Home

Best Classical music and its artists

Taak Farst

i like Olivier Messaien, because the Ondes Martenot is such a beautiful instrument. Krzysztof Penderecki as well - he was an influence on Radiohead. I also love Michael Nyman's piece for The Piano, which is lovely. Overall I don't listen to much classical though, and I find the more straightforward, classic classical music if you will, to be a bit dull.

Why has no-one mentioned G.F. Handel?

My personal favourite has long been Handel - I like his pieces more than anything else. Edward Elgar ranks pretty high up the list too.

Wagner, Strauss (Johann), Grieg, Vivaldi, Mozart, Beethoven and Holst are some of my other favorites.

Orff (remember O fortuna?)

Michael Flatley - especially for his awesome peice: 'Feet of Flames -Warriors'

And who can forget:

JOHN WILLIAMS FTW!!!

Edit: Also Requiem for a Dream by Clint Mansel... I'm not sure if that's classical though...

I've only really become more interested in Classical music since I inherited my Grandfather's music collection after his death. He had some Classical compilation albums that cover Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Tchaikovsky and the like.

One particular piece that caught my eye (and my ear for that matter) was Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity by Gustav Holst =)

Archived