Home

Unused TFU ideas

Ztalker

Hey all...

Just wanted to share some information with you. My local games magazine recently featured a Force Unleashed cover story and special. The journalist who wrote it, also mentioned some games that were considered prior to the Force Unleashed and are somehow featured in it or other Star Wars media. Might be interesting...

Power Unlimited - http://www.pu.nl wrote (free translation):

There were other ideas too. Rise of the Rebellion: a game in which the player takes on the role of the very first rebel, Jedi Outlaw would feature the player as a fugitive Jedi suspected of murder, a Darth Maul game, Rebel Warrior (play as a Wookiee). Jedi Master (some sort of survival/horror version of the Jedi Knight franchise) and Jedi Prime, a game about the first Jedi and how people discovered The Force. All these ideas together lead to what would be later TFU.

Interesting...I know from concept art and the first trailer, the PC wasn't a Sith. Rather a Jedi fighting for his life. Might have been Jedi Outlaw or Jedi Master.

Any thoughts? Maybe one of these should be made?

PS: I'd love to scan and show a picture of the article, but it's in Dutch so you probably wouldn't be capable of reading it....

Space is empty. Alone and cold. The odd ship wreckage, victims battles between species we will never know the names of. A lone traveller from a world exploring space. The lust forested world of Tatooine with a visit to the peaceful, pastoral Mustafar all on the way to find the mythical planetary city near the core of the Galaxy.

I would have liked a Jedi-on-the-run game set not long after Ep3.

unless the guys name is yoda or obi wan, the ending is a bit predicable there primeski.

I think the game is set in the right era as far as gaps in the canon are concerned.

I would have loved a game with Mara Jade in it somewhere, like the MOTS expansion. Twas awesomeness.

mtfbwya

It has always been 'Unleashed' yes. But previews show a group of Jedi defending themselves from stormtroopers. No dark apprentice yet. And several pieces of the other games made it into TFU.

-You ARE there when the rebellion starts

-You do arrive on Kashyyk

-Maul is in the game

I would love Jedi Master, yes. Maybe playing an infiltrating Katarn on a Yuuzhan Vong ship? Those things are creepy as hell!

No, there is no story :)

There's just a bit of history about the Jedi (they were originally a group of the strongest, wisest and best warriors in the system sent to Tython instead of a fully functional order).

There they studied even more.

But when hyperspace was found, they were connected to the rest of the universe, and the Jedi order was born.

So...there's no real...'begin' story about the first one. The first to go to Tython.

But anyway, I heard somewhere that Lucasarts likes to have lightsabers in almost every game, to bring that 'SW_feel' around. Jedi Prime wouldn't have that. Only furnace/force-swords with some energy around them...predecessors of the lightsaber. Will the common fans buy that?

I think it has always been called Force Unleashed, even way before the game was announced the pre-viz video was called Force Unleashed Pre-Viz.

I think that even before the famous pre-vis, we had info about some "Star Wars Vader" game that turned out to be TFU, if I'm not mistaken.

Archived