if he launched them, the mere 30 rebels would have been completely annihilated, Force-assisted pilot or not. Vader knew better, obviously, and had his personal fighter squadron launched under his own authority. The rest is history.

I hate it when people take a single fact out of canon and try to use it as proof of their point, while at the same time ignoring the context of said fact.[/Quote]

Yeah but this whole topic is out of context: Revan (maybe Darth?) vs Pre-Vader Anakin with the Death Star II, doesn't that seem a bit odd to you?

And where exactly is it said that the Death Star had thousands of fighters?

I don't remember even the larger Death Star II which was expecting a full scale assault launch more than 50 if that.

Yeah but this whole topic is out of context: Revan (maybe Darth?) vs Pre-Vader Anakin with the Death Star II, doesn't that seem a bit odd to you?

The entire topic is ludicrous from my viewpoint. If you'll notice, I never said anything about which of the two would win in a fight. I'm only debating what isn't totally arbitrary.

I don't remember even the larger Death Star II which was expecting a full scale assault launch more than 50 if that.

I've never heard of a source which indicates that the Death Star II launched fighters at all. With the presence of the Imperial fleet, however, I don't see why it would need to.

I think we all need to take into account something very, very important: even in fiction, this fight could NEVER HAPPEN. Period. There is NO WAY Revan would ever survive long enough to fight Anakin. Besides the fact that it didn't happen. Stop taking it quite so seriously and post your opinions on the actual topic. That's my suggestion. Peace!:Pir2:

I've never heard of a source which indicates that the Death Star II launched fighters at all. With the presence of the Imperial fleet, however, I don't see why it would need to.
Being as how the battlestation hadn't been completed yet it's more than likely that it didn't have a contingent of starfighters yet. I would imagine that, being as how the Emperor was already aware of the Rebel assault, he would have just brought the fleet in and not transferred any starfighters, since it would just be a wasted effort. No need to move them when they're already there. :)

Besides, the Death Star II was immune to a Trench Run Attack, the Thermal Exhaust port had been replaced with an alternate exhaust system that was immune to TRD.

Keep in mind that no matter how fast the Star Forge can build stuff, the laws of physics dictate that it cannot create an infinite army. You cannot create something out of nothing.

Who do you think would win in a fight, Anakin or Revan? Anakin is not at full potential. He is only at the potential that he is in in episode 3.

Scenario 1: Lightsabers only. No melee, blasters, or force powers.

Scenario 2: War. Anakin controls the Imperial Army (including the Death Star 2), and Revan controls the Star Forges sith army.

Scenario 3: Force battle. Force powers only.

Scenario 4: Padme is being held hostage by Revan, and Bastilla is being held hostage by Anakin.

Scenario 5: All out battle. Fight to the death. Each uses whatever needed to win (except their army).

Ok, thats about it. Guive reasons and let the battle begin!

1. Revan would win this one. Because, his style with the lightsaber is much better handled then Anakin's.

2. Hard to say, but my vote go's to Revan. Because the Star Forge (In my opinion) is a much more powerful space station then the Death Star. And the sith army has a more protection armor then the Imperial's.

3. Oh, Revan would win this one. He use's more force powers then Anakin does.

4. Eh.. hard to say. I guess they both win on that one.

5. I guess, they both lose on that one.

Keep in mind that no matter how fast the Star Forge can build stuff, the laws of physics dictate that it cannot create an infinite army. You cannot create something out of nothing.

You are aware that this is Star Wars the laws of physics doesn't exactly apply...

Doesn't the Star Forge convert matter from a star using the Dark Side to convert the base elements into ships and Droids?

So in theory as long as you had a star you had enough material to create the droids/ships.

You are aware that this is Star Wars the laws of physics doesn't exactly apply...

Doesn't the Star Forge convert matter from a star using the Dark Side to convert the base elements into ships and Droids?

So in theory as long as you had a star you had enough material to create the droids/ships.

Indeed. As in the last part of KotOR,

I quote:

Malak knew that his Sith underlings would be no match for Revan, but they would be able to slow Revan down, giving Malak enough time to set up the Star Forge's defenses, which were infinite battle droids constantly created by the Star Forge. Revan defeated the garrison, acquired some Star Forge Robes, and took the elevator to the Command Center.

Also, the Empire wouldn't be able to attack the station effectively, the reason being;

Internally, the Star Forge was also capable of manufacturing thousands of battle droids for defense, and possessed several heavy blast doors that ran throughout the entire factory. It was also protected by a deadly ship-disabling energy field projected from Lehon's Temple of the Ancients on the Rakata homeworld nearby. The field caused ships to malfunction and be captured in the planet's gravity well, sending them spiraling down to the world below.

Now to prove that the Star Forge creates ships using Dark Side energies:

The Star Forge, now a fusion of technology and dark side energies, began corrupting the Rakata in order to gain the immense power it required to operate itself and ultimately caused the collapse of the Rakatan Empire.

Not only is this a red herring argument, but the laws of physics in Star Wars only differ from those in real life when they are directly shown to be different.

What about the Force?

Last time I checked, the Force is described as a thing.

which were infinite battle droids constantly created by the Star Forge.

You can't have an infinite number of objects within a finite space.

Also, the Empire wouldn't be able to attack the station effectively, the reason being;

"Internally, the Star Forge was also capable of manufacturing thousands of battle droids for defense, and possessed several heavy blast doors that ran throughout the entire factory. It was also protected by a deadly ship-disabling energy field projected from Lehon's Temple of the Ancients on the Rakata homeworld nearby. The field caused ships to malfunction and be captured in the planet's gravity well, sending them spiraling down to the world below."

If the Republic could attack the Star Forge, then why wouldn't anyone else be able to by the same means as they? Besides, if said field couldn't be avoided, then why wasn't the Sith fleet or the Star Forge itself affected by it?

You can't have an infinite number of objects within a finite space.

That is correct, but it doesn't say there that the Star Forge has an infinite number of droids, it says it can create an infinite number of droids. Now I don't think Revan would be so stupid as to order the Star Forge to create an infinite amount of droids, he'd just order the replacement of those who were destroyed.

Now, then: infinite fleets? no. its *possible* for the star forge to create infinite ships, but no one would do that. they'd create heaps of ships, but and infinite amount. they couldnt truly have "infinite" fleets, because theyd run out of space. but they'd have heck of a lot of them, cause galaxy is huge.

The entire topic is ludicrous from my viewpoint. If you'll notice, I never said anything about which of the two would win in a fight. I'm only debating what isn't totally arbitrary.

I think we all need to take into account something very, very important: even in fiction, this fight could NEVER HAPPEN. Period. There is NO WAY Revan would ever survive long enough to fight Anakin. Besides the fact that it didn't happen. Stop taking it quite so seriously and post your opinions on the actual topic. That's my suggestion. Peace!

we know it wouldnt happen. but come on, people! dont douse the fun! there's no reason not to discuss it!

uh, since there are no objections to my ealier post, id take it that what i said is correct...?

*Snort* It doesn't matter how fast the Star Forge can construct droids, by the time you're able to create an army capable of conquering an entire populated galaxy with it, you will have eaten that star several times over. Besides, I'm pretty sure it would supernova long before you ate it all as the gravity of the sun was reduced.

Besides, if said field couldn't be avoided, then why wasn't the Sith fleet or the Star Forge itself affected by it?

In KOTOR 1, it is stated that they (Sith fleet/Star Forge) had something built into them which made them immune to the field. Revan probably figured out how to make said something when he studied the field on the Rakatan planet. Also, the Sith would have to be immune to the field if they had all those Dark Jedi in the temple. One other thing that indicates the 'immunity to the death trap' was the fact that Malak was torturing Bastilla in the Rakatan Temple.

By the time you're able to create an army capable of conquering an entire populated galaxy with it, you will have eaten that star several times over.

Do you know how much matter is in the Star Forge's star? At what rate does a fully operating Star Forge eat stars?

The Star Forge was a giant automated shipyard, designed to create the most powerful army of all time, constructed by the Rakatan Infinite Empire in 30,000 BBY, five thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Republic.

The Star Forge was able to work for about 26,000 years without draining the sun completely. I don't think producing a huge number of droids/ships would eat the sun.

Archived