Home

[REQ] Twin Suns hilt and more...

Ferc Kast

No; I don't mean the Twi'lek assassins from TSL. :xp:

I was going through one of my favorite sites again and came across a very unique lightsaber hilt called "Twin Suns". I would do this myself, but I lack the skills necessary to do something as good as this. Twin Suns hilt.

Also, I was hoping someone could do this, this and this as well. I was hoping to use said hilts for something I'm doing... The modeler of them would, of course, get full credit when it was released. :) It doesn't matter which game they were made for, as I can easily convert hilt models made for one game into being usable for the other.

• 2 weeks later...
So you don't want the hilts for K1/TSL? If not, what is the poly budget?

I wanted the hilts for either game, as I know how to convert hilts to the other game. (From K1 to TSL; Or from TSL to K1.) And, I have no idea what a 'poly budget' is; So, I can't answer the second question.

I wanted the hilts for either game, as I know how to convert hilts to the other game. (From K1 to TSL; Or from TSL to K1.)
Ah, OK.

I've done the Legion saber (the others didn't do much for me) -

th_Legion-Saber.jpg

As a game mesh (i.e. triangulated) it should weigh in at around 700 polys. You're going to have the same problem temps90 has with the saber I did for him though - you'll need to find someone else to convert it into an actual game mesh for you. I model in C4D and GMax makes me want to strangle kittens.

EDIT: OK was bored so I did the Twin Suns hilt as well. Should end up around 900 polys when triangulated. God I hate UV mapping and texturing. I could probably model half a dozen hilts in the time it takes me to map and texture one.

th_Twin-Suns-Saber.jpg

As a game mesh (i.e. triangulated) it should weigh in at around 700 polys. You're going to have the same problem temps90 has with the saber I did for him though - you'll need to find someone else to convert it into an actual game mesh for you. I model in C4D and GMax makes me want to strangle kittens.

They look very nice. :thumbsup: If you mean what I think you mean by the term "game mesh", I should be able to get into "an actual game mesh" myself. :)

Archived