Home

ATTENTION METALHEADS!!!

RC-1183

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw sepultura when I was 17 [/crap, that was 16 years ago!]

You saw Sep in old school days with Max???!!!

I officially hate you!

Right now I'm into a lot of the contemporary metal bands like Gojira, All That Remains, Unearth, Walls of Jericho, Mastodon, Killswitch Engage, etc...

Mostly metalcore as you can see, but I'm open to most things really.

My main "roots" in metal lie with old-school thrash, which was kinda the original fusion of punk/hardcore with metal, bands like Slayer, Megadeth, Sepultura, etc...

I've also got a strong affinity for the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Judas Priest being one of my all-time favourite bands.

KK Downing + Glenn Tipton = Seriously underrated double-guitar attack!!!

All That Remains,Killswitch Engage

Excellent choices

My main "roots" in metal lie with old-school thrash, which was kinda the original fusion of punk/hardcore with metal,

Also evolved from Speed Metal, bands like Motorhead and stuff

bands like Slayer, Megadeth, Sepultura, etc...

Don't forget Metallica :D

Well, Kill 'em All was one of the first thrash albums

Too true.

The greatest achievement of mine during my life was to go to the store and pick up a copy of ...Master of Puppets [RIP Cliff :(]. That was my birth in to Metal and I have never looked back since.

I'm a pure Metallica boy, I must say.

Napster, forget about it, long time ago. Sure, I didn't agree fully with Lars, but I understand where he is coming from. As wanting to break into the Music industry myself in the coming months.

Pantera is also one of my favorites. [Yes, I liked Pantera BEFORE they were cool, as I've said before...] That fateful night in December 2004 will stick with me until my dying say. It was a true sad day for music history.

Children of Bodom, Mushroom Head, Lacuna Coil.

Plenty more but I would like to get to sleep eventually.

@GTA: When exactly did Dani sell out? Sure, admittedly, his lyrics may not be up to scratch as they were back in Damnation, but that does not mean that he has sold out. You have to take in the meaning and story behind his lyrics. Only then can you truly understand that he hasn't sold out, but you may just not understand what he is telling you.

Anyways ...

Metallica is the best band that has ever graced this earth, IMO. And if I don't get to see them the next time around when they get back to Australia ... I'm going to kill someone. Haha, you can quote me on that! :lol: jk ... But still .. I wouldn't be happy..... At all.

You saw Sep in old school days with Max???!!!

I officially hate you!

After Max left, they were 'sepultura' by name only :p

During all my ducking and weaving, I clearly remember Max saying 'you F*n melbourne guys are crazy M*f*rs man.' Im sure he says that to all crowds :D

mtfbwya

After Max left, they were 'sepultura' by name only :p

During all my ducking and weaving, I clearly remember Max saying 'you F*n melbourne guys are crazy M*f*rs man.' Im sure he says that to all crowds :D

mtfbwya

"F**k sheet op!!!"

The new Gojira is amazing btw, must listen for fans of Morbid Angel, Sepultura, Voivod, etc...

Most of the music I listen to, I would consider metal in some form or another. Most would call it "nu-metal", which I still call metal. Like Disturbed (in which I'm going to see when they come to Edmonton on December 2nd this year). Or Godsmack and Stone Sour (which is moreover hard rock).

A couple of my favourite bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu and Bullet For My Valentine, I'd call metal, but they are more metalcore/screamo.

I used to listen to Rammstein daily, but haven't so much as of late, but I'm still waiting for their next album. :)

Other than that, I listen to a bunch of various other "metal" bands that many have mentioned in this thread.

Most of the music I listen to, I would consider metal in some form or another. Most would call it "nu-metal", which I still call metal. Like Disturbed (in which I'm going to see when they come to Edmonton on December 2nd this year). Or Godsmack and Stone Sour (which is moreover hard rock).

Disturbed has drifted away from Nu-Metal with there new album Indestructible, they're more Hard rock now.

Anyways, I always thought Cradle of Filth was really bad, whether they sold out or not, they're like Mudvayne *shudders again*

I concur, Dio > Ozzy.

I dunno really, I think about the songs. Both Dio and Ozzy had their strengths. I can't imagine Dio singing Planet Caravan, or Ozzy doing Mob Rules. ;)

Black Sabbath is one of my top 5, it's a legendary band they were utterly awesome. Their last great album was Headless Cross, and even that paled in comparison the early works of Sabbath.

Megadeth > most, if not all. This is not up for debate, I am right.

:tsk:

Megadeth's good, but I VERY highly doubt they're better than most, if not all bands, Metallica is better for sure, same as Slayer, and alot of other bands.

@Sabre: True, but I'd rather have Dio than Ozzy in my band

Archived