51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Atris?

• I love her to bits!
    • I love her!
    • She's cool.
    • meh. Couldnt care less
    • She's lame.
    • I hate her!
    • I hate her so much, i could CUT her to bits!
    • Yoda...

I just did a search and didnt find this, which is quite suprising :p

so i thought id make it myself.

This is a poll on what you think of Jedi Matser Atris from k2 (if you by some chance didnt know).

I've heard some opinions, but it would be interesting to see the stats.

Do you hate her, or love her?

Couldnt care less? State your opininon! :thmbup1:

This thread's icon seems to suit Atris, yes? :D

I chose option 6

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeeees well, as i said, i want to see stats.

and 'which council member' was about all the council members. this is to express passion or indifference on only Atris. So if some member just has to let their opinion on atris known, they can post here. And besides, i want to give the people who actually love atris a chance.

My opinion isn't up there. :xp: I think she is an interesting character, especially compared to the other Masters, but that doesn't mean I like her. :)

I only wish we knew more about her relationship with the Exile (male and female) and why she is so hypocritically absolute when it comes to the Jedi Code.

Firstly, she was designed for the player to despiese her, hate her. At first sight, she seems pretty much like Vrook - as you meet her before the old wrinkled master, you're even led to think she's there to antagonize the player as Vrook did before. Then, her character is slowly developed (especially if you've got Brianna on your party) to something more shady than the picture of a zealous Jedi we paint of her.

It's interesting to see her students, all blind to the Force but a strong wall against it at the same time. It's equally fun to see her turned to the dark side she promised to fight, and see the old woman crumble slowly.

Overrall, it's a somewhat rich character so no, I don't really hate her, she already has enough hate to immerse herself in.

My opinion isn't up there. I think she is an interesting character, especially compared to the other Masters, but that doesn't mean I like her.

funny, cause the reason behind option 3 is that! :D

its taken as. "atris? yeah. shes cool.:shads2:"(shes ok) not "wow atris? i like her! shes cool!"

I hate her guts!!!!! Option 7, no contest!

(She's so much fun to hate. )

yeah what i want to do to her is overwhelm her mind with exile's obviously stronger powers and make her act like a gammorean. :rofl:

but what i REALLY want to do in game is give her a paddywhack and grab exile's ligthsaber back!! that just makes me so mad!! :firemad:

has someone made a mod for that? cause i would LOVE it!!

It's interesting to see her students, all blind to the Force but a strong wall against it at the same time.

i find them annoying too. they seem to have inherited her snotnosed point of view and are so obnoxious. i loved kicking their sorry buts in their precious battle!

i havnt played male yet. and what i saw of brianna makes me think i she might be a much more likeable character than the rest of em.

The character was a good idea and she was more developed than half of the party members.

I still hate her stinking guts though. :D She's the woman you love to hate. She can rot with her holocrons for all I care. :¬:

@luckyariot: Me too. I would like to hear more about her past with the exile, if just for the sake of knowing. But exile is better off without her anyway.

~HOP

@luckyariot: Me too. I would like to hear more about her past with the exile, if just for the sake of knowing. But exile is better off without her anyway

that would be pretty good. if perhaps there was a novel explaining it, it might make the first meeting with her more... epic? (cant think of the proper word. meh:raise:)

I can't say that I "loved" her in KOTOR 2, but her character was somewhat interesting. I guess I'd say she was "cool" if only for the fact that she was screaming darkside from the very beginning and seemed to deny it.

She's essentially what I like about Vrook - Essentially right, not willing to just forgive and forget, but at the same time, she's almost his Evil Twin. While Vrook's grumpiness conceals genuinely good intent, Atris' self-righteousness conceals genuine evil.

I wouldn't say I like her, but she's a good character.

i remember checking out k2 years ago when it came out... in department store flyers and its website. i saw the pics of "that lady in white" in the promo stuff and the impression i got was "wow, she must be some sort of great jedi." must be the game's main character

try looking at k2's cover as a person who hasnt played/heard of it before.

what impression do you get of atris?

"Ooo, look, that person in white must be me! Wow, she looks really cool!"

Not! :lol: I was SO miffed when I found out she was another pontificating idiot!

I was the same way with Bastilla on the cover of K1. When I picked out my first head, I was trying to pick out the one that looked the most like her! :lol:

You can probably figure out how well that went...

She's one of the more interesting characters in TSL. I agree with the Corinthian that she is like a dark mirror-image of Vrook. I always thought that it was too bad that she couldn't join your party like the ad campaign/cover art implied.

All cover/movie poster artists should be hanged.

That whole advertising campaign made no sense, though.

i agree.

what were they thinking? was it cut out from the game?

about bastila: when i first saw her it was a shock. i expected her voice to be way different than what i heard. i expected an american accent or something.

(since in the OT all the imps were british and the rebels mostly american. AFAIK that was intentional.) but that was great voice acting on jennifer hale's part. i had played jedi academy quite a bit but i only realised it was her when i heard bastila's "ouch" lines. (in battle when she gets hit)

yeah, atris was designed to be hated. and i agree, she is a nicely made character. compared to some party members! i was kind of annoyed at the short backstories behind the party members.

compared to k1's having them as quests, k2's party members were'nt that fun in that aspect.

back to the cover: when i first saw it i had no idea what kotor was like and had no inkling to its story. but they did make atris look quite good (epic) on the cover. that is some nice artwork.

7145852149a9077313136l.jpg

she looks pretty "kick-ass" (lol) in the concept artwork.(IMO better than in game!) i think there's a cut party portrait for her in the game. not sure.

(dial up people: dont worry about the pics. ive compressed these and they should be about 20-30kb each.)7145852149a9077313243l.jpg

Archived