Home

Anakin vs. Revan

thundrfang1

JIGOS, I want to ask you something (no offense). Do you like the story of Vader being recreated (maybe resurrected, IDK) in +150 ABY, because I'd love to see story like that. I have an idea, why don't we tell GL about this. He should give Vader a great shot ( you know, because of the Chosen One thing) like other badass characters. I think every SW fans will like it. Or maybe you or everyone have a different opinion and imagination about Vader's destiny, because personally I hate Vader's fate (you know why, just look at Ep6).

seriously, i really feel sorry for vader when i see ep3. but i havnt read the legacy comics so i dont know. but from what i see, the only way to bring him back would be cloning. which is extremely cliche, and generally what people see as a lame plot, AFAIK. but they might do something like, IDK, that cade sywalker (i think his name is) ive heard he can bring people back to life? maybe they could do something like anakins super power + cade's resurrect thing, and maybe throw in something about darth plagueis, and it just might work. but as i said, i havnt read legacy, and also havnt checked wookiepedia, because of spoilers and because i intend to read it sometime. so i dont have enough info to make an opinion.

[edit]

but wait, arent they doing some crossover thing between four sw comic series, including kotor and legacy?

maybe something like this could be done there? i dont know

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm... I prefer resurrection rather than crossover (I think it's like Marvel vs DC, I don't like that crossover, because it's based on popularity, and I think Revan will get a cool shot again because of his popularity). I wonder if GL make a story like that, I want to tell him about this. He should consider this, I think.

Oh yeah, I too feel sorry for Vader when I see Ep3, he beats Dooku to death but beaten by Obi-Wan because Obi-Wan has area advantage. But I feel sorry ultimately when I see Vader was beaten by his not-proper-training-son, it got even worse when he went LS, and became Force ghost. Foolish ending. NO OFFENSE TO Episode 6 & VADER FANS.

I really don't like the idea of Vader being resurrected. The Emperor coming back what? three times? is bad enough! The ending in ROTJ was excellent, I think. He had to come back to the light, even though most of us like Dark Side better anyway. :lol: It wouldn't have been a good story if he'd died as a Dark Sider, and the Force Ghost was a great touch, I thought.

Well, it's useless to debate about Revan vs Vader, because everybody will use Vader's weakness (old, more machine, whatever) to end the debate and crush Vader's fans. It's better to discuss about Vader's good shots.

No offense, Endorenna. But why it wouldn't have been a good story if he'd died as a Dark Sider, do you have a reason for this statement?

No, sir. It's because useless to debate when people ignore other facts and exploit Vader's weakness to win. It seems you want to taunt me with your post (no offense). I'm tired of people saying Vader's crap, trash, etc. There's time to debate, and there's time to end the debate.

Well, I'm a Vader fan, not a "very-fanboy", so I know when to say "other people dislike my hero, it's okay if they say bad things to my hero, I take everyone's opinion as good opinion, so I will gladly admit defeat in order to make everyone happy".

corinthian i hope you remember that in episode six the executor was taken down by one single a-wing so tell me how could not revan do that sort of thing to also the rebel took down the empire's fleet even thought they were outnumbered

also i think if revan was going to war and knew somebody has found out the locationof the starforge he would probably build something to protect the temple

Uh...no. The Executor was not taken out by a single A-Wing. It was taken out by a total fleet bombardment followed by a lucky strike on the bridge by an A-Wing during a maneuver. Crynyd did not destroy the Executor all by himself.

Also, a big part of the reason the Empire lost the Battle of Endor had to do with the morale loss of the Death Star II and the Executor both dying, the death of the Emperor and the end of his Battle Meditation, as well as a few other circumstances. Not exactly circumstances Revan is likely to be able to replicate.

JIGOS, I want to ask you something (no offense). Do you like the story of Vader being recreated (maybe resurrected, IDK) in +150 ABY, because I'd love to see story like that. I have an idea, why don't we tell GL about this. He should give Vader a great shot ( you know, because of the Chosen One thing) like other badass characters. I think every SW fans will like it. Or maybe you or everyone have a different opinion and imagination about Vader's destiny, because personally I hate Vader's fate (you know why, just look at Ep6).

IIRC, there's no absolute proof that Vader was the Sith'ari.

*Rolls eyes* Brilliant. So because you can't win the debate, you go off topic?

Don't taunt people. He started this thread, saw the results were all the same and decided to (in a nice and polite way) change the topic a bit to find out why people made this choice (to vote for Revan instead of Vader).

Taunting him back into a discussion he already accepted to be lost is, imo, BAD winner behaviour.

Uh...no. The Executor was not taken out by a single A-Wing. It was taken out by a total fleet bombardment followed by a lucky strike on the bridge by an A-Wing during a maneuver. Crynyd did not destroy the Executor all by himself.

Also, a big part of the reason the Empire lost the Battle of Endor had to do with the morale loss of the Death Star II and the Executor both dying, the death of the Emperor and the end of his Battle Meditation, as well as a few other circumstances. Not exactly circumstances Revan is likely to be able to replicate.

You can't prove that. In the movie, we see an A-wing fly through the bridge. We don't see that bombardment. So G-canon=1 A-wing did this. And G-canon is highest.

See how easy it is to bash this way? Please accept you have won, or people will come along and take your own words against you. Mods can do this very well, along with a ban or nice 'sparkly colour edits' under your post. :)

Further @ Topic:

Imo, resurrection sounds a bit lame to me. He's a thing of the past. If you see the general response to Flow-walking ( a novel power) you'd realise time-travel and Star Wars don't go well together. not even with an Delorean and Michael J. Fox.

So, I hope they will continue the infinities label. Infinites is basically a comic-series in which important events of the movies are spun around. Luke dying on Hoth, Luke missing the shot on the Death Star, Yoda dying before he can finish Luke's training.

Why not an infinities comics in which Vader doesn't jump at Obi-Wan? Or does, but Obi-Wan only cuts of 1 leg or puts his saber through Vader? When Vader can continue as a human beiing?

Or even more simple: Vader Unleashed game?

You can't prove that. In the movie, we see an A-wing fly through the bridge. We don't see that bombardment. So G-canon=1 A-wing did this. And G-canon is highest.[/Quote]

Ackbar: "Concentrate all fire on the Super Star Destroyer"

We then see the shield dome being destroyed.

And that's when Piett is told the shields have been lost, and then Crynd crashes into the Executor.

So, both interpretations could be seen to be correct. Although i'm leaning more towards that just being the end result of the bombardment.

For Ztalker:

Simple. Do they have the budget to do it? Yes. Do they have the will to do it? No. It's simply because many characters (Yoda, Sidious, Revan, Bane) have more fans than Vader. And maybe GL doesn't have any idea how to make a good story about "Human Vader", because probably in his mind, he imagine Vader as "evil Superman". He doesn't think about other idea, such as resurrection (I admit that's not good at all), clone (Interesting choice for me), etc. Non-canon will be great, but I think people will ignored it, because usually people use canon characters. I say this not because I want other characters look crap, I just want a good shot for Vader, because I think RODV isn't much of a good shot (no offense for RODV lover).

I want to hear other's opinion about this. Please, don't get mad at me if you don't see things like I do.

For Darth Betrayal:

It's okay if you say there's no proof Vader was the Sith'ari. I take that as a good opinion, anyway. I just want a really good shot for Vader. I will even accept non-canon story, if that's the only way to get a good shot for Vader. I never said Vader was the Sith'ari. I said he's the chosen one and should get a good story (maybe non-canon).

As far as the whole 'Sith'ari' thing, that came along with K1. Before that, no one had ever heard of a 'Sith'ari'. 'Chosen One' was enough. Personally, I thought Vader had a pretty good 'shot' when he threw the Emperor into the reactor shaft, saved his son's life, saved the galaxy, saved the Rebellion, turned away from the Dark Side, and sacrificed himself doing so.

I said he's the chosen one and should get a good story (maybe non-canon).

Darth Vader has a good story; in fact, he has six movies worth of good story! He is the main focus of both trilogies. The first one (the prequels) is about his fall. This sets up the main theme of Star Wars; redemption. The second trilogy (the originals) fulfills the theme by following Vader's journey back to the Light. If Vader dies in darkness, then the theme of Star Wars is destroyed. There's no point if it's just, "Oh, the hero finds out that he and the heroine are the son of the villain, and the hero has to kill him." Come on. That would be just dumb, IMO. I probably wouldn't even watch it if that had happened.

Besides, if you assume that the Prophecy was misinterpreted, then Vader ALSO brings balance to the force by reducing it to 2 Jedi, 2 Sith, cowardly hiding tools like Empataojayos (Sp?) Brand notwithstanding.

Now, Ztalker, I COULD go on a tangent in every way your wrong. But I won't, because Astor Kaine just proved me right for me. *Thumbs up* Also, G-Canon is only 'Highest' when only one perspective can be correct. Just invoking that 'G-Canon says this' proves nothing, unless the other, lesser canon's perspective and G-Canon's perspective are incompatible.

Now, if you'd like anything else? More tea?

look all i wanted to get to is that the imperial navy are not the best since the rebels beat it

this ISD are not the best ever well anyway much of the imperial stuff is based on the clone stuff except for the ugly TIE's anyway i know much of the stormies are clones so don't get angry on me here but in a battle in clones against stormies i think the clones would win

Besides, if you assume that the Prophecy was misinterpreted, then Vader ALSO brings balance to the force by reducing it to 2 Jedi, 2 Sith, cowardly hiding tools like Empataojayos (Sp?) Brand notwithstanding.

Now, Ztalker, I COULD go on a tangent in every way your wrong. But I won't, because Astor Kaine just proved me right for me. *Thumbs up* Also, G-Canon is only 'Highest' when only one perspective can be correct. Just invoking that 'G-Canon says this' proves nothing, unless the other, lesser canon's perspective and G-Canon's perspective are incompatible.

Now, if you'd like anything else? More tea?

Just showing you how easy it is to use the wrong stuff for your arguments. Plus, not everyone on this forums is your enemy. Of course I know the Executor was bombed to sh*t, the death of Palpatine ruined everything (mentioned in Thrawn trilogy). Just accept that not everyone knows as much about Star Wars :)

Tea would be nice though, although coffee's more my thing. :xp:

@ topic:

You are right about the prophecy though. If you take it literally. If you take in account that the Jedi felt 'unbalanced' because possibly Palpatine's shroud of darkness destroying him might have worked too.

But still, it's not the way I hoped he would do it. After TESB, where he showed off his Uber saber skills at Luke, I thought that

a) The second duel with Luke should have been longer and more intense, more TESB-like.

b) He should best Palpatine...in a...cooler way. Not throwing him down, but stepping into the lightning and stabbing him with his last power or something alike. This was...just...mwah.

Archived