Home

[K1] Odd Modeling Problem

ForeverNight

This is really, really, really weird.

I created a sword in GMax, linked it to the renamed Aurora base and exported it as a .mdl file... I then created a .uti for it through KotOR Tool and placed the .mdl, the .mdx and the .uti files in my override folder.

I guess that I should request a custom user title: "Modeling Illiterate"

Here's the three pictures I took, if anybody can help me with this, great! If you need more info, just ask and I'll try to answer the questions as best I can.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Here's the sword in GMax...Prob3.jpg

Show spoiler
Here's my equip screen...prob2.jpg Sorry about the crazy margins...:giveup:

Show spoiler
Here's what my 'sword' looks like ingame... one hell of a sword if you ask me! Prob1.jpg

And, for the record, it is a shortsword in the .uti, I just didn't change the name of the item...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: If a mod comes by and sees this, could they please change the title of [K1] Odd Modeling Problem... I have no idea what in Dante's Nine Levels 'modling' is...

title fixed :) - Cz

Thanks, ChAiNz!

Uh..... [Embarrassed Silence]... I imagine I really should've made that way more clear...

My issue is that this sword I modeled then turns into a Lightsaber ingame... not the icon issue, that's just a case of the game looking for an asset that's not really there.

So, to reiterate, the problem is that the short-sword I modeled in GMax, has now, somehow, turned into a lightsaber...

I'm 95% certain of it... but I'll go and check right now...

If that is the case... is there a handy wall I can bang my head against?

Thanks!

That was the issue. (Go figure!) That and I didn't properly link it to the AuroraBase, but it's fixed... Now all I have to do is widen up the blade a little and then texture it! Doesn't that sound like fun?

Thanks for the help, DarthParametric!

Archived